IGNORED

Steven Naismith

I think naismith needs to get white boots, long hair and an Alice band, a sleeve of tatts done, and learn how to do a drag back and throw his hands in the air when his team mates make a shite pass. Maybe then some fans will get their heads out their arse and rate a footballer who deserves a lot of credit.

As it happens he's just gonna do what he does, how many points has he earned us this season??? My guess is 6-9. At least hew moved up to "decent sub" status.

Laughable, the ridiculous plaudits Tim Cahill received, this lad is a better footballer.

Pretty much bang on comparison to Cahill. Similar types of players in terms of what they offer! Finally given the opportunity in that role and he's blossomed.

Funnily enough on his pre season debut he scored a hatrick in that position. Moyes was an absolute cart playing him out wide religiously when we had Jelavic firing blanks!

Welcome... do you think either/both will end up at Goodison? Are they good enough yet? How good do you think they'll be?

Andrew Robertson is a full Scottish international already made his debut against Poland in a 1-0 win was against Piszczek for like 15 minutes and didn't stop running.

Robbo needs a year or two to be good enough i think but has a great future ahead of him.

there's a video of him. He's got the potential to be a great player tbh. Loves to attack just needs to improve on his defensive game.

Ryan Gauld is only just 18 & a scottish u21 international. I feel he's overhyped a bit. But that doesn't take away he has potential to be a superstar. He's like a mini David Silva to me & can get to that level under the correct couching. If any of yous know Billy Bremner he's exactly like that he's a flair player but with great tracking back & being linked to clubs like BVB, Real, Arsenal & Juve isn't a fluke tbh.

Andrew Robertson was personally watched by Martinez so i see him eventually going to Everton.

Ryan Gauld i think will either flop or move to a massive club in a foreign country because he says he wants to go to a foreign league. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50YOU7fa5FY

Videos are there for extra insight to them.

Hope yous reach top 4 actually can't stand Arsenal fans and there smugness.

Always rated him as a decent squad player. I saw a lot of him for Rangers and always knew he was playing out of position and that he was a better player than being reflected.

In his new role he's surpassed that for me. I think he's a very important squad member. A real grafter!

Sorry :( haha.

How's do yous see Naismith anyway now that he's in his proper position ?

it's all good i appreciated your comments since we've been linked with robertson (and one other player, a fullback or centre back maybe?).

most people weren't big fans of him when he played on the wing, but still appreciated his work rate. this year i think the vast majority of people have seen his worth at CF and since he's been scoring this year. he has a great attitude and works hard. the way i feel is how can you not like the guy!

it's all good i appreciated your comments since we've been linked with robertson (and one other player, a fullback or centre back maybe?).

most people weren't big fans of him when he played on the wing, but still appreciated his work rate. this year i think the vast majority of people have seen his worth at CF and since he's been scoring this year. he has a great attitude and works hard. the way i feel is how can you not like the guy!

John Souttar ? Love the kid haha! he's 17 & the only Scottish CB i know of that can do a bit of skill & get forward, Have you heard of Harry Maguire at Sheffield United ? He's like that except he does more Skills but most of us feel he'd be a fantastic CDM because he's making a few mistakes and getting punished. I know some people might look at these 3 youngsters and think it's in the SPL. But James McCarthy, McGeady, Naisy, Snodgrass, Marshall etc all came from the SPL & The scotland youth squads are doing fantastic atm! our u17 just qualified with three straight wins against Belgium, Bosnia and Romania.

I've always admired Naismith's ability to poach for a goal & run off the last man. Great example is the game vs Croatia when Bannan got his penalty saved Naisy was the first to pounce & predict the play.

Would love to see Robertson, Marshall & Scougall in the Everton team in the future considering yous have 4 "Scottish" players already in it. Meaning yous are my favourite EPL club along with Norwich aha!

Cahill had a free role effectively. I liked his spirit, loved the way he scored important goals. Naismith is doing the same but gets begrudging praise.

Not when he started with Everton he didnt, only in his later years. Again I reiterate that he has only done if for a short period after being shocking for the previous season. Is it really that surprising that he isnt being compared to Cahill? If he creates the same type of impact for the next 4 or 5 years then Im sure he will be held in equally higher regard.

His impact was probably exaggerated because both Everton and Fulham had played three games in a week, so there were a lot of tired legs out there. In such an environment, Naismith is in his element because he's just so full of energy.

Lmao!!

His impact was probably exaggerated because both Everton and Fulham had played three games in a week, so there were a lot of tired legs out there. In such an environment, Naismith is in his element because he's just so full of energy.

That's just a ridiculous way of diluting the credit he deserves. Getting on as a sub can be tough to get used to the pace, Fulham worked very hard. He identified the opportunities by watching closely on the bench.

Except Fulham didn't play mid-week and were the fresher side.

I think naismith needs to get white boots, long hair and an Alice band, a sleeve of tatts done, and learn how to do a drag back and throw his hands in the air when his team mates make a shite pass. Maybe then some fans will get their heads out their arse and rate a footballer who deserves a lot of credit.

As it happens he's just gonna do what he does, how many points has he earned us this season??? My guess is 6-9. At least hew moved up to "decent sub" status.

Laughable, the ridiculous plaudits Tim Cahill received, this lad is a better footballer.

He'd look good with long hair like, think he should use the beds as well.

He's a striker, he is going to earn us points, thats his job. How many points has Lukaku earned us this season, yet he gets stick because he doesn't run round chasing the ball between 4 defenders yet Naismith comes off the bench scores a couple of goals and he's seen as a god amongst men to some people on here.

The games he's started, apart from winning a few headers he's been average. This is why he is a decent sub.

He'd look good with long hair like, think he should use the beds as well.

He's a striker, he is going to earn us points, thats his job. How many points has Lukaku earned us this season, yet he gets stick because he doesn't run round chasing the ball between 4 defenders yet Naismith comes off the bench scores a couple of goals and he's seen as a god amongst men to some people on here.

The games he's started, apart from winning a few headers he's been average. This is why he is a decent sub.

He's a striker and he's going to earn us points??? Really, as an Evertonian those sorts of strikers have been rare. He has the best goals per minutes and chance conversion of any of our players.

Somehow I think Traore is an "outlier".

Goalscoring is Lukakus job, and Naismith on a goals to minutes ratio is perfroming better.

Yeah I was joking, to be fair I do think Naismith played well the other day, but, I also think if he had been our main striker this year we wouldn't be where we are now and his goals per min ratio would be alot more. That's why I said he is a 'decent sub' something which I still think. I just don't get all this man love for Naismith just because he has the odd good 30-45 minutes coming off the bench against poor teams. While Lukaku gets slated cos he goes a couple of games without scoring, especially when as I said earlier he played well on Sunday.

Yeah I was joking, to be fair I do think Naismith played well the other day, but, I also think if he had been our main striker this year we wouldn't be where we are now and his goals per min ratio would be alot more. That's why I said he is a 'decent sub' something which I still think. I just don't get all this man love for Naismith just because he has the odd good 30-45 minutes coming off the bench against poor teams. While Lukaku gets slated cos he goes a couple of games without scoring, especially when as I said earlier he played well on Sunday.

I think the truth is the opposite, fans get carried away with Lukaku relative to his performance levels. Yes he has scored goals, but for me he could have done more in some games.

What more do you think he could have done, i'm intrigued?

He has been poor in holding up the ball for me, a lad of his physicality should be far more comfortable, his touch is not good, he mis controlled a pass that led to WBA equalising. At times his work rate suggests "cant be bothered" attitude.

He has been poor in holding up the ball for me, a lad of his physicality should be far more comfortable, his touch is not good, he mis controlled a pass that led to WBA equalising. At times his work rate suggests "cant be bothered" attitude.

I've been encouraged by his physicality recently. It's definitely improved so you can tell that he is putting the effort in on the training ground.

I find myself changing my mind about whether I'd like to sign him permanently from week to week. He's definitely going to cost a big wedge of our budget, so do we risk splurging it on him in the hope he does reach his potential or take the risk that he won't and spend our money more frugally and hope we don't regret it?

It's a tough one and I don't envy Martinez having to make that decision (if signing him is even an option!).

if Naismith would have been stronger against Heitinga then Fulham probably wouldn't of scored on Saturday.It was probably a foul but it was a bit soft. Delefeou lost the ball in the Arsenal game and they went up the other end and scored, you can't really blame forwards for faults leading to goals because the ball still has to travel a long way before the other team score, thats what the rest of the team are there for.

Agree on his touch, it isn't the best but I think people forget how young he is because he's massive, he's only a few months older than Barkley, yet if Barkley drifts out of a game, which he does do every now an again whether that be down to his injury I don't know (Lukaku has also had an injury that kept him out for a good few games) Barkley gets away with it because he's 'still learning'.

Some fans think players are machines and can run all day. I'd much rather him reserve energy to get into the box rather than 'doing doggies' while the defence pass the ball round to each other like Jelavic used to do.

After that performance it's funny to hear people still trying to make excuses as to why he played well haha.

It's pretty simple, he played very well. He made a massive difference, if you can't recognise that then there is no point Mr explaining... Simple fact is you never will get it.

All the people that backed him from the start must be smiling now.

yes shukes cause he's a world beater isn't he. Remember the last thread you have just posted cause I will when we are on a losing steak next season and everyone gets on his back again when he comes on. He's hit a little purple patch of late but he will never be the answer to our striking dilemma. Plain and simple, if we were to keep lukaku and go out and buy another world class striker he wouldn't get a sniff.

OK, OK. The point is that, as a sub, he tends to come into a game when others are tired, so his sheer energy makes a tangible difference.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he should really be anything more than that though. But he came on and did exactly what was asked of him (something Barkley failed miserably at for 45 minutes) and he isn't getting the credit he deserves (I'm not saying you're one of those people). No one's calling him a world beater, just praising him for a job well done.

I think the majority agree he done well on Sunday and that he is good at coming on as a sub, a few of us are not getting overly excited like others by thinking he is now a class player.

This is always gonna be the case with Naismith, some people will think he is a lot better than he is, and others (Me included therefore it is the right opinion :D ) Will think he is just a good sub.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he should really be anything more than that though. But he came on and did exactly what was asked of him (something Barkley failed miserably at for 45 minutes) and he isn't getting the credit he deserves (I'm not saying you're one of those people). No one's calling him a world beater, just praising him for a job well done.

To be honest, I thought he led the line exceptionally well when Lukaku was injured, Id have no qualms with him starting games.

yes shukes cause he's a world beater isn't he. Remember the last thread you have just posted cause I will when we are on a losing steak next season and everyone gets on his back again when he comes on. He's hit a little purple patch of late but he will never be the answer to our striking dilemma. Plain and simple, if we were to keep lukaku and go out and buy another world class striker he wouldn't get a sniff.

not saying he is world class, just that he deserves credit for his performances. Which to be fair he is getting, it's just it's funny that people are try to play it down still.

And to be fair to me..... i have always had his corner. Never thought he is a world class player. I just think i recognise the job he does. He is a lot better than most people make out. His touch is better than most of our team and he has always had a decent accuracy on his passing and shooting.

While he is prone to the occasional embarrasing moment ... tripping himself up twice and giving away a throwing.... he can also be credited for lovely bits of skill....Real madrid match anyone.

He's a good guy and a good footballer and deserves credit for that.