IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

I think I've said it before, but I'd quite happily take all of those lads off City.... No problem.

You would hope that (for the most part) they would come hungry and with a point to prove having not played all that regularly, and also at a reasonable price if City need to seek to stay within FFP rules.

Bony... Still not hugely sold on, but having said that I know loads of you lads are not that keen on Lukaku coming back (which would be my choice btw).

I think the squad itself will certainly be bigger next season anyway, due to the young lads coming back from loan spells and a few other possibly making the transition to legitimate squad members. Add that to the 3 lads who will make their way back after long term injury and we're not in dire need of a huge overhaul and could probably afford to put a lot in for our 1 marquee signing/ 2-4 good quality signings.

Guest blueboy122

I think we will be getting the deals done throughout the summer to be honest. As Martinez has said we have identified our targets so I don't think it will be a case of scrapping the barrel in the final few minutes.

I have every confidence in Martinez and have no doubt he will get the right players at the right time.

When does preseason start by the way? Is it during the world cup or after?

Looking at the squad we seem to be more or less covered at the back other than 1 left sided CB. Personally I wouldnt touch Lescott because he just isnt comfortable on the ball and that is important to us. He will still be on high wages too and I think we should be looking more to the future rather than another stop gap as we have done that with Alcaraz. I think Browning is predominantly a CB and whilst he plays RB too, I think his future will be through the middle.

Im hoping Barry will sign on again because he has been great this year and we could do with that experience at the club. He is worth the wages IMO and whilst he will need to be replaced in a couple of years too we really do need bodies in this area of the field. As far as starters go I think you can only rely on Mirallas, Barkley and McCarthy leaving one central berth and one wide position that need to be filled. Barry will at least be able to play the majority of next season if he stays but both Pienaar and Osman will more than likley have their playing hours reduced. Colback or Milner would be a great signing for the middle of the park next to McCarthy at a relatively modest fee and Cleverly would be good back up for the wide left or central attacking position. Im sure there are also many more better foreign options but I dont know them. I do think that any of those players would turn out to be a great addition. I'd also add Ki from Swansea too if he is allowed to leave. I like Pable Hernandez for the attacking role and he may not be as difficult to attract as he would have been last season. You would also have Ledson in the wings too who is another I think would compliment McCarthy.

As far as more attacking players go I dont know where we go. Hopefully Gerry will come back, he was a little disappointing in the end last season but there was a lot of promise there too. If so that gives us several wide options and we should be ok. Up front is a different story. Im confident in Kone stepping up providing he is fully fit from his injury and Naismith does his job up there too. We do need a 'star' striker and someone who can truly lead the line week in week out and whilst I would have Lukaku back at the right price I dont think it will happen and I dont know of anyone who could do that job at a better price.

Do you guys see Ledson ready to contribute next season?

Each time I think about it, I convince myself a bit more: I would love James Milner in this team. He can play anywhere in the five midfield positions (CM, RM-LM, AMC), he's experienced and he adds a lot of squad depth as he can play in many positions.

Looking at the squad we seem to be more or less covered at the back other than 1 left sided CB. Personally I wouldnt touch Lescott because he just isnt comfortable on the ball and that is important to us. He will still be on high wages too and I think we should be looking more to the future rather than another stop gap as we have done that with Alcaraz. I think Browning is predominantly a CB and whilst he plays RB too, I think his future will be through the middle.

Im hoping Barry will sign on again because he has been great this year and we could do with that experience at the club. He is worth the wages IMO and whilst he will need to be replaced in a couple of years too we really do need bodies in this area of the field. As far as starters go I think you can only rely on Mirallas, Barkley and McCarthy leaving one central berth and one wide position that need to be filled. Barry will at least be able to play the majority of next season if he stays but both Pienaar and Osman will more than likley have their playing hours reduced. Colback or Milner would be a great signing for the middle of the park next to McCarthy at a relatively modest fee and Cleverly would be good back up for the wide left or central attacking position. Im sure there are also many more better foreign options but I dont know them. I do think that any of those players would turn out to be a great addition. I'd also add Ki from Swansea too if he is allowed to leave. I like Pable Hernandez for the attacking role and he may not be as difficult to attract as he would have been last season. You would also have Ledson in the wings too who is another I think would compliment McCarthy.

As far as more attacking players go I dont know where we go. Hopefully Gerry will come back, he was a little disappointing in the end last season but there was a lot of promise there too. If so that gives us several wide options and we should be ok. Up front is a different story. Im confident in Kone stepping up providing he is fully fit from his injury and Naismith does his job up there too. We do need a 'star' striker and someone who can truly lead the line week in week out and whilst I would have Lukaku back at the right price I dont think it will happen and I dont know of anyone who could do that job at a better price.

I would say Lescott is far more comfortable on the ball than either of our first choice CB's however i do agree that we should be looking to the future. I think we are strong enough at CB anyway and we have other areas that are in more need of strengthening .

We are desperate for a CF because Naismith and Kone are just not good enough to get us challenging off the top 4

Now Gerry has gone we could probably do with another winger.

The longer it goes on with no news the more I think Barry is going elsewhere so we need to bring in a quality CB

If Hibbert leaves you can also add a RB to the list

Would love to see browning, garbutt, ledson, and Mcaleny getting some time this next season.

More excited about Green than any of those. From everything I've seen he looks the real deal. Absolute cracker of a left peg.

Martinez says he's a couple of seasons away from first team so we'll have to wait

Thing is...and this is the Evertonion mindset...Every decent player we are linked to, because they are decent, are linked to another club...so we say 'no chance, they'll go to whoever...'!

That's how we have to be isn't it? Hope but don't get too excited.

That's why I prefer to just sit back and ignore all speculation and just wait. There's always a surprise. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

I would say Lescott is far more comfortable on the ball than either of our first choice CB's however i do agree that we should be looking to the future. I think we are strong enough at CB anyway and we have other areas that are in more need of strengthening .

We are desperate for a CF because Naismith and Kone are just not good enough to get us challenging off the top 4

Now Gerry has gone we could probably do with another winger.

The longer it goes on with no news the more I think Barry is going elsewhere so we need to bring in a quality CB

If Hibbert leaves you can also add a RB to the list

I really disagree about Lescott. Whenever I have seen him play recently he has stood out like a sore thumb on the ball with his passing and his control. Whats worse is he panics on the ball if challenged (albeit so does Jags on occasions). I think Distin has adapted brilliantly this season and his passing his pretty impressive actually because he looks forward more than Jags who is probably the one that still leaves me a bit jumpy. Although I do agree that we should be fine for now, although we will have 2 players to replace in the coming seasons so if the right young player is available it wouldnt be the worst idea to bring him in.

Yeh with 4 comps next season, we definitely need at least one main striker and maybe another support striker wouldnt hurt either.

I think we should be ok at RB. We have Coleman as our main starter and Browning will probably learn his trade in that position. We also have 3 left backs and I am sure Bainesy would easily be able to adapt to that side if it comes to it.

I'd take Lescott and Barry... if they lower their wage demands. There are already four reliable CB, so I don't think Lescott is a priority. Barry would be useful for one more year if RM does not find another DM he likes in the market.

I would not spend on RB, I believe Oviedo and Stones could easily play RB if needed, that's not such a drama.

The weak positions in the starting XI are mainly in the forward line. Another CM if Barry is not lured, a striker and another winger.

I know someone else already suggested to lure Redmond away from Norwich, the few games I've seen him play I liked him.

On a side note, if RM hurries, he can try to get Morata (Real Madrid) on loan. He's an intriguing prospect, tall, quick, he lacks games although the few he's played he looked good. The lad already said he wants to be loaned next season and Real Sociedad are the only team trying to get him on loan. Considering the current situation, Everton can easily get him on loan, this way the club will have more time to buy a good striker and will not be forced to overpay in transfer negotiations. Plus I think he'd fit well, he's quite decent in the air but he's mostly quick and a striker that runs the channels.

It sounds promising. The whole 'need to convince them to join' bit sounds good.

But that could be the problem. Sounds like he's after top or well sought after talent....which is what we want. Hardest bit is 'selling' Everton to them as the correct career path.

Is it a general consensus that we don't have the funds for Barry? Or is it that he's likely to go elsewhere even if we did have the funds?

Either way, it would be a real shame to lose his midfield presence.

Maybe one of the most important players he wants to convince to come here is a Defensive Midfielder. If that's the case, he may feel it will be easier to convince him if there is a direct route into the team by not having Barry in that position.

I'm sure there is a very good reason, a I thought that Barry was a dead cert to sign. I'm probably reading to much into it!

Edited by markiediow

Guest blueboy122

I wouldn't want to see Lescott back at Everton to be honest, I think it could scupper Stones potential also.

I think we do need another CB but not Lescott.

What we really need is a striker and maybe a winger....

Haangaland from Fulham is on a free. Decent enough defender for back up and Europa League games etc.