IGNORED

Yannick Bolasie

• 10 months later...

I've said before he's a player I'd like to see here as above on his day he's brilliant but can be hit and miss very Mirallas like in that regard very similar players but I'd say he's slightly more consistent

For £10m a definite yes knows the league talented relatively young and the type of player we need I'd be more than happy if we brought him in or a very similar player ability wise kept hold of Kev and brought Lennon in also

Love to see him here. Can be explosive at times.

As has been mentioned, thats the issue. We've already got a temperamental winger who is light-years ahead of him talent-wise. 15m is a lot of money for someone who may or may not turn up. If thats true, put 5m aside for a bumper contract for Mirallas and get Lennon in for 5-7m please.

He is a good player, but at the money being touted it's too much of a stretch for me.

No thanks, nowhere near good enough.

Great on Fifa cos he's fast as fuck (so my son says why we should sign him) but it's the real world. Nowhere near a 10 mil player. Mirallas was just over 5 and he's not fit enough to lace Mirallas boots .

Decent player for a shit side.

Lennon pisses all over him.

I wouldn't be paying those figures but anyone who's been at Goodison over the past 2 seasons will know he was hands down their best player and caused Coleman all sorts of problems. I'd take him any day of the week if it was under £10m. For me his ability is not even questionable.

You guys need to realise that the prices you are thinking of very realistic three years ago. Now every team has increased their turnover by 30-50 million from TV alone and most teams will make a profit for the current season.

So you can look at whatever players but if you think you will buy a good PL player from another PL team with no baggage or contract running out for under 10 million, you need to realign your valuations.

• 1 year later...

They want 30, we've bid 18. That puts the likely fee 23-24 million. As everyone keeps saying, we've got money, so let's spend some.

I mean, we don't need to act like Wenger, but we don't need to overspend just because we can, either.. I'd say 24m is a bit high for him, but I wouldnt be totally put off if thats what went through. Absolute no at 30, though.

Massive yes. Proven game changer in the Prem, wonderfully talented.

Really, if he is not good enough for Everton... who is it exactly people want us to sign??

proven? He's had a purple patch and done nothing more.

Just because we've got money to spend doesn't mean we should waste it on a chance he's more than just a half season wonder

Edited by Matt

proven? He's had a purple patch and done nothing more.

Just because we've got money to spend doesn't mean we should waste it on a chance he's more than just a half season wonder

This. He's hardly the finished product. I don't think his ceiling is that much higher either. He's a mid table player and not much more, as far as I'm concerned. I don't want us buying players (or overpaying) just to have more bodies around the squad. £30m is crazy for Bolasie, as is £18m. Another overhyped player that will get found out on a bigger stage. I'd rather not have Everton be the club that spunks stupid money up the wall for an overhyped player and later regrets it. We're not even done with the Niasse thing yet.