IGNORED

Anderson Silva da Franca

KillaGTiR

Malaga have reiterated their desire to keep hold of Everton midfielder Anderson Silva for the second half of the season.

The Brazilian penned a four-year deal with The Toffees last summer after leaving Racing Santander, but is currently ineligible to play in England because he does not qualify for a work permit.

As a result the Merseysiders opted to loan him out to Malaga in a bid to ensure he continued playing regularly and he has established himself in the Primera outfit's first-team.

The loan deal runs until the end of January, but Malaga will attempt to persuade Everton to extend it until the end of the season and are set to meet Silva's agent Paul Hodges in the near future to thrash out terms.

"The coach (Antonio Tapia) is happy with the player and I am convinced that in a few days we will reach an agreement," stated Malaga director of sport Manuel Ruiz Hierro.

Silva has proved a valuable addition for Malaga, stepping into the void created by an injury to Uruguayan star Marcelo Romero.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=34...tend+Silva+loan

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Hey are we getting that Anderson Silva da Franca in the summer because he is ours. Hes on loan at Malaga and needs to come back because he is a striker; but if he does play for Everton why is he not on the official site and he doesnt have a squad number???? And didnt we sign him on the last day

Complicated one this but i think the story was something like we wanted him but he could not get a work permit as he had only been playing reserve / youth football. So we bought the lad and loaned him out straight away so he could get some experience and in turn play enough games to qualify for a work permit in the UK.

Dont quote me but i think thats how it worked, lets hope he turns out to be good!!

Does anyone know how he has been doing in spain??

i thought he was a defensive midfielder, again i could be wrong too...would explain the lack of goals though. dont know anymore apart from hes meant to be good...but arent they all until they turn out to be S

Edited by bluerob78

i fink thats rite but the website is all in spanish so its kinda hard to work out lol

Hopefully it's in Dutch, either that or I've forgotten how to speak Spanish :lol::lol: .

Anyway...from last September..

Everton Chief Executive, Keith Wyness, has confirmed the club has an arrangement with Brazilian midfielder Anderson da Silva, even though the player will be spending the current season with Spanish outfit, Malaga.

da Silva has been training with Everton and Wyness declared that the Blues will be keeping an eye on his progress and development while he is in Spain.

“We have come to an agreement with the Uruguayan club National Montevideo with regard to us bringing Anderson da Silva to Goodison Park at some point in the future,” he told evertonfc.com.

“As part of that agreement it was decided to allow the player to join - on loan - the Spanish Primera club, Malaga.”

Everton concluded that a season playing Spanish league football would be of benefit to the 22-year old Silva.

“Anderson da Silva is a highly-promising young footballer and we shall closely monitor his progress during his time in Spain,” added Wyness.

So it's an "agreement" for "some point in the future"

That's cleared that up then :unsure: .

Edited by mikeo

yeh hes not scored any goals and hes had 2 yellows and a red card

He's a load of shite.

He plays for malaga - bottom of laliga and he doesn't even get picked most weeks.

I have watched Revista La Liga every time Malaga have been on it and he has never been playing.

If he cant get a game for the worst Spanish side (sunderland equivalent) then he is hardly going to set the premiership alight.

Shite.

Guest fozzie22
He's a load of shite.

He plays for malaga - bottom of laliga and he doesn't even get picked most weeks.

I have watched Revista La Liga every time Malaga have been on it and he has never been playing.

If he cant get a game for the worst Spanish side (sunderland equivalent) then he is hardly going to set the premiership alight.

Shite.

We'll have him then...

• 1 month later...