IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

I honestly think we need 6/7 players. Especially to compete in both Europa and continue to push on in the league. I would like us to sign, a new CB, 2 CM, 2 ST, 1 Winger, 1 AMC.

I think Gerry and Lacina will come back on loan.

Barry wont sign (shame).

Lukaku all depends on price and this will effect our transfers greatly.

I would like to sign, Delph (Villa) about 6m - Good engine, box to box, technically good, 24.

Diego (Wolfsberg) Out of Contract - Excellent playmaker, set piece expert, technically quality, would be ideal for Europa and when Ross needs a rest.

Josh Guilavogui (Aletico Madrid - loan at St Ettiene) - Defensive Mid, strong and powerful, good on the ball and young to progress. (similar to Fernando)

Not too sure on wingers or strikers who I would have. I personally would like to see Lukaku back as he is only going to get better, Bony will be a similar price and Remy will go where the money is (not us). Wingers i dont really follow too much but I think we really need cover here especially with Mirallas injuries, Pienaar getting on and Naismith proving he not a wide man. I think we need another centre half as I am not convinced Alcaraz can come in and perfomr every one or two games, seems to be a player who needs a run of games to get upto a good level (like heitenga). I reckon we could try and go youthful but we have browning coming through who can player there, I like Caulker but his fee might be high and I would love Vermalen but thats a long shot.

I honestly think we need 6/7 players. Especially to compete in both Europa and continue to push on in the league. I would like us to sign, a new CB, 2 CM, 2 ST, 1 Winger, 1 AMC.

I think Gerry and Lacina will come back on loan.

Barry wont sign (shame).

Lukaku all depends on price and this will effect our transfers greatly.

I would like to sign, Delph (Villa) about 6m - Good engine, box to box, technically good, 24.

Diego (Wolfsberg) Out of Contract - Excellent playmaker, set piece expert, technically quality, would be ideal for Europa and when Ross needs a rest.

Josh Guilavogui (Aletico Madrid - loan at St Ettiene) - Defensive Mid, strong and powerful, good on the ball and young to progress. (similar to Fernando)

Not too sure on wingers or strikers who I would have. I personally would like to see Lukaku back as he is only going to get better, Bony will be a similar price and Remy will go where the money is (not us). Wingers i dont really follow too much but I think we really need cover here especially with Mirallas injuries, Pienaar getting on and Naismith proving he not a wide man. I think we need another centre half as I am not convinced Alcaraz can come in and perfomr every one or two games, seems to be a player who needs a run of games to get upto a good level (like heitenga). I reckon we could try and go youthful but we have browning coming through who can player there, I like Caulker but his fee might be high and I would love Vermalen but thats a long shot.

I can't disagree with much of that. Like your choices.

Can I just ask...All you guys who are able to name these players from different leagues in different countries, how do you actually get to 'know' them? Do yous watch endless amounts of games...Premiership, Serie A, Bundeslege (?), La Liga...and the rest!!!

That's genuine by the way!!!

I can only answer from a personal POV Newty and to summarise:

Im skint (most of the time)

Im a sad git (all the time)

Im obsessed with football (as a sport)

With all those in mind, i spend longer than is healthy watching games and players from league most people haven't heard of.

Genuinely, if you do some research for academy prospects and new talents, you'll know what league or team they're in and generally revert back to their games to check how they progress, years down the line.

Most are at some point linked with Everton as well, so being a bit sad, i will keep an eye on them and see what "could have been".

Some people like refurbing houses. Some people like gardening. Some people like restoring old cars... And all with the same reward. Seeing something grow/develop into something awesome.

I get a buzz (as most have noticed) of highlighting young players years before the general public have even heard of them. I like it, not sure why.

So back to your question, from my own perspective, im just a bit interested in football.

Can I just ask...All you guys who are able to name these players from different leagues in different countries, how do you actually get to 'know' them? Do yous watch endless amounts of games...Premiership, Serie A, Bundeslege (?), La Liga...and the rest!!!

Impresses the hell out of me...99% of the overseas players discussed on here I'm totally oblivious to :unsure:.

I get on fifa :fishing: .

I'm not much of a watcher of other leagues besides the BPL and the MLS but many of my friends are and they will sometimes refer a player to me that I should keep an eye on. I then usually do that

If theres nothing else to watch, or if the wife is making me wait for her, then I have football on. Second division Swiss league, La Liga, Budesliga, Ligue 2... Doesnt matter, I love football and will put it on whenever I get the chance.

I confess, there are times where FM2014 has helped identify a name, then I look them up and follow them through highlights if not full games. Younes Belhanda being an example of that.

Diego would be class but can't see him joining he will go to A.Madrid permanently

Nobody want to pay the €9M in wages he currently earns! He's Brazil bound, where a club like Santos can afford that. In Europe he's not THAT good to earn silly money. What an absurd contract Wolfsbourg offered him back at the time. Atlético Madrid took him for free (just pay his wages) to help them win titles, but he's not a starter and not even Diego Costa earns that in Atletico.

No way Everton sign him, obviously.

In my case, I'm Spanish (I know La Liga) + Premier League games as well + used to play Football Manager + recently broke my ankle. That's a lot of free time.

Furthermore the TV here has some excellent football shows highlighting the young players, pros and cons. I've got to a point where I could watch and track players in the different leagues, no matter if it was Serie A, Bundesliga, Premier League...

Impresses the hell out of me...99% of the overseas players discussed on here I'm totally oblivious to :unsure:.

Me too. I feel I have lost touch with the game when I read some input on here!!!

Some top answers there guys. Thanks. I guess your just footy fanatics. I personally don't have the time to watch that much, but then again maybe I don't explore the sky channels enough???

As for things like Football Manager...I used to love that game. Haven't played it for a couple of years. But maybe about 5-8 year ago when I was at the peak of my addiction, I used to know loads of players. 9/10, it was bang on right with which players were good and 'young stars'. So much research goes into those stats, it's a massive international effort.

But now...I'm lost. I blame social media for stealing my time!!!

12:30 pm

Greg O’Keeffe

Paul Daly: Hi Greg. Reports suggest we're set to blow our 'entire budget' on Lukaku at £20m. Surely we have more money that that?

It's always a very fluid thing trying to nail down Everton's transfer budget. Few clubs - despite what you read in the tabloids - actually acknowledge what they have to spend. Why would they? It simply gives selling clubs an upperhand.

I believe Everton have a sizeable budget this summer, with a hefty sum left over from the Fellaini deal - as was admitted by Martinez then. There will be added funds, although how much we don't know, from the new TV deal and PL finish too.

Obviously some of that is instantly absorbed into the club to pay off debts and pay for other things. But there will be money there - just don't expect Martinez or anyone else to be specific about it.

My two cents:

Saul Ñiguez - Yes

Rafinha - Not available (he will be back, Barça's next coach is Luis Enrique, Celta's current coach...where Rafinha is loaned)

Baptistao - Not good enough for relegated Real Betis. Thanks, but no thanks.

Carles Gil - Psché :S

Why is it that I am getting a nagging feeling that we are going to go into next season with no real big signing of the summer but a load of loans again with the tv money only coming into fruition when mentioning the ground move.

If er are linked with enough people if will keep everyone quiet and in anticipation of a big transfer, never to happen.

I am liking the looks of some of these youngsters we are being linked with (although they are probably wide of the mark).

I hope the loan deals start adding options to purchase.

Some good frees there and for once I think we might actually take advantage of that market, Moyes seemed to always wait to long (or be very careful) when signing which meant we missed out on the free players, Martinez seems to have a plan and if the frees are part of it, he will be ready as soon as the window opens.

The way we are going we will not be able to start any two consecutive games with the same starting line up cause someone will be omitted somewhere for playing against there club.

Yeah.....that happened all of twice this season.....every chance it'll happen every fortnight next year :rolleyes:.

I really couldn't care less about loans as long as they are of good quality.

Personally I think we need to resign the 3 main loanees Deulofeu, Lukaku and Barry.obviously Lukaku and Barry becoming permanent and adding a couple of other permanents and loanees if we need to.

Obviously a main striker is our main aim. Naismith,Kone,Naisy and one other. I think we have good competition amongst the squad in other areas depending on the barry and Gerry situation. I think we need a number 10 to rotate with Barkley aswell. I can see us spending our money on Firminiho,Cleverley/milner a striker and hopefully the centre back Martins Indi. I expect the rest to be free transfers or loans. I back Roberto with the loan system. there are so many good players that could improve us with little risk.