IGNORED

Brendan Galloway

I love his attitude. You can see this "I don't care who you are" approach to the game in his play. I think we had it, collectively, yesterday, and it showed. No deference. No added pressure because of the names on the opposing team sheet. Just playing our game and imposing our will on the match. We don't see that often enough. But, that's the hump we need to get over to start winning things again.

I love his attitude. You can see this "I don't care who you are" approach to the game in his play. I think we had it, collectively, yesterday, and it showed. No deference. No added pressure because of the names on the opposing team sheet. Just playing our game and imposing our will on the match. We don't see that often enough. But, that's the hump we need to get over to start winning things again.

Sharp contrast to the "knife to a gunfight" attitude instilled by Moyes, though obviously we still have him to thank for our defensive display yesterday.

why ?

I was being ironic, people credited Moyes for our good first season defensively under Martinez, then blamed Roberto for for the less impressive second season.

Third season is obviously Roberto 100%, not for a moment suggesting DM should take any credit (other than for the players he bought).

Did a great job, looked solid against Pedro, no small task for a young lad. He'll be some centre half when he's older, it's not often I expect a lot from our youngsters, he's convinced me now.

He gave a good interview on the website too, he said were on the same pitch for a reason. Love his attitude.

Edited by StevO

no he deserves one he's only been here 15 months the contract he will be on will be a pittance and im not sure how long it would be.

He signed a 5 year contract. He's played a handful of games for us, and has shown he has great promise, but I don't see why that warrants a pay rise when he's on a long contract anyway. I'd have no problem with it if he played a full season at this level and was showing this level, but I think it's a bit soon.

Like I said; new contracts, on higher wages, are handed out like sweets. They're barely earned now.

He signed a 5 year contract. He's played a handful of games for us, and has shown he has great promise, but I don't see why that warrants a pay rise when he's on a long contract anyway. I'd have no problem with it if he played a full season at this level and was showing this level, but I think it's a bit soon.

Like I said; new contracts, on higher wages, are handed out like sweets. They're barely earned now.

He's shown he could be a 1st teamer, and if he is on a pittance, then signing him up so he's happy makes sense to me.

He's shown he could be a 1st teamer, and if he is on a pittance, then signing him up so he's happy makes sense to me.

Or you tell him, "you keep this up for the rest of the season and you'll get a new contract in the summer". Give him a reason to keep performing.

It's crazy to reward someone for a few games, let them show it's not just a purple patch but their true level.

Edited by Romey 1878

Or you tell him, "you keep this up for the rest of the season and you'll get a new contract in the summer". Give him a reason to keep performing.

It's crazy to reward someone for a few games, let them show it's not just a purple patch but their true level.

Fair point. Maybe somewhere in between, put the contract down and say this is what you're getting if you keep it up.

Trouble is, as soon as Baines is back, he's going to be benched so you can't judge him on the whole season.

Some young players often have a clause in their contracts - X amount of senior league games = better terms.

Fair point. Maybe somewhere in between, put the contract down and say this is what you're getting if you keep it up.

Trouble is, as soon as Baines is back, he's going to be benched so you can't judge him on the whole season.

So you just bump his wages for a couple of months worth of games at the risk of finding out he's not quite that good? (I don't think that'll be the case like, but there is a chance).

Some young players often have a clause in their contracts - X amount of senior league games = better terms.

You could be right. I just find it mind-boggling how easily better terms are handed out. If a player has a handful of bad games their wages aren't decreased, they aren't punished, because form fluctuates, so why on earth should a handful of good games warrant improved terms?! Argh!

So you just bump his wages for a couple of months worth of games at the risk of finding out he's not quite that good? (I don't think that'll be the case like, but there is a chance).

You could be right. I just find it mind-boggling how easily better terms are handed out. If a player has a handful of bad games their wages aren't decreased, they aren't punished, because form fluctuates, so why on earth should a handful of good games warrant improved terms?! Argh!

I agree! I guess it's just becuase clubs could be seen as extorting young players by tying them down to 5 year contracts on lower (relatively) money. Though it seems that players these days actually want paying extra for doing the things footballers are SUPPOSED to do, like kicking a ball for example. Hernandez reportedly wanted a £90,000 goal bonus from West Ham. Obviously the £100,000 a week basic didn't include goals.

It's a sham!