IGNORED

everton vs city

redarmy

Guest blueboy122

I guess Mourinho missed the memo saying sides have to come to Anfield with tactics that play into Liverpool's hands, rather than try to shut the opposition down.

Exactly. That's what annoys me most about Liverpool fans and Rodgers moaning about Chelsea and there tactics.

Mouriniho is clever and savy enough to know that if you open yourself up against Liverpool they will score and overwhelm you. Why would he do that?

If Liverpool win the title they will deserve to do so but my god have they had their luck along the way.

Have they played any top side (City, Chelsea) when the opposition has had a full strength team?

Liverpool lived off doing the exact same as Chelsea for years in Europe against better teams.

if you talking about houllier era i totally agree(also some part of benitez), i hate the way we looked, and i have no problem teams comes to defend if your name is west brom, but when you spend 200M+ on players just to come and destroy the match you are anti football and it got nothing to do with any player mistake as misrable as it was.

Have they played any top side (City, Chelsea) when the opposition has had a full strength team?

what in gods name are you talking about? we played against those two without daniel sturridge in the 1st round and without jose enrique all swason. with all due respect our squad is not even half of city and chelsea(not quality and not price).
about luck? well every team enjoy and suffer from good and bad luck

if you talking about houllier era i totally agree(also some part of benitez), i hate the way we looked, and i have no problem teams comes to defend if your name is west brom, but when you spend 200M+ on players just to come and destroy the match you are anti football and it got nothing to do with any player mistake as misrable as it was.

Chelsea came to you off the back of a major mid-week match, minus captain and goalkeeper, to play a fresh liverpool !

He came and did a job, a very good job.

I am a scouser and proud of it. I would love Liverpool to win the title this year. Hate the idea of Suarez getting a medal though.

Next year when we are back to full strength in defence I am sure we will be above Liverpool again where we rightfully belong. Be a hard game against City but lets be positive..

I am a scouser and proud of it. I would love Liverpool to win the title this year. Hate the idea of Suarez getting a medal though.

Next year when we are back to full strength in defence I am sure we will be above Liverpool again where we rightfully belong. Be a hard game against City but lets be positive..

From the wirral.

I don't want Liverpool to win the league but more than that I DO want Everton to win every game.

If West Ham beat Spurs on Sat then we'd only need a point for 5th now 4th is all but gone. Best case scenario for me is we beat City and Palace beat Liverpool.

As for the Chelsea 'anti-football' - they could end up with a league and champs league double, Mourinho is brilliant, each game should be set up for to get a result - fair play to Chelsea if anything. They'll be tough to beat next season when Jose has got his preferred strikers in.

I'm an old wirral boy, now up here in Cumbria. I have loads of pool and Utd mates.

Yes, a few have said they would like to see us in 4th. But I've no doubt that is because of where they are.

I also have to listen to all the 'small club, skint, full of loans, bitter, woodison park.....' shite.

Until they lost to Chelsea.

Now its all 'hope you's can do us a favour' brown nosing bullshit. And that's what really really grinds my balls.

1) I want Everton to win every game

2) I don't give a shit if it 'helps' Liverpool

3) when we do beat City, and IF it contributes to you's winning the league...you's will only instantly revert back to the bitter, small club shot all over again. And despite you's hoping we beat City and do you a 'favour', you's will instantly dismiss that it was of any importance!

I say to many of my red shite pals 'are you utd in disguise?'...you's act exactly the same.

I want both teams in Europe next year and every year because it is good for the city and the people of the city. The city is an original home of football with 2 clubs soaked in fantastic history. We both need to be back in Europe.

As for the whinging about Chelsea and the buses. That's all bollocks. Read what Jamie Carragher said about it. He hits the nail on the head. Basically says pool did it in the 70's and 80's a plenty. Plus plenty of times in recent years to good success.

That's all.

I am a Red with great respect for you. I think you all will enjoy the future with Martinez as your manager.

As all other Reds I am hoping you will get a result against Man City, allthough you, the fans may not. I wonder if you expect to have any of your players (Distin, Jagielka, Pienaar, and Mirallas) back from injury in time to face City. Thanks and good luck for the remaining of the season and next season.

Edited by AnfieldCop

guys, just want to say that every set of fans has its idiots so dont tar them all with the same brush. Redarmy has come along and been perfectly civil, so lets not tar him with the dickhead fan brush and lets try and respect our forums motto ;)

Edited by Matt

Lets put it this way if the options were everton win or drawer against City and Liverpool are guaranteed to win the league I would take the loss if there was no champs league to fight for. I have said I could handle them winning it if we got champs league but I can't handle seeing Gerrard pick that trophy up, I have to admit I took a lot of pleasure seeing him slipping over

Liverpool have done very well this season, more so Brendan Rodgers. Fair play.

But the fact that there is a sudden interest in one of our games kind of justify what I am on about.

The outcome of our result vs city makes no difference to pools title challenge. As so far as I am concerned, the league is won over 38 games, not one. Who ever wins the league, deserves it.

I do think this is pools big chance. City, Chelsea, utd and in some ways, Everton, will be much better next season.

Been a belting season all round, really enjoyed it.

Edited by Newty82

Tricky Trev

so you prefer a mercenary like kompany to lift the trophy instead of a local boy from the same town you come from just because he's wearing red?

you prefer mancs to celebrate, those people who shouts to scousers you'll never get a job or laughing when there's a minute silence to honor hillsborough victims(which i'm pretty sure there is family of those victims here in your forum)?

Tricky Trev

so you prefer a mercenary like kompany to lift the trophy instead of a local boy from the same town you come from just because he's wearing red?
you prefer mancs to celebrate, those people who shouts to scousers you'll never get a job or laughing when there's a minute silence to honor hillsborough victims(which i'm pretty sure there is family of those victims here in your forum)?

mostly because hes a condescending, ref intimidating, smug, self-gratifying prick. Kompany has more decency in the hair on his head than Gerrard has and is far from a mercenary - hes a model footballer from what I know.

Tricky Trev

Redarmy to your first point you could have named loads of city players who could be classed as mercenary's. Kompany in my mind would be one of the few who isn't. You then ask would I rather have Kompany lift the trophy rather than a local boy? I don't give a fuck where Gerrard is from. Same town,same street, same house. He plays for Liverpool and I would rather any player from any team lifts it rather than them.

Now I have to be careful here not to make my point misconstrued, but lets get things straight there is just as many Liverpool fans that sing about Munich as United fans sing about Hillsborough. What has that got to do with who I want to win the league? Everton and Liverpool have rivalry we don't all have to subscribe to this recent love in of all things related to how good Liverpool are perceived to be.

Tricky Trev

I think the problem is more with Gerrard than LFC to be fair.

Tricky Trev

Oh dear. Now you are proving me right...are you utd in disguise?!!!

Fancy trying to bring all that emotion into it! But of a poor manouvor.

That was laughably poor.

One last time, and only following on from recent responses, if Everton were still involved with a great chance of fourth place, then would get behind the team and wish them every success against Manchester City, but all the opposition needs do is win their last three games and they win the league championship - simples. Whatever the shite or Chelsea do will prove immaterial.

Arsenal have the last champions league place in their possession they're not going to relinquish now, so that leaves us with say a fifth to seventh place finish, and even if City win, still expect us to gain a europa league place by end of season. Three points against Hull City on the last day should see us through.

Say again, this end of season climax is proving goddamn awkward to put things mildly. - But NO Liverpool title win (please) for fucks sake.

i don't get you guys, you prefer to bash people that grow inside of this great town rather then wish them well and take them as an example to do good!

the easy thing to do is to hate, the great and hard thing is to strive and emulate.

yes i know SG is not perfect(are we?) but you hate him more because you see him succeed but in the wrong color.

anyway i'm not here trying to convince you guys to buy SG shirt...

believe me, us wining the title will do much more to this town include everton than city or chelsea winning it. hopefully will see us both teams back in europe and conquer england like in the old days.

Tricky Trev

Yes and kompany has never disrespected our club unlike your belovered local boy. Only last season he tried to do this after the derby. I say we gift city the match and it be forever in stevey G's head that he alone cost them it.