IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

I wouldn't be able to completely remove myself from Everton but it's a fake success. It's bad enough the amount of money these players get paid and the lack of interest/effort they show at their relevant clubs. Take Yaya and his comments at the end of last season for example. You pay a guy 250k a week and he kicks up a fuss because the owner doesn't say happy birthday. Look at the managers both clubs have been through (Chelsea and city) since their takeover. That isn't Everton for me and if we turned out like them it wouldn't be the club that I have grown up with.

Absolutely. Know what you mean there.

Fair play to you mate, I would see it as payback for all the years of heartache and disappointment coupled with unconditional love from me.

I want to see us rule the world. We were robbed of the opportunity once due to a ridiculous knee jerk ban from UEFA we deserve another go!

But as you've said you were lucky enough to be around (like me) in the eighties so it could be argued that we've already had more than our fair share of success compared to the average football fan, who'll never experience what we did in those years.

Just Devil's advocate that and a bit unfair on those among us under thirty five ish. Completely agree with the second line; though I'd much rather do it Atletico Madrid style than City style; would be infinitely more satisfying.

But as you've said you were lucky enough to be around (like me) in the eighties so it could be argued that we've already had more than our fair share of success compared to the average football fan, who'll never experience what we did in those years.

Just Devil's advocate that and a bit unfair on those among us under thirty five ish. Completely agree with the second line; though I'd much rather do it Atletico Madrid style than City style; would be infinitely more satisfying.

To be honest with you Mike, it's more for my 7 year old than me. I'm at the stage in life where I can understand why things are the way they are. He can't. My 5 year old isn't that arsed and I'm starting to think he's gonna have the better life of the two. My oldest is exactly like me, he eats sleeps and breaths Everton. Every morning he wakes up and the first words out of his mouth are "Dad have we signed Lukaku yet?" He constantly asks why Man City, Chelsea etc are boss and I try and explain to him but he can't understand why no one will buy us (at 7 I don't xpect or want him to) and I see the disappointment in his face, but it's over ridden by his passion and drive and love of Everton. He wills them to win, to buy the best players but no matter how much he wants it it doesn't happen.

Maybe it's because I lived through the 80s that I have set the bar so high but I want him to see what I saw, to see us the best team in the world again and if that means selling to someone like a sheik or oil baron then so be it because doing an Athletico is not gonna happen mate. If we get even close they'll blow us out the water buying anything and everything to stop us.

To be honest with you Mike, it's more for my 7 year old than me. I'm at the stage in life where I can understand why things are the way they are. He can't. My 5 year old isn't that arsed and I'm starting to think he's gonna have the better life of the two. My oldest is exactly like me, he eats sleeps and breaths Everton. Every morning he wakes up and the first words out of his mouth are "Dad have we signed Lukaku yet?" He constantly asks why Man City, Chelsea etc are boss and I try and explain to him but he can't understand why no one will buy us (at 7 I don't xpect or want him to) and I see the disappointment in his face, but it's over ridden by his passion and drive and love of Everton. He wills them to win, to buy the best players but no matter how much he wants it it doesn't happen.

Love that post. I've got two boys an all, eldest can't get enough & youngest can't be arsed. (Mind you his first game at goodison aged 4 we lost 0-3 to fucking Pompey & the Yac missed a pen so kind of get why.) Can't replicate the passion me & the eldest share while watching Everton with anything else though.

And I'll tell you what I took exception to... That's twice now you have posted really aggressively after me because of my opinion, I let the first one go but I'll tell you something for fact. I checked your bio out last night and noticed you had started "supporting us properly" since 2012. Now don't get me wrong here I'm absolutely delighted you support us, we desperately need a global support network t's something I strongly believe in so I'm not knocking that but I've been watching Everton for a long time. I remember my Dad taking me to my first game, I was in the main stand we drew 1-1 with Birmingham and Eamon O Keefe scored a 20 yard equaliser, I followed Everton all through the 80s, was lucky enough to see us lift the trophy in Rotterdam, was in the old Park End (that was the away end back then) when we paraded the Cannon league at Goodison against Luton, I could go on all day about that era. I followed us he and away all through the dark ages of the 90s, went everywhere, ran on the pitch in floods of tears at the Wimbledon game. These days I'm a lot older, but I still have a season ticket and so does my 7 year old, my 5 year old and my nephew (all of which I pay for) included in that the near on £200 I've just spent on 2 kits for my sons (I'll do the same when the away and 3rd kit come out) and I'll continue to do so until my boys are old enough to go themselves, so don't you fucking dare have the brass balls to insinuate that I have no right to voice an opinion. If you don't like it hot the fucking ignore button so you don 't have to read it but whether you like it or not, I have one and I have the right to express it.

Passion is good, but beware that looks can be deceptive. Where were you when Everton played WBA in the 1968 FA Cup Final? (I saw it live - albeit on a B&W telly.) And I'm sure johnh will be here soon putting us all to shame. :)

Just because someone has followed the team for just one year while others have followed the team for many years shouldn't in any way devalue the former's worth as a supporter. Indeed, in some ways, maybe he deserves extra credit for changing teams.

Just because someone has followed the team for just one year while others have followed the team for many years shouldn't in any way devalue the former's worth as a supporter. Indeed, in some ways, maybe he deserves extra credit for changing teams.

I don't think that's what Paddock was doing or saying at all.

Passion is good, but beware that looks can be deceptive. Where were you when Everton played WBA in the 1968 FA Cup Final? (I saw it live - albeit on a B&W telly.) And I'm sure johnh will be here soon putting us all to shame. :)

I don't doubt for a single second there are others here who started watching Everton before I was born, and stating that wouldn't put me to shame just the same as me not putting someone born in the 90s to shame. I don't take exception to anyone having a different opinion or disagreeing with me I do take offence to someone jumping in really aggressively accusing me of being an idiot or stupid (i think the first comment was a 5 year old) when they know fuck all about me and fuck all about what it 's like to support this club!

Anyway I don't want to turn this into a drama, I've said my piece and I would prefer to leave it at that.

And I'll tell you what I took exception to... That's twice now you have posted really aggressively after me because of my opinion, I let the first one go but I'll tell you something for fact. I checked your bio out last night and noticed you had started "supporting us properly" since 2012. Now don't get me wrong here I'm absolutely delighted you support us, we desperately need a global support network t's something I strongly believe in so I'm not knocking that but I've been watching Everton for a long time. I remember my Dad taking me to my first game, I was in the main stand we drew 1-1 with Birmingham and Eamon O Keefe scored a 20 yard equaliser, I followed Everton all through the 80s, was lucky enough to see us lift the trophy in Rotterdam, was in the old Park End (that was the away end back then) when we paraded the Cannon league at Goodison against Luton, I could go on all day about that era. I followed us he and away all through the dark ages of the 90s, went everywhere, ran on the pitch in floods of tears at the Wimbledon game. These days I'm a lot older, but I still have a season ticket and so does my 7 year old, my 5 year old and my nephew (all of which I pay for) included in that the near on £200 I've just spent on 2 kits for my sons (I'll do the same when the away and 3rd kit come out) and I'll continue to do so until my boys are old enough to go themselves, so don't you fucking dare have the brass balls to insinuate that I have no right to voice an opinion. If you don't like it hot the fucking ignore button so you don 't have to read it but whether you like it or not, I have one and I have the right to express it.

Apologies for the aggression but it's only given back as you gave it out.

When did I say you have no right to voice an opinion? What I said was that your opinions, which seem to almost exclusively be cynical and negative, are off-putting. Now, you or anyone else are perfectly free to call Roberto Martinez the next Hitler and tell Distin you hope he gets hit by a train. Nobody is trying to stop you. All I'm saying is that Everton had it's best season in well over a decade and currently own the best young CAM and CB in English Football as well as the fastest rising managers in the world, and if, in that kind of situation, 95% of one's thoughts tilt towards the negative side then it says less about the state of Everton and more about someone's miserable attitude towards anything and everything. Nobody is "satisfied" with a 5th place finish. But some of us realize that Everton were never going to jump from 7th-8th place finishes directly into the Champions' League Final. Progress is a good thing, even if it isn't the goal itself.

When did I say you have no right to voice an opinion? What I said was that your opinions, which seem to almost exclusively be cynical and negative, are off-putting. Now, you or anyone else are perfectly free to call Roberto Martinez the next Hitler and tell Distin you hope he gets hit by a train. Nobody is trying to stop you. All I'm saying is that Everton had it's best season in well over a decade and currently own the best young CAM and CB in English Football as well as the fastest rising managers in the world, and if, in that kind of situation, 95% of one's thoughts tilt towards the negative side then it says less about the state of Everton and more about someone's miserable attitude towards anything and everything. Nobody is "satisfied" with a 5th place finish. But some of us realize that Everton were never going to jump from 7th-8th place finishes directly into the Champions' League Final. Progress is a good thing, even if it isn't the goal itself.

What you don't get is we've been "progressing" for 13 years

And how is that so? Last season Everton earned 72 points. They hadn't surpassed since 1988. Last season Everton had 21 wins. They previously hadn't reached 20 wins since 1987, when it was a 42-game season. Maybe PRIOR to Martinez there was stagnation, but I don't see what relevance that has now. How anyone could look at what happened last season and determine that it's status quo is mind boggling.

What you're missing here is this progression has been going on for ten years now, yes TEN years and we 'te still no further on than we were when we said we has started progression alll those years ago. That is why I said we were treading water. If you think thats negative then that's your call but I call it realism. One thing you need to learn mate if you're gonna follow us for another 40 years is to get real. Lets not polish a piece of shit and call it wood eh. A spade is a spade. We've been in this situation (5th to 7th) for over ten years. If you see that as progress, I seriously doubt you have the hang of it.

All that you list is irrelevant..., it's league position and cup won that matters. In terms of last season we broke a few records but ended up in a similar position. Martinez has yet to trump Moyes on the things that matter. I think martinez may break the glass Moyes couldn't but to base progression on larger points taken doesn't sit up. That could be based on a number of things.

And how is that so? Last season Everton earned 72 points. They hadn't surpassed since 1988. Last season Everton had 21 wins. They previously hadn't reached 20 wins since 1987, when it was a 42-game season. Maybe PRIOR to Martinez there was stagnation, but I don't see what relevance that has now. How anyone could look at what happened last season and determine that it's status quo is mind boggling.

It's one season. Lets see in 5 years if we 're any different eh because I guarantee you under this board we wont. It wont matter if we have our lord managing us, we can't go forward because we don't have the financial clout to allow it

All that you list is irrelevant..., it's league position and cup won that matters. In terms of last season we broke a few records but ended up in a similar position. Martinez has yet to trump Moyes on the things that matter. I think martinez may break the glass Moyes couldn't but to base progression on larger points taken doesn't sit up. That could be based on a number of things.

Exactly.

This logic makes no sense. So if Arsenal had fucked up the final three games of the season then it would mean Everton or Martinez did a better job? How does that make sense? How does evaluating Everton on things largely out of Everton's control make sense? In any other season, this team would be in the CL. They got unlucky. Shit happens. Like I said, this doesn't mean we should be SATISFIED with where we are, but the implication that this group is no different from what's been thrown in front of us the past 10 years is ridiculous.

This logic makes no sense. So if Arsenal had fucked up the final three games of the season then it would mean Everton or Martinez did a better job? How does that make sense? How does evaluating Everton on things largely out of Everton's control make sense? In any other season, this team would be in the CL. They got unlucky. Shit happens. Like I said, this doesn't mean we should be SATISFIED with where we are, but the implication that this group is no different from what's been thrown in front of us the past 10 years is ridiculous.

No, we could have got knocked out in the qualifiers and finished. 7th next season. It 's happened before you know :/

Martinez has Moyes team has brought a breagh of fresh air in and freshened things up. Lets just see where we go from here before we start hailing the messiah

What you're missing here is this progression has been going on for ten years now, yes TEN years and we 'te still no further on than we were when we said we has started progression alll those years ago. That is why I said we were treading water. If you think thats negative then that's your call but I call it realism. One thing you need to learn mate if you're gonna follow us for another 40 years is to get real. Lets not polish a piece of shit and call it wood eh. A spade is a spade. We've been in this situation (5th to 7th) for over ten years. If you see that as progress, I seriously doubt you have the hang of it.

Oh crikey don't say that!!!

Dont try and bring logic into! Lets just ignore the one thing that is directly comparable season after season. Maybe next year we will lose more games and win less but as long as the other teams fuck up as well and we still finish 4th it will be progression! :)

Hey...We've signed Sam Byrne from Utd! Why didn't anyone rave about this? He's from Utd....must be good...be worth 30 mill next year.

Who is he by the way? What position? Can he play up front? That's all that matters. If he can, he ticks all the boxes.

Oh crikey don't say that!!!

You know what , first time I ever read this board there was a thread. ( can 't remember which one) where someone said that and was called a racist . It was clearly tongue in cheek like but when I wrote it that thread crossed my mind !! : lol: