IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Im gonna post my team/squad for what id like next season.

Howard/Robles

Colman/Browning Stones/Jags Milkman/birdman Baines/Garbutt/Oviedo

McCarthy/Rodwell(loan) Gibbo/Barry

Townsend/Ince Barkley/Naismith/firminio McGeady/Mirrallas

Kone/Traore/Ings and a other

Edited by Tricky Trev

I'm just a teeeny bit concerned by the lack of transfer activity pre-World cup.

We know we need at least 6-7 bodies, that's even before Sales and I can't help but wonder whether Martinez is holding out for the likes of Lukaku, 'just in case' we have an opportunity to spend on him.

Which is risky IMO.

What if Lukaku waits until after the WC to make a decision, when our other targeted player's stock have risen post tournament. What if our original targets wait for a go-ahead from Everton, but are kept waiting while our entire transfer activity hinges on one player's potential decision....which, lets face it, probably won't include Everton (He wants CL) and they get bought by someone else.

Are we hinging our Transfer Activity on one player? One I rate but it's an incredibly risky strategy, given the amount of players we need.

Personally, as much as I'd love Lukaku here permanently, I'd rather we bout 2/3 very good players for the 20/23 million that's been mumbled. I thought there may have been some activity by now, at least 1, if not 2...but that's looking less and less likely.

So do we think our targets all WC participants? Are they going to be younger lads who have just missed out on WC places?

This is the first year I can honestly say, I don't know what Rob's gonna do and ultimately, it scares me a little. So far, the only waves that have been made are regarding Lukaku's future...so are we pinning everything on his decision? Have we a plan B,C & D in place? And would they want to join if they knew this.

We made some coups last year, which whether people accept on not, hinged on the Fellaini deal. We paid an extortionate amount on a loan fee (£5m) if the papers are to be believed and we got lucky that all the guys we got in last minute, we freaking boss....but i'm still concerned.

This year will be the year that defines Roberto. Not last year. He was going to be given time whatever happens. But he's now going to be in a situation where the squad, could very much deplete, very rapidly. It'll be interesting to see how he handles potentially 3 games a week (Premier League, Europa and League Cup) in the first few months, how he utilises his squad and uses the youngsters to full affect. My other worry is that any player coming off the back of the WC may struggle with fatigue, potentially (and hopefully not) injury.

We will finish lower than 5th next year, I have no doubt about it. I just want Roberto to get it right in the market this summer and not put all his eggs in one basket, which I feel, worryingly, is what he's currently doing. This could be a year that proves even the most cynical Everton fans, that Roberto can do it over the long term and for the clubs sake, I hope he can prove them wrong.

We know we need at least 6-7 bodies, that's even before Sales and I can't help but wonder whether Martinez is holding out for the likes of Lukaku, 'just in case' we have an opportunity to spend on him.

Which is risky IMO.

What if Lukaku waits until after the WC to make a decision, when our other targeted player's stock have risen post tournament. What if our original targets wait for a go-ahead from Everton, but are kept waiting while our entire transfer activity hinges on one player's potential decision....which, lets face it, probably won't include Everton (He wants CL) and they get bought by someone else.

Are we hinging our Transfer Activity on one player? One I rate but it's an incredibly risky strategy, given the amount of players we need.

Personally, as much as I'd love Lukaku here permanently, I'd rather we bout 2/3 very good players for the 20/23 million that's been mumbled. I thought there may have been some activity by now, at least 1, if not 2...but that's looking less and less likely.

So do we think our targets all WC participants? Are they going to be younger lads who have just missed out on WC places?

This is the first year I can honestly say, I don't know what Rob's gonna do and ultimately, it scares me a little. So far, the only waves that have been made are regarding Lukaku's future...so are we pinning everything on his decision? Have we a plan B,C & D in place? And would they want to join if they knew this.

We made some coups last year, which whether people accept on not, hinged on the Fellaini deal. We paid an extortionate amount on a loan fee (£5m) if the papers are to be believed and we got lucky that all the guys we got in last minute, we freaking boss....but i'm still concerned.

This year will be the year that defines Roberto. Not last year. He was going to be given time whatever happens. But he's now going to be in a situation where the squad, could very much deplete, very rapidly. It'll be interesting to see how he handles potentially 3 games a week (Premier League, Europa and League Cup) in the first few months, how he utilises his squad and uses the youngsters to full affect. My other worry is that any player coming off the back of the WC may struggle with fatigue, potentially (and hopefully not) injury.

We will finish lower than 5th next year, I have no doubt about it. I just want Roberto to get it right in the market this summer and not put all his eggs in one basket, which I feel, worryingly, is what he's currently doing. This could be a year that proves even the most cynical Everton fans, that Roberto can do it over the long term and for the clubs sake, I hope he can prove them wrong.

I agree

I have been a tad worried about us needing to overhaul the squad in a World Cup year for a while now. As much as the loanees were a succes we are now starting to see th flip side of it

The squad is probably the weakest it has ever been in terms of numbers and Roberto is going to have to pull a few rabits out of the hat if we are going to spend big on a CF, be it Lukaku or whoever. Hopefully he has got it in hand though and we will soon start to see a flurry of activity!

Im not concerned. The WC doesnt help but Im sure the guys are working hard behind the scenes and plenty of players have been suggested by Roberto to Blue Bill.

Deals for important players can take time because they almost need to move in sync like a chain on a house. The Fellaini/McCarthy/Powell switch and the deal for Barry were all in place before the day they were announced (Fourth Official had confirmed them all). It wouldnt surprise me if we were waiting on Lukaku or someone else very high profile at the moment. If they say no, it could trigger a series of smaller deals that have already been lined in the background.

I dont like the waiting game as I would prefer to have the players in early but as long as they are ready for preseason then I guess it doesnt really matter too much anyway.

Not too worried because if Barkley has a world cup I hope he is going too, that alone could attract better players to the club, so it maybe an advantage waiting.

I'm sure most of our signings will not even be playing in the World Cup so getting them while the tournament is running may mean less attention from competitors for his signature.

Which is risky IMO.

I don't think we will finish lower than fifth. I would rather us get players in first but we have to live in the real world. Players might be ready to come and Roberto has them lined up but they know if they have a good world cup they could get more dough elsewhere

I don't think we will finish lower than fifth. I would rather us get players in first but we have to live in the real world. Players might be ready to come and Roberto has them lined up but they know if they have a good world cup they could get more dough elsewhere

I hope your right, I will be over the noon if Roberto can clinch 5th again next season but I think it will be a tall order

Next season is going to be much harder. Man Utd WILL be stronger. Spurs will be pushing under Pochettino. What makes you so convinced we'll be fifth?

We need to bring Lukaku in, Barry hopefully (banega if not) and other quality players. It's a bigger schedule with Europa league.

Until I see the type of players added to this squad 5th isn't granted for me.

Next season is going to be much harder. Man Utd WILL be stronger. Spurs will be pushing under Pochettino. What makes you so convinced we'll be fifth?

We need to bring Lukaku in, Barry hopefully (banega if not) and other quality players. It's a bigger schedule with Europa league.

Until I see the type of players added to this squad 5th isn't granted for me.

Got to agree. The squad as it stands this morning would do well to finish in the top 10 but it's still only June and I'm sure Roberto will have something up his sleeve

The main issue is obviously a cf because at the nomen I just can't see where the goals are going to come from

Got to agree. The squad as it stands this morning would do well to finish in the top 10 but it's still only June and I'm sure Roberto will have something up his sleeve

The main issue is obviously a cf because at the nomen I just can't see where the goals are going to come from

Do you mean with europa, the exsisting team would struggle for top ten or just the premierships games?

I still think that with the sides in the premiership if we were to buy no-one we would still be top eight side. Just think that if we were to buy three worldy's and two squad players we would target top four again whilst going for Europa.

Boney agent stated yesterday that he woukdnt be going to newcastle cause he is a top six player. That set alarm bells ringing ad they always say champions league player. Plus he quoted him as a 20 mil pound player, which is the same as luaku. Near enough same type if player and Bobby's connections. At 4/1 I can see him at goodison next year. Would be happy with this acquisition.

Do you mean with europa, the exsisting team would struggle for top ten or just the premierships games?

I still think that with the sides in the premiership if we were to buy no-one we would still be top eight side. Just think that if we were to buy three worldy's and two squad players we would target top four again whilst going for Europa.

Boney agent stated yesterday that he woukdnt be going to newcastle cause he is a top six player. That set alarm bells ringing ad they always say champions league player. Plus he quoted him as a 20 mil pound player, which is the same as luaku. Near enough same type if player and Bobby's connections. At 4/1 I can see him at goodison next year. Would be happy with this acquisition.

No I'm not even taking Europa League into account. Now the loan players have gone back the squad is too threadbare to handle the Premiership and as I said with only Kobe and Naismith I just can't see where the goals are going to come from

IMO we need to bring in at least 6-8 players

No I'm not even taking Europa League into account. Now the loan players have gone back the squad is too threadbare to handle the Premiership and as I said with only Kobe and Naismith I just can't see where the goals are going to come from

IMO we need to bring in at least 6-8 players

That's three then if you include kone :-)

We need at least 3 top quality additions... Plus another 3 decent bods.

If we fail to add the quality we will not finish 5th next season.

Man Utd will certainly be stronger. It's called world class proven manager and a board that knows it needs to spend heavily.

Edited by MiguelCotto

What makes me convinced is the team and squad we have already. Same every year Spurs will be pushing BLAH BLAH. United will be stronger? why? New manager and massive upheavel needed. Arsenal? Are we not getting closer to them? The shite? Same rules apply if your talking about more games this season. As for us? We are not fucking Stoke or Newcastle lets get it right. Even without signings we have Stones,Barkley,McCarthy,McGeady,Coleman,Oviedo,Naismith who have grown and grown this season and will be itching to do better. I know its not a fancy term these days but we have SPIRIT. We are a proper football club and I think we will embrace it. Players would rather play games than train so I don't see the problem. Im not saying fifth is granted what im saying is fuck the rest let them worry about us

this exactly.

Sick of hearing that other teams will get better and we will not be able to compete. haven't people been saying this for years now?

We also had long term injuries last season. we have players breaking through. we will make a few more signings. we will improve our squad. We already have, haven't we signed a few academy players and gave them pro contracts.

Liverpool also played above themselves last season, Man U will be better but it was also a strange season where none of the top six seemed to go through a bad patch.

if we made two solid signings I would be happy.... anymore I will be ecstatic.

What makes me convinced is the team and squad we have already. Same every year Spurs will be pushing BLAH BLAH. United will be stronger? why? New manager and massive upheavel needed. Arsenal? Are we not getting closer to them? The shite? Same rules apply if your talking about more games this season. As for us? We are not fucking Stoke or Newcastle lets get it right. Even without signings we have Stones,Barkley,McCarthy,McGeady,Coleman,Oviedo,Naismith who have grown and grown this season and will be itching to do better. I know its not a fancy term these days but we have SPIRIT. We are a proper football club and I think we will embrace it. Players would rather play games than train so I don't see the problem. Im not saying fifth is granted what im saying is fuck the rest let them worry about us

yes Tricky, love it!

this exactly.

Sick of hearing that other teams will get better and we will not be able to compete. haven't people been saying this for years now?

We also had long term injuries last season. we have players breaking through. we will make a few more signings. we will improve our squad. We already have, haven't we signed a few academy players and gave them pro contracts.

Liverpool also played above themselves last season, Man U will be better but it was also a strange season where none of the top six seemed to go through a bad patch.

if we made two solid signings I would be happy.... anymore I will be ecstatic.

If we only make 2 signings it is going to be a very very long season