IGNORED

Brendan Galloway

So you just bump his wages for a couple of months worth of games at the risk of finding out he's not quite that good? (I don't think that'll be the case like, but there is a chance).

Not as I proposed as the compromise. Tell him, if he carries on the way he is doing, then there is x-change planned for him come the end of the season. Bit like you were suggesting after a full season, but rather give an extra incentive and also takes into account he won't play the whole season because he's competing with Baines.

Edited by Matt

Contracts are more important than ever. Players need to be continuously tied up even if they have a pretty long contract. However on this one I'm with Romey... See how he does for the rest of the season then offer him a new one.

Edited by MC11

Hopefully we are sensible here. Give him a higher base salary, but don't make it too high. He's young and developing, so I'd figure solid performance-based incentives and appearance bonuses should be in there.

Either way, we aren't giving him Barry's wages. We are probably paying him as U-21s player, and he hasn't been a strictly U-21s player since Baines got injured last season. Reward him for his hard work and give him more reasons to get even better. The sharks are going to be circling on him come January, the way he's performing.

• 2 weeks later...

true. but he offers much more defensively, so stick a greedy winger in front

either way,the lad has done very well and offers something different

This for me. We should only play one attacking fb, with a work horse infront and a defensive fb with a greedy sod del/Mirallas infront.

Means we'd only need the one dm instead so is more attacking as well as better defensively. Find we crowd the pitch when we have two wing backs pushing forward.

Usually I'd be seriously pissed about that but Galloway doesn't offer much (if anything) going forward, and our full-backs attacking is a major part of our game.

Not true at all. Doesn't have the crossing class or set piece ability of Bainsey, at least from what we've seen, but he's spent major portions of matches, even against Swansea from what I remember, linking up play while camped out in the opposing half. I think he's got quite a bit to offer on the attack.

Not true at all. Doesn't have the crossing class or set piece ability of Bainsey, at least from what we've seen, but he's spent major portions of matches, even against Swansea from what I remember, linking up play while camped out in the opposing half. I think he's got quite a bit to offer on the attack.

I'd obviously say this isn't true at all as well. There's a difference between being up there in the oppositions half and actually being of much use.

At the moment Matt id rather see Mori play in there with Stones, he needs the game time. I trust Galloway already, he's fine for me, I want to see the mistakes come out of Mori's game.

only 2 games in for Mori, so I get the concerns. But I want to start building that partnership now dammit! :shaking fist:

I'd obviously say this isn't true at all as well. There's a difference between being up there in the oppositions half and actually being of much use.

It's definitely more than nothing, and I'd say he's been of quite good use. He and Lennon worked well together on the left side. He picks out the right pass and he's not afraid to bring the ball out of the back. He hasn't created any goals yet, but that doesn't mean he's useless in attack.

It's definitely more than nothing, and I'd say he's been of quite good use. He and Lennon worked well together on the left side. He picks out the right pass and he's not afraid to bring the ball out of the back. He hasn't created any goals yet, but that doesn't mean he's useless in attack.

I haven't said he's useless. He has created a goal, against City.

Edited by Romey 1878

My bad, I meant Chelsea!

Not much use (if anything) means just that; not much. Which isn't me saying useless.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree I guess. Not expecting anything initially, I've been very impressed with his willingness and ability to get forward. I know CB is his preferred position, but he's starting to make Garbutt look expendable at LB.