This is what footballers and other people in privileged positions need to do - make a difference!

Sheer simplicity, but totally being in tune with what opportunity he has.

Well done Nais

I was touched to hear this Naisy. Good on you. By the way Naisy, i'm nto unemployed, but I really deserve a nice vintage Rickenbacker 360 guitar. Of course, then i'll nned the vintage Vox AC30 to play it through. *puppy eyes*

You don't need that , I need a Les Paul Studio and a 50s telecaster as well. I only want a Marshal amp so I'm not greedy ;)

We have so many guitar players on this site, unbelievable.

Sadly I'd wager a decent wedge that I'm the least talented :(.

Well done Steven. Just hope they give it to the deserved and not just some any old smack head who's not arsed in getting work. It needs to be remembered that this is all well and good but I also know people who work every hour god sends and still can't find funds to go the game due to poor wages and having kids.

Ok Mike, that a TT band in the offing then!!

Naismith is really growing on me. Not just for these actions but because of his work on the pitch. He is a great finisher, is very often in the right place and works his arse off in every situation. Im hoping that RM will give him a go together with Lukaku.

Even me. Les Paul Classic Custom & a Marshall DSL. It's just for a bit of fun though. The electric guitar is yesterday's instrument.

Even me. Les Paul Classic Custom & a Marshall DSL. It's just for a bit of fun though. The electric guitar is yesterday's instrument.

yesterdays instrument??? strange even by your standards!! :D I actually earn more from playing 'yesterdays instrument' than from my day job! but I guess 'yesterdays instrument' is probably code for 'I really wish I could play this properly'!! ;)

MikeO, you would have just lost a decent wedge in that wager...

Well done Steven. Just hope they give it to the deserved and not just some any old smack head who's not arsed in getting work. It needs to be remembered that this is all well and good but I also know people who work every hour god sends and still can't find funds to go the game due to poor wages and having kids.

Spot on Brett

Sorry Mike & Badaids, i have that one in the bag!

Brilliant stuff from Naismith, I like that he hasnt forgotten his roots and can see the comparison between two great cities. Proper good guy.

I dont even agree with that and i own a Roland Juno GI, microkorg xl, roland t3, roland T8, kaosillator pro, korg ms 20 mini and a volca bass.

To be fair that's an excellent point.

I suppose he wants to do something though and how do you police people who work their arse off who have kids?

Although I agree wholeheartedly with what you're saying.

Bretts referring to me Steven.... Just Pm me and I'll send you my email address ;-)

It's not just the player he is, it's his journey and character. He's a role model. Simple as that, he's inspiring.

I hope my little lad approaches the game with the same attitude and determination. Just a brilliant pro. He reminds me of Cahill in many ways but is more polished with his finishing. That take today was class.

Think part of the reason we all love him at the moment is his guts and character....so Everton! To be roundly disliked and written off, yet still believe in himself enough to grab his chance when finally played in his actual position, it's inspiring. Easy to forget how much everyone on here slagged him off, not the most techinically gifted but a clever footballer who works his nuts off and puts his chances away.

First name on the team sheet at the moment!

The reason why he stands out so much is because we expect him to be shit. This is the word to describe him at the beginning, but this was because every game he was shit in, he was played right side midfield. The lad can't take anyone on, where he is played currently exposes all his good attributes. Chases everything down and presses high, good quick touches out of his feet and gets into good goal scoring positions. He is a born finisher in my eyes. Can't think I have seen many misses from him in front of goal.

Think part of the reason we all love him at the moment is his guts and character....so Everton! To be roundly disliked and written off, yet still believe in himself enough to grab his chance when finally played in his actual position, it's inspiring. Easy to forget how much everyone on here slagged him off, not the most techinically gifted but a clever footballer who works his nuts off and puts his chances away.

First name on the team sheet at the moment!

Excuse me, not everyone! Myself, and a few others, backed him from the beginning. I feel a bit smug and very proud (of him) right now!

Excuse me, not everyone! Myself, and a few others, backed him from the beginning. I feel a bit smug and very proud (of him) right now!

agreed...i slated the choosin of him as a winger which he clearly isn't...behind the striker he is fabulous...love the guy

should try him out at centre half i reckon cos he seemed the only player who can fuckin tackle

One on one he's such a fantastic finisher

Shame he doesn't have have a yard more pace as he'd be top drawer.

Lukaku is creating space for the guy so we shouldn't forget that (although he still needs to improve 100%)

Don't think we've had such a clinical one on one finisher since Cottee!

I was having flashbacks of Cottee in and around the penalty box.

Pretty clever with movements, and his finishing is top notch. Very rarely, if ever, tries to belt it.

Guest rusty747

Top man Naisy. Definitely got all the skill and character to become an Everton legend.

"It's down to confidence. That comes from the manager who allows me to express myself. He knows my best position and he's given me my chance there. He knows I can get up and down the pitch -- but if I play wider I maybe lose aspects of my game."

I never understood why DM played him out wide when it was clear as day to anyone watching that his best position is slightly behind the striker.

I never understood why DM played him out wide when it was clear as day to anyone watching that his best position is slightly behind the striker.

Just didn't have enough options out wide while he and Moyes were at the club. Once Mirallas settled he only got chances there when Kev was injured. If it wasn't Naisy playing out there it would have been another makeshift option like Coleman or Barkley.

Not that I'm trying to give Moyes an out for doing it though. Mostly gave himself limited wide options by pretty much ignoring flair players or handling them poorly. I can't believe how quickly the squad has changed in that area with Martinez at the helm :D

Just didn't have enough options out wide while he and Moyes were at the club. Once Mirallas settled he only got chances there when Kev was injured. If it wasn't Naisy playing out there it would have been another makeshift option like Coleman or Barkley.

Not that I'm trying to give Moyes an out for doing it though. Mostly gave himself limited wide options by pretty much ignoring flair players or handling them poorly. I can't believe how quickly the squad has changed in that area with Martinez at the helm :D

I think Moyes also played him out wide because he is such a hard worker. He seemed to play him in big games as well as he would track back. I always thought Naismith was a good player even playing out wide but everyone can see he is much more comfortable in the middle behind the striker. What will we do when Barkley is fit again though!? I wouldn't want to drop him completely but only other option is to put him back on the wings isn't it? Mirallas on the left with him in the right or squad rotation player between Barkley, Lukaku and Eto'o ?

I think Moyes also played him out wide because he is such a hard worker. He seemed to play him in big games as well as he would track back. I always thought Naismith was a good player even playing out wide but everyone can see he is much more comfortable in the middle behind the striker. What will we do when Barkley is fit again though!? I wouldn't want to drop him completely but only other option is to put him back on the wings isn't it? Mirallas on the left with him in the right or squad rotation player between Barkley, Lukaku and Eto'o ?

Great problem to have though.

Great problem to have though.

Indeed. I like Naismith a lot but I'm not going to overreact to this small sample size. I don't think it's realistic to expect him to keep this form. I think his role is still ultimately as a super sub. He's someone you can bring on when you need a goal in the second half or after Barkley or Lukaku has tired themselves and you need a workhorse with fresh legs to pressure and do the dirty work.

Indeed. I like Naismith a lot but I'm not going to overreact to this small sample size. I don't think it's realistic to expect him to keep this form. I think his role is still ultimately as a super sub. He's someone you can bring on when you need a goal in the second half or after Barkley or Lukaku has tired themselves and you need a workhorse with fresh legs to pressure and do the dirty work.

Can't agree with that part more. What I love about him is his willingness to keep running and closing down, sniffing out half chances the whole game. Reminds me of the our old mate Timmy Cahill in that regard.

Seems he had a bit of a nightmare tonight

Far as I'm concerned he can have as many nightmares as he likes for Jockland as long as he does the biz for us :).

He's just saving himself for the important stuff.

I think the reaction of the Scots just shows how much expectation they have of him. Which is absolutely testament to Naisy. It sounds like they were expecting him to bang them in and Scotland to win 4 or 5 nil (have they forgot their level already?!!).

But then, I really ain't arsed how he plays for Scotland.

Watched the highlights, I actually think he played well. Yes he missed a couple that he may have done better with but the critcism is probably coming from rangers fans. OTT. His link up play was very good.

Watched the highlights, I actually think he played well. Yes he missed a couple that he may have done better with but the critcism is probably coming from rangers fans. OTT. His link up play was very good.

Haha oh yes the striker who is there to score goals missed all of his chances. I know lukaku has a poor all round game but please note haf, if he gets clear enough chances they are in the back of the net.