IGNORED

everton vs city

redarmy

i wanted to say that you're an idiot but i think it's pretty obvious so no need to.
if i don't fall into this love hate between two teams from the same city i don't have a clue? maybe you have no life so that hating your neighbours prosper you in life?!
taking one eye out as long as your neighbour loses his both that's the right moto for miserable life!
grumpy but understandable as you live next to united...
the part we me and the camera killed me, you got the wrong guy, i went to 2 CL finals never took a camera with me and not even a phone so don't have a single pic from those games, plus i think camera and sell phone should be banned from games.
when i see someone holding his phone to take a pic all i want is to break his face and kick his ass outside so yes i'm your standard fan!
wow you sold 3000 tickets, you barely fill in your stadium each week, you should ask your neighbours to send you some of their glory hunters tourist :)

i can smell your fear from this game, hope my nose have more sense than your brain(well that's easy as you're a manc)

Like this person more and more. Read it guys. I'm a proper everton fan and he mentions me and god in the same sentence. It's like he know me. :-)

Lets get to the crux of when all this started...

In 1977 Liverpool returned to the city with the European Cup, and at St Geroges Hall grabbed hold of the mike and started singing "Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic" - in the crowd were many Evertonians who had turned up to give Liverpool a "well done" homecoming... Tommy Smith by all accounts was disgusted by this and from that moment the whole - "watch Everton or Liverpool at home and support whoever" fans packed that in...

Soooo... years following by and seeing the 1986 FA Cup final played to mixing fans was an exception. Since then the rivalry instensified, which I am not against by the way... but don't for one minute think that Everton will want to do Liverpool a favour when we have in all reality got nothing left to play for other than giving our fans perma grief off the Part time looking to turn full time fans (but on the waiting list nonsense).

I'm not blaming Emlyn Hughes either, that was his personality, a bit of an OTT joker - who didn't realise you can't go hugging Princess Anne on question of sport...

Edited by Hafnia

but don't for one minute think that Everton will want to do Liverpool a favour

we don't want favors but like someone said the title is decided over a course of 38 games so don't let city have it over 37 and hand them the game.
everton football club should go above some of idiots chants/opinions/whatever, respect the game we all love, thats it!

we don't want favors but like someone said the title is decided over a course of 38 games so don't let city have it over 37 and hand them the game.
everton football club should go above some of idiots chants/opinions/whatever, respect the game we all love, thats it!

I'm sure they will respect the game. Not to give us a favor or other things but for them. They need to take points and they are professionnal.

The point is that game will very tough for them, whatever the situation.

They're not on their best part of the season, they got injuries and their UCL chances almost sliped with the success of Arsenal over Newcastle.

For City this game is a final, they know that if they don't win this one, the title would probably goes to Liverpool.

That will be a great football game, stressful and I hope that Everton will win this one and secure their 5th place, and probably secure us the title.

Explain.

I'm genuinely embarrassed by some people on this forum...

Not entirely sure why I have to go into any more depth? I've explained already, in this thread, my thoughts on the actions of some and that I don't agree with it. When you get over your Billy Big Bollox attitude, maybe we can talk.

I'm genuinely embarrassed by some people on this forum...

Not entirely sure why I have to go into any more depth? I've explained already, in this thread, my thoughts on the actions of some and that I don't agree with it. When you get over your Billy Big Bollox attitude, maybe we can talk.

Explain.

Roberto wants as many points on board so pre-season he can say to the players you were only x amount of points off the top two etc. That's his ethic and should be ours really. Roberto is such a nice bloke he probably would be ok with the shite winning it. Lets face it football is a funny old game and theres no reason we cant win our last two and The Arse drawer theirs is there?

I think the stadium will be strangely flat, like a pre season friendly atmosphere. No ooohhs and ahhhhhs, polite applause. The players will sense off the fans the passion or lack of it... It won't be arsenal or man utd...

A very very strange situation.

Roberto wants as many points on board so pre-season he can say to the players you were only x amount of points off the top two etc. That's his ethic and should be ours really. Roberto is such a nice bloke he probably would be ok with the shite winning it. Lets face it football is a funny old game and theres no reason we cant win our last two and The Arse drawer theirs is there?

just curious, whats with the alternation between underlining and italicizing your posts?

I think the stadium will be strangely flat, like a pre season friendly atmosphere. No ooohhs and ahhhhhs, polite applause. The players will sense off the fans the passion or lack of it... It won't be arsenal or man utd...

A very very strange situation.

That atmosphere has been too few and far between over the last couple of seasons, in my opinion...

Or a big thankyou to the ref for the Cardiff game. Foul against Baines. Stone wall pen. Three more points.

I was only trying to say, in my round about way, it's bollocks to pin your hopes / blame your season on the outcome of one game. Our dropped points against Cardiff (as you mention), West Brom, Sunderland, Palace are all as crucial as the points we've dropped against Liverpool, City (so far this season) and so on.

Liverpool themselves have dropped points at home to Southampton (loss), Villa (draw) and they even drew away at Newcastle who are worse than shite. They then go and lose at The Emirates and then put 5 past them at Anfield. Why do they want or expect us to dig them out of hole? They've ordered their own shit sandwich so now they can eat it. I want Everton to win every game we play and I don't give a flying fuck what it does for or to any other team whoever the fuck they are or think they are.

So, to pin your hopes on a different team than the one you support yourself beating one of your closest rivals, whether or not that team is from the same city, when there are two other games each also to play is complete nonsense. Should be looking at what your own team should and shouldn't, might and mightn't have done. Liverpool have had 2 cracks at beating Chelsea in the league this season and have failed twice, losing both. They've lost one of their 2 games against City. So, they've picked up 3 points out of a possible 12 against their 2 closest rivals. Maybe they should clean their own house first before brushing their shite onto our doorstep?

I must be an unhealthy chap then.

No (you may be but we don't know that) But the attitude is unhealthy. Football is a sport not an all out war. True supporter love their team, they do not hate everyone else above and beyond that.

If this offends you ..... well I am sorry, but that sort of attitude deeply offends me, because it tars us all with the same brush.

No (you may be but we don't know that) But the attitude is unhealthy. Football is a sport not an all out war. True supporter love their team, they do not hate everyone else above and beyond that.

If this offends you ..... well I am sorry, but that sort of attitude deeply offends me, because it tars us all with the same brush.

I gave you my opinion i'lI never asked you to follow so you can put your brush away. I also don't feel this is loving my club any less. I honestly think that a defeat to city won't change any inevitable outcome at the end of the season. If we deserve Europe we should beat hull away and cement it. Seeing as they have an fa cup final to worry about. If I thought it meant more I would obviously want us to win but seeing what the repercussions are to the shite I'd gladly take a defeat. It doesn't make you any less of a fan. Quite the opposite cause it shows what rivalry does to a man and expresses his love for his club more. Join me it's great over here :-)

Edited by Brett Angel

I gave you my opinion i'lI never asked you to follow so you can put your brush away. I also don't feel this is loving my club any less. I honestly think that a defeat to city won't change any inevitable outcome at the end of the season. If we deserve Europe we should beat hull away and cement it. Seeing as they have an fa cup final to worry about. If I thought it meant more I would obviously want us to win but seeing what the repercussions are to the shite I'd gladly take a defeat. It doesn't make you any less of a fan. Quite the opposite cause it shows what rivalry does to a man and expresses his love for his club more. Join me it's great over here :-)

I suppose it is whatever rocks your boat. Not for me though I try never to hate anyone over football. Yes there are teams I dislike in general but never will I hate any one over a sporting matter. It just feels so wrong, and frankly as was said before 'unhealthy'. I like to see some teams lose, BUT that is what rivallry is, not blind hatred. Being biased does not have to mean bigotry.

I suppose it is whatever rocks your boat. Not for me though I try never to hate anyone over football. Yes there are teams I dislike in general but never will I hate any one over a sporting matter. It just feels so wrong, and frankly as was said before 'unhealthy'. I like to see some teams lose, BUT that is what rivallry is, not blind hatred. Being biased does not have to mean bigotry.

Can i ask where your from?

Well I really thought you would know better. Either that or am guessing your working environment has been from a working class background and hasn't had to endure all the classic 'I'm the biggest liverpool supporter' people who blag they go to every game and every bit of shit about everton that comes from their lips already exists on facebook and Twitter only for all of them to use the same banter.

I have come across that too. But why be as bad as they are I am an Everton supporter and much better (IMO) I am not lowering myself to that level. Besides my family is divided. None of them (Red or Blue) are like that. Indeed I used to be a child member of the LFC Supporters Club. (Not my choice by the way, all done by my grandmother) I have seen both sides of supporters from both clubs, good and bad.

Like to think I anm a good biased supporter....... BUT I would really hate to be thought of as a bigoted one.