IGNORED

Steven Naismith

Haha oh yes the striker who is there to score goals missed all of his chances. I know lukaku has a poor all round game but please note haf, if he gets clear enough chances they are in the back of the net.

I take it you never watched the game? Just revelled in some OTT criticism. Most of it off Rangers fans who hate him for leaving.

Watched the highlights, I actually think he played well. Yes he missed a couple that he may have done better with but the critcism is probably coming from rangers fans. OTT. His link up play was very good.

I take it you never watched the game? Just revelled in some OTT criticism. Most of it off Rangers fans who hate him for leaving.

Opinion turned to fact pretty quickly didn't it! I don't care how he performs for the Jocks as long as he keeps scoring for us!

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.clubcall.com/everton/no-new-striker-talks-planned-1744650.html

Doesn't really tally with what he's done for other players, and himself!

Im not sure that he gives himself a new contract though Rom!

Not overly concerned really. As much as we appreciate how Naismith has stepped up, he's not of the same quality as those who got new contracts.

Plus it's not really the time of year that many contracts get looked at???

Im not sure that he gives himself a new contract though Rom!

Not overly concerned really. As much as we appreciate how Naismith has stepped up, he's not of the same quality as those who got new contracts.

Plus it's not really the time of year that many contracts get looked at???

He's one of our better players. Absolute vital member of this "squad". With Barkley back we won't be reliant on him as much but he's certainly proved himself to be more than worthy. A natural finisher and a long with Mirallas should be offered a longer better deal. It's these type of players that will slip out of our hands if we don't act quickly.

Teams will be queuing for Naismith.

I expect a 2 year deal to be offered in the summer. Well deserved if he carries on the way he is going. Typifies the professionalism and type of attitude we want from supposedly more lavishly gifted players.

That would make sense. Especially if he can keep going the way he has under RM.

I've heard enough Reds saying that they wouldn't mind him in their team. That is saying something. There are players out there that whilst not being the most spectacular do an amazing job for the team.

Shane Long hasn't scored a goal for Southampton but he was outstanding for them against Sunderland. He has the same ethic as Naismith (both better in the air than they should be) - at £12m he is a little overpriced but gives an idea as to how much Naismith should be valued...

It's Mirallas who needs the new deal in all honesty. Naismith will gladly re-sign. Mirallas on the other hand could be swayed by a CL club and we'll end up with no fee or a small fee because he's only got 1 year left come the summer. Needs sorting. ASAP

Maybe that's why he's not getting a contract. RM plans to sell big and use the money elsewhere. I love naisy as much as the next guy but depending on how much he was able to swindle a team out of, I woudlnt be that mad.

Not enough I'm afraid. Teams don't like paying big money for worth ethic alone. And outside of Everton he's not highly rated. I'd say we'd be lucky to get £10m for him. His value is probably between £8m & £10m based on the past 12 months.

I probably shouldn't point this out as all hell will be unleashed on me but you said a couple of hours ago that 'teams will be queuing up for him', now you say 'he's not that highly rated outside of everton'. You maybe mean something else by that?

To be honest, I don't think we'd get that much for him. £8 mill max. He's a great player to have with his work ethic and more his in your face attitude. I love that about him. But as you say, it's not worth a lot of money on its own.

He is real useful to have though. No point in getting rid. Not yet.

I probably shouldn't point this out as all hell will be unleashed on me but you said a couple of hours ago that 'teams will be queuing up for him', now you say 'he's not that highly rated outside of everton'. You maybe mean something else by that?

To be honest, I don't think we'd get that much for him. £8 mill max. He's a great player to have with his work ethic and more his in your face attitude. I love that about him. But as you say, it's not worth a lot of money on its own.

He is real useful to have though. No point in getting rid. Not yet.

He's never going to end up anywhere above us. I think we're about his level (so not highly rated amongst the big clubs). Teams below us would be queuing if he was available on a free or a couple of million.

Great point MC. Another factor we are forgetting is that maybe they offered him a new deal and he didn't sign. What if he wants to go to a team and play every match instead of being a bench/rotation player. Maybe nothing's come out because he is a pro and classy and just wants to leave on good terms.

Not saying I think that's it, but just trying to get all the angles covered.

Moyes signed him to play on the wingso not a great signing by him even if he may have been the manager when we brought him in. If Martinez hadnt of turned up we would have been calling for his head long before now!

That's debatable. Whilst he played there nearly all the time under Moyes we had no other options out wide at that time. It was also Mirallas first season and he was out a lot injured. Therefore we only really had Naismith to fill that position.

He did score a Hatrick playing off the striker in pre season under Moyes.

That's debatable. Whilst he played there nearly all the time under Moyes we had no other options out wide at that time. It was also Mirallas first season and he was out a lot injured. Therefore we only really had Naismith to fill that position.

He did score a Hatrick playing off the striker in pre season under Moyes.

He had plenty of opportunity to play him up front if he had wished in the 2012-13 season.

His wide options were:

Oviedo, Barkley, Osman, Pienaar, Mirallas, Gueye and even Vic.

Bearing in mind we had only Vic and Jelavic who played upfront of which the latter was useless.

Oh and Mirallas played 27 games out of 38 in the league.

He had plenty of opportunity to play him up front if he had wished in the 2012-13 season.

His wide options were:

Oviedo, Barkley, Osman, Pienaar, Mirallas, Gueye and even Vic.

Bearing in mind we had only Vic and Jelavic who played upfront of which the latter was useless.

Oh and Mirallas played 27 games out of 38 in the league.

Bold: clutching at straws with those names Bailey. Gueye not good enough (left sided player). Oviedo just brought in (left sided player). The rest can't consider them wide players at all.

Pienaar & Mirallas only viable wide players. Out of those 27 games Mirallas played I'm sure at least another 10 of those were cameo appearances. I remember him going of against Fulham or Stoke and Liverpool at home early of the top of my head. It got to the point were Moyes came out in the media and said he needed to toughen up. Moyes was bringing him off after 70mins every game.

Also Naismith mainly been operating in the hole (false 9). Fellaini had that position nailed. So to suggest he bought him to play out wide is still debatable.

I'm sure if Moyes had Pienaar, Mcgeady, Deulofeu, Mirallas available he wouldn't have been anywhere near the wings. Not suggesting he'd be near the starting 11 either but I'm sure he would have played more central if Fellaini wasn't about.