IGNORED

Ciro Immobile

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

He has missed some sitters though. Should have bagged at least a couple post restart.

I agree with that the shut down has hurt him more than most, he hasn’t come back as the player before the shutdown, he’s come back more like the player of last season, who struggled to find the net. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

A lot of our player have struggled since the restart. European football was only an outside chance and I think most player have come back with a 'Whats the point' kind of attitude. As an Everton fan, if I am honest, I already had this season as 'done with' in my head and wasn't overly bothered if it actually started again or was wrote off. I have more of an eye on next season - how did others feel? Overly bothered about a restart.?

Now as pros being paid to play, this should not happen and players should be giving their all week in week out, but human nature doesn't work that way. 

I've felt the same way. As much as I love Everton and football in general, I wasn't really eager to see it in its current state. It always made sense to me to just scrap it all together; that would've allowed for even better planning and safer protocol for 20/21...although I suppose rushing and making a bunch of mistakes in quick succession is a means of learning too.

8 hours ago, RuffRob said:

A lot of our player have struggled since the restart. European football was only an outside chance and I think most player have come back with a 'Whats the point' kind of attitude. As an Everton fan, if I am honest, I already had this season as 'done with' in my head and wasn't overly bothered if it actually started again or was wrote off. I have more of an eye on next season - how did others feel? Overly bothered about a restart.?

Now as pros being paid to play, this should not happen and players should be giving their all week in week out, but human nature doesn't work that way. 

Don’t be coming back here with logic and reason, Rob. We don’t do that crap around here anymore. 
😂

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

You weren’t saying that in April May and June 😂

Think even you would agree with me, I’ve always rated him  and had his back.... though I will still criticise when due..... like that complete air shot volley the other week haha.

8 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Who invited this guy to our forum.... way to sensible for us!

30 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Who invited this guy to our forum.... way to sensible for us!

😂

We are currently living in very strange times, fucking with lots of people's heads. Football players will be no different. Its going to continue, it will be a stranger transfer market and a 20/21 season. I personally don't see stadiums being filled with crowds of people for at least 12months. This thing isn't going to go away quietly. For any transfers this summer, a bit of extra patience is going to be needed. Would you fancy uping sticks (with your family) and going to live in a hotel in a foreign country at the moment? away from all your friends and extended family. I have to work away on Monday night and  need to stay in a hotel, the paperwork and company risk assessments I have had to do is quite unbelievable.

Think we will also need to be a bit careful harshly judging over the 20/21 as well. Timing sucks, as first time we have a managers of Ancelloties calibre at the club. Like everybody else, 3month after his arrival he is kind of having to working with one arm be his back. So not the best for him to come to do a rebuild of the club. His first 18months at the club will be under very difficult circumstances. 

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

Think even you would agree with me, I’ve always rated him  and had his back.... though I will still criticise when due..... like that complete air shot volley the other week haha.

I do agree that you’ve always fought his corner, where as I have always praised his effort but doubted his ability, then this season before lockdown he started to score on regular basis, which proved he also had the ability and me wrong. 
Unfortunately the season closed and he has come back off the boil, but the effort is there and he has proven when in the zone he can be a goal machine, so I’m expecting him to come back strong next season, definitely not writing him off a long way to go yet. 

15 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I think more have struggled than not but at the same time we had some crunch games and the players were talking up European football and the let themselves down. 

I definitely get human nature but if that is the attitude of the players we aren't going anywhere on the pitch because when the chips are down they are going to turn it in instead of step up to the plate. 

Personally I think everyone gets carried away with DCL. He had a purple patch and his best games came under Ferguson. Shane Long scored 20 goals in a season and he will never do it again. I am not saying that DCL is the next Shane Long but the same problems he had prior to his purple patch where still there when he was scoring and they are still there now. If anything he just showed what a bit of confidence and belief can do to a player. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I do agree that you’ve always fought his corner, where as I have always praised his effort but doubted his ability, then this season before lockdown he started to score on regular basis, which proved he also had the ability and me wrong. 
Unfortunately the season closed and he has come back off the boil, but the effort is there and he has proven when in the zone he can be a goal machine, so I’m expecting him to come back strong next season, definitely not writing him off a long way to go yet. 

I think your right, the effort and overall ability is good. But his finishing does need work. Is it a confidence issue, a training issue, or just simply an ability issue I don’t know.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Bad times when 30 is the new 35.

players should be in their prime at 30. But now fans don’t want them because we can’t make any resale on them. 

Personal opinion is if they improve the team and bro g is success, that’s infinitely more important than selling them on.

Selling club mentality isn’t it? We buy a player so we need to make a profit when we sell them. 

We need the best players we can get in the team right now. If Carlo thinks he makes us better, that’s all I need to know. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Selling club mentality isn’t it? We buy a player so we need to make a profit when we sell them. 

We need the best players we can get in the team right now. If Carlo thinks he makes us better, that’s all I need to know. 

Exactly. We need to get out of this mentality. 

Being in players that will improve us now. Being more successful now gives young prospects something to think about. Make us an attractive club to come to.

No we need to start looking forward and plan to keep players. Southampton have tried for years to be a selling club, Norwich another. Follow these blueprints and you will follow there paths to.

There is a reason you don’t see Man City buying players for sell on value. They make more revenue being a successful club.

We need players to transition us from shite and spineless to decent and with know how.....

I'm not saying this guy is the answer but signings of this ilk may be required. 

SAF bought RVP, at 29/30 for excessive money.  He knew what he would get and swallowed the price. 

We are in a shite state. We need quality and character.  We aren't in a position to go with potential.... maybe he is a mentor for Moise 

46 minutes ago, Makis said:

How long would you plan on keeping a 30-year old player who has flopped every time he left Italy?

And comparing us to City is absolutely ridiculous.

I would keep him as long as it works. Simple really.

And comparing is trying to move forward with a team at the top? Maybe you have no ambition, but I do. I never aim to be average at anything and I am 100% sure Carlo didn’t come here to be average either. His target is to win things here. 

Your being foolish to think otherwise mate. Or your on the pop and feeling a bit negative tonight haha 😉

46 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

We need players to transition us from shite and spineless to decent and with know how.....

I'm not saying this guy is the answer but signings of this ilk may be required. 

SAF bought RVP, at 29/30 for excessive money.  He knew what he would get and swallowed the price. 

We are in a shite state. We need quality and character.  We aren't in a position to go with potential.... maybe he is a mentor for Moise 

Exactly, you should never aim to finish a place above when your mid table.... you should aim to break the top four. 

22 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don’t think the issue is so much his age, but that he’s shown he’s not very good outside of Italy and that’s a lot of money for someone that has a good chance of failing here too. 

I can agree with this. Not saying he is good enough for us, just that we need to be looking at changing this but to sell mentality. 

Was going to edit the “but to sell” to buy to sell, but I thought it was pretty catchy haha. Sounds like we’re trying to sell Delph!