IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

If you keep breaking club records then eventually you will win trophies.

Last seasons points total was a huge achievement and normally it would be good enough to guarantee CL football, its just our bloody luck that we get that amount of points in a season where it isnt good enough. If we 'tread water' and record that points haul for the next 5 seasons, we will more than likely be playing CL football for at least 3 of those years and have more cash and become more attractive to top players.

We had a good season thats a given but how much of it was down to other teams players? It was a fluke and eventually if we keep on using the same trend clubs will get wise and stop loaning to us regardless of us bringing their players on. Last season was admittedly a bit different from the last 5 or so but the last however many before that were all similar , punching above our weight, surviving. , ducking and diving and riding our luck . We have been treading water whether you're prepared to accept this or not is your choice but as we continue on there is only one place to go and thats to sink there is no future to swim as we stand

I don 't need anyone to "sort me out" I'm perfectly capable of forming my own opinions and observations. But thank you for your kind offer sir <doffs cap>

Paddock, me and you will get on fine mate. Ignore Newty, he's trying to reel you in.

He'll be telling you what car he drives next and how successful he is. Beware!

Oh no! It's happening all over again! Oh my god!

Your posts are exactly of the same nature as when a certain MiguelCotto first joined the forum. I thought it earlier today when reading some of your others. This one has nailed it.

I'm not joining in this time. I've learnt to relax! Ha.

Over to you Cotto...sort him out!!!

Newty, I honestly think you mention my name every 10 posts on here. You're obsessed. Let people have their opinion. I think Paddocks right in everything he says. Theres evidence in that. What I've learnt is there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

And yes when the shit hits the fan next season you'll hear me moan.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Oh god. I see the humour has died again. Must be the transfer nerves taking effect.

Trust me, I ain't reeling anyone in. It's all good, light hearted fun.

Paddock...just to clear it up before it goes into overdrive - the bit I took exception to is all this 'shitty records, mean fuck all, I want more...' stuff. Trust me, everybody on this forum, every evertonian...in fact, every fan of any club 'wants more'. But it's easier to support Everton if you accept the reality. Bit of dejavu going on here.

There should be no problem having any type of opinion on this forum. Say it as you see it!

Correct (have you banged your head recently? You've been talking sense for a couple of weeks now? Well, apart from that bit of blubbering before about car, success or whatever!!!)

Opinions are opinions. Be a boring life without them. Everyone has a right to have one. And everyone has a right to disagree with one.

There should be no problem having any type of opinion on this forum. Say it as you see it!

And my opinion is that the amount of cynicism and negativity from certain people is offputting. We have arguably the fastest rising manager in the world right coming off one of the best season in Everton's history and there are people acting like we're doomed forever just because said manager hasn't thrown cash around at a random player just to say we brought in new players. I swear that there are people on this forum who would insist on finding a reason for bitching and moaning if he managed to snag Messi on a free.

And my opinion is that the amount of cynicism and negativity from certain people is offputting. We have arguably the fastest rising manager in the world right coming off one of the best season in Everton's history and there are people acting like we're doomed forever just because said manager hasn't thrown cash around at a random player just to say we brought in new players. I swear that there are people on this forum who would insist on finding a reason for bitching and moaning if he managed to snag Messi on a free.

You'll always get this though. Nature of us know it all blokes following a footy club.

Just stick in the positive club. It's a better place.

Correct (have you banged your head recently? You've been talking sense for a couple of weeks now? Well, apart from that bit of blubbering before about car, success or whatever!!!)

Opinions are opinions. Be a boring life without them. Everyone has a right to have one. And everyone has a right to disagree with one.

I've never changed my stance on "where we are". We are treading water, but it's a lot better than 10-15 years ago. I do accept that there is nothing we can do about it. But that doesn't mean people can't have a moan about it.

Put them on ignore then. This is reality and opinions will differ.

I've never changed my stance on "where we are". We are treading water, but it's a lot better than 10-15 years ago. I do accept that there is nothing we can do about it. But that doesn't mean people can't have a moan about it.

Moan about what though? What we moaning about? Being a top 7 club? Fuck me, life's so hard!

I love where we are. Why? Because all through school we fought relegation year after year after yeah (Except 95 when we won the FA cup and finished 6th).I think I was 13 then...my only time to boast!!!

If it's finances...well, that's another subject. A lot of clubs are in a far worse state than we are. And we've all had this one over and over on this forum.

Anyway, don't want to go to sideways in this topic as it is for transfer talk.

We had a good season thats a given but how much of it was down to other teams players? It was a fluke and eventually if we keep on using the same trend clubs will get wise and stop loaning to us regardless of us bringing their players on. Last season was admittedly a bit different from the last 5 or so but the last however many before that were all similar , punching above our weight, surviving. , ducking and diving and riding our luck . We have been treading water whether you're prepared to accept this or not is your choice but as we continue on there is only one place to go and thats to sink there is no future to swim as we stand

I don't disagree with previous season's under Moyes because their was always a limit to where he could take us but I don't see that with Martinez. You can't just simply put last season's achievements down as luck, that's a completely ridiculous comment to make. Whether you're want to admit it or not, last season was a big step forward and whilst it's frustrating to not have anything to really show for it, if we can either repeat that level of performance or possibly better it this year it would another step forward, again regardless of whether we win any trophies. That will be difficult but we have plenty of time yet to make signings.

As much as I dislike Kenwright, I'd rather have him at the helm than some foreign billionaire who would sell the club's soul and spend all the money it takes just to win some silverware. Personally I don't think I would even be that interested in supporting Everton any more if that's what it came down to.

And I'll tell you what I took exception to... That's twice now you have posted really aggressively after me because of my opinion, I let the first one go but I'll tell you something for fact. I checked your bio out last night and noticed you had started "supporting us properly" since 2012. Now don't get me wrong here I'm absolutely delighted you support us, we desperately need a global support network t's something I strongly believe in so I'm not knocking that but I've been watching Everton for a long time. I remember my Dad taking me to my first game, I was in the main stand we drew 1-1 with Birmingham and Eamon O Keefe scored a 20 yard equaliser, I followed Everton all through the 80s, was lucky enough to see us lift the trophy in Rotterdam, was in the old Park End (that was the away end back then) when we paraded the Cannon league at Goodison against Luton, I could go on all day about that era. I followed us he and away all through the dark ages of the 90s, went everywhere, ran on the pitch in floods of tears at the Wimbledon game. These days I'm a lot older, but I still have a season ticket and so does my 7 year old, my 5 year old and my nephew (all of which I pay for) included in that the near on £200 I've just spent on 2 kits for my sons (I'll do the same when the away and 3rd kit come out) and I'll continue to do so until my boys are old enough to go themselves, so don't you fucking dare have the brass balls to insinuate that I have no right to voice an opinion. If you don't like it hot the fucking ignore button so you don 't have to read it but whether you like it or not, I have one and I have the right to express it.

Apologies for the aggression but it's only given back as you gave it out.

Oh god. I see the humour has died again. Must be the transfer nerves taking effect.

Trust me, I ain't reeling anyone in. It's all good, light hearted fun.

Paddock...just to clear it up before it goes into overdrive - the bit I took exception to is all this 'shitty records, mean fuck all, I want more...' stuff. Trust me, everybody on this forum, every evertonian...in fact, every fan of any club 'wants more'. But it's easier to support Everton if you accept the reality. Bit of dejavu going on here.

Ok Newty, point taken maybe I was a tad overzealous with the comment but the point I was making was breaking records is all well and good but pointless if it doesn't get you anywhere. Bit like the commentator on grandstand announcing the results of a downhill slalom... kruger of Germany first, Wesser of Switzerland second and Bonetti of Italy third. Smith Englands top seed finished 7th but it was a new personal best!!!! So what. I'd sooner of not broken our points total and qualified for cl so we can claim all the records we want it's not moved us forward. We're in the business of results not breaking personal bests mate that's all I was saying.

And I'll tell you what I took exception to... That's twice now you have posted really aggressively after me because of my opinion, I let the first one go but I'll tell you something for fact. I checked your bio out last night and noticed you had started "supporting us properly" since 2012. Now don't get me wrong here I'm absolutely delighted you support us, we desperately need a global support network t's something I strongly believe in so I'm not knocking that but I've been watching Everton for a long time. I remember my Dad taking me to my first game, I was in the main stand we drew 1-1 with Birmingham and Eamon O Keefe scored a 20 yard equaliser, I followed Everton all through the 80s, was lucky enough to see us lift the trophy in Rotterdam, was in the old Park End (that was the away end back then) when we paraded the Cannon league at Goodison against Luton, I could go on all day about that era. I followed us he and away all through the dark ages of the 90s, went everywhere, ran on the pitch in floods of tears at the Wimbledon game. These days I'm a lot older, but I still have a season ticket and so does my 7 year old, my 5 year old and my nephew (all of which I pay for) included in that the near on £200 I've just spent on 2 kits for my sons (I'll do the same when the away and 3rd kit come out) and I'll continue to do so until my boys are old enough to go themselves, so don't you fucking dare have the brass balls to insinuate that I have no right to voice an opinion. If you don't like it hot the fucking ignore button so you don 't have to read it but whether you like it or not, I have one and I have the right to express it.

Apologies for the aggression but it's only given back as you gave it out.

Cheers loudly and throws beer into the air....

About time this was said!!

Doesn't the TV money get paid in August?

Maybe that's the hold up.

There should be money from January. That was the whole point of doing pretty no business then wasn't it?

By the end of this transfer window we're going to see if it was a crock of shit that we'd have a substantial amount to spend this window.

I don't disagree with previous season's under Moyes because their was always a limit to where he could take us but I don't see that with Martinez. You can't just simply put last season's achievements down as luck, that's a completely ridiculous comment to make. Whether you're want to admit it or not, last season was a big step forward and whilst it's frustrating to not have anything to really show for it, if we can either repeat that level of performance or possibly better it this year it would another step forward, again regardless of whether we win any trophies. That will be difficult but we have plenty of time yet to make signings.

As much as I dislike Kenwright, I'd rather have him at the helm than some foreign billionaire who would sell the club's soul and spend all the money it takes just to win some silverware. Personally I don't think I would even be that interested in supporting Everton any more if that's what it came down to.

Really? You wouldn't be interested in supporting us if we were bought out like City and started to become a football superpower? I thought that's what every fan dreamed of, seeing their club at the pinnacle of success. Sure it would be nice to be able to do it like we did in 85 on hard work and merit but in the modern game, we wont achieve regular continued success until we are bought out by a sugar daddy.

Each to their own like but I know where I would rather us be.

Cheers loudly and throws beer into the air....

About time this was said!!

I was going to bang on about him saying we were coming off one of the best seasons in our history? I'm hoping he'll go back and look at our honours and rethink that sentence. He wants to try spending the last of his money on a coach and match ticket to go to the old Dell and get snowed, rained, hailed and howling wind on and watch us get beat 4-0 then travel home soaked because there was no roof on the away end at The Dell. Now that's something to bitch about ;)

I wouldn't be able to completely remove myself from Everton but it's a fake success. It's bad enough the amount of money these players get paid and the lack of interest/effort they show at their relevant clubs. Take Yaya and his comments at the end of last season for example. You pay a guy 250k a week and he kicks up a fuss because the owner doesn't say happy birthday. Look at the managers both clubs have been through (Chelsea and city) since their takeover. That isn't Everton for me and if we turned out like them it wouldn't be the club that I have grown up with.

Very much agree with this.

Fair play to you mate, I would see it as payback for all the years of heartache and disappointment coupled with unconditional love from me.

I want to see us rule the world. We were robbed of the opportunity once due to a ridiculous knee jerk ban from UEFA we deserve another go!

Ok Newty, point taken maybe I was a tad overzealous with the comment but the point I was making was breaking records is all well and good but pointless if it doesn't get you anywhere. Bit like the commentator on grandstand announcing the results of a downhill slalom... kruger of Germany first, Wesser of Switzerland second and Bonetti of Italy third. Smith Englands top seed finished 7th but it was a new personal best!!!! So what. I'd sooner of not broken our points total and qualified for cl so we can claim all the records we want it's not moved us forward. We're in the business of results not breaking personal bests mate that's all I was saying.

Fair play...although...results, personal bests...same thing? Or, at least, you can't have one without the other? I get where your coming from though, for sure. Overzealous is a great way to put it. Nice one.

Any new transfer news today? Where's Dunc and his links? (Brill work with them links btw Dunc...saves me a lot of time on Google searches!)

You're completely missing the point though Newty.

Being where we are is at times more frustrating than sitting anywhere else in the table. Being a touching distance away from success year in year out.

Am I? You sure?

Take the bold bit for example. So you'd find it less frustrating just about avoiding relegation every year?! Like we did all through the 90's. I Find that a bit strange.