IGNORED

Eric Dier

I'm sure there must be a thread for this lad but I can't find it.

Anyway, seems that Sporting Lisbon have been complaining about "harassment" of Eric Dier from English clubs and apparently we were specifically mentioned. He's already spent two seasons with our youth set-up and he seems like the sort of ball-playing defender that Martinez would love, but with a buy out clause of 20m Euros that Sporting are looking to increase, it looks as though he's way out of our reach.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/everton-harassment-over-england-u21-leads-club-to-worry-about-fut

This lad's quality, we should never have let him go.

Got to love Sporting crying about us 'harassing' them. If you want to keep him improve his contract and buy-out clause rather than going to the media sucking your thumb. If only Sporting were going through the shit like they were a few seasons ago so we could take him on the cheap!

I never seen him play but if Moyes believed in him that much do you not think we would have bought him!? Didn't we send him back in the end as well or was he recalled?

He was recalled and it was never an option for us to sign him. Sporting were happy to loan him to us simply to get a different experience. They always had the intention of him going back and playing in their first team.

To your first point though; Moyes didn't believe in Mustafi either...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...