IGNORED

Steven Naismith

how can coleman be a find when he's been player of the season before? not quite finding him when he's already been superb.

He's hit a new level this season though under Martinez, Naismith was already scoring goals against teams before this season, Liverpool in the 2-2 draw and Chelsea last game of the season. But again he's improved, Stones is obviously the main find of the season due to noone knowing he was actually that good beforehand, I only mentioned Coleman because of how much he has improved.

It's fair to say that McCarthy's perceived value has increased in the eyes of most of us.

As much as i knew McCarthy was going to be great for us, I did think "at the time" Wigan did well to get £13m - purely because we had no competitors, they needed to sell and he wanted to go here.

If we sold him tomorrow we would be looking at a massive profit.

As much as i knew McCarthy was going to be great for us, I did think "at the time" Wigan did well to get £13m - purely because we had no competitors, they needed to sell and he wanted to go here.

If we sold him tomorrow we would be looking at a massive profit.

Spurs were in for him too - he wanted to link back up with Roberto though.

Who would be our find of the season then?

Wouldnt be McCarthy, we paid 16m for him so we knew he was good.

Barry? nah! we loaned him from Man City, he already had pedigree.

Stones? maybe but again he came with a good reputation and possible promise...but still could be the best first team find.

Naismith was pretty much wrote of by fans and has came back to become an important member of our team let alone squad. Reading our own forums you can see that fans are actually questioning RM at times for not bringing him on!

Good question! Barkley probably, or Stones but now you mention it, maybe Stevie deserves the plaudits for most improved.

I dont think Coleman has evolved massively this season. I know he has scored more, but hes doing the same of what he did in the previous season, just with more result. Thats evolution for sure, but not massive.

Good question! Barkley probably, or Stones but now you mention it, maybe Stevie deserves the plaudits for most improved.

I dont think Coleman has evolved massively this season. I know he has scored more, but hes doing the same of what he did in the previous season, just with more result. Thats evolution for sure, but not massive.

Can't remember him making Santi Cazorla look like a cunt last season?! Haha!

Agree with Barkley, sometimes he's looked unplayable this season, be brilliant if he can keep it consistent next season.

Can't remember him making Santi Cazorla look like a cunt last season?! Haha!

Agree with Barkley, sometimes he's looked unplayable this season, be brilliant if he can keep it consistent next season.

I remember him going on quite a few mazy runs last year into the box

For Barkleys first full season, Im very happy. Some seem to think that youngsters have to come in and be flawless, but until theyre 23-25 they are always going to make mistakes and have a lot of learning to do. Coleman has been performing like this for 2-3 years now, just not consistently. Hes had to have the rough patches, make the mistakes and has shown that by coming of age this year. I think he, Ross, Lukaku, McCarthy and Gerry are all in for incredible futures

I remember him going on quite a few mazy runs last year into the box

For Barkleys first full season, Im very happy. Some seem to think that youngsters have to come in and be flawless, but until theyre 23-25 they are always going to make mistakes and have a lot of learning to do. Coleman has been performing like this for 2-3 years now, just not consistently. Hes had to have the rough patches, make the mistakes and has shown that by coming of age this year. I think he, Ross, Lukaku, McCarthy and Gerry are all in for incredible futures

Yeah I agree mate, youngsters need to make mistakes to develop.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rusty747

Most improved player for me has to be Nais.

Find of the season implies best of the new youngsters and that has to be either Stones or Barkley.

Player of the Season. Only one candidate as far as I am concerned. Jimmy Mac.

Top class pro, I dare say he's worth his weight in gold around Finch Farm, people used to try and justify Phoney Phil Neville's £50k a week contract just for that reason alone - forgetting the fact that on the pitch he passed the buck more than the ball.

Nais doesn't hide, quite the opposite - he may try something that doesn't come off but he won't let it bother him, he gets amongst the play, give defenders something to think about - seriously Lukaku needs to take a note out of his book.

No idea what the comparison with Phil Neville is all about , but yeah well deserved

basically he gets a dogs life off some, yet his professionalism is up there with Neville who was tolerated for just that attribute alone - except he gives more to the team.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was touched to hear this Naisy. Good on you. By the way Naisy, i'm nto unemployed, but I really deserve a nice vintage Rickenbacker 360 guitar. Of course, then i'll nned the vintage Vox AC30 to play it through. *puppy eyes*

You don't need that , I need a Les Paul Studio and a 50s telecaster as well. I only want a Marshal amp so I'm not greedy ;)