IGNORED

Yannick Bolasie

But you think Pardew is a great manager don't you?

FFS you love bringing this up but the fact is I stand by my statement. I think he is that doesn't mean I think he's a worldie, just a good manager. Not the likes of guardiola or simeone or ancelotti or del bosque or the like. But of the same ilk of a Moyes, allardyce type manager. I just happen to think koeman is better than that, not that I've changed my mind on pardew.

FFS you love bringing this up but the fact is I stand by my statement. I think he is that doesn't mean I think he's a worldie, just a good manager. Not the likes of guardiola or simeone or ancelotti or del bosque or the like. But of the same ilk of a Moyes, allardyce type manager. I just happen to think koeman is better than that, not that I've changed my mind on pardew.

You've just implied that Pardew was a bad manager, so I wanted to clarify.

does exactly what I thought he would do and I am very happy with what that is - he takes the ball "on his own", stands his man up and can beat him for pace or with a trick... defenders are petrified of him.

He doesn't have to get goals or assists for me, its what he offers, that transition between defence and attack is vital. He reminds me of Kanchelskis in that way. Put into context Kanchelskis was better than Ribery or Robben - by a clear margin too. In todays money you would be looking at £70m for him.... he was that good in that season for us. I felt like jumping on the pitch after Lee Sharpe when he fouled him and he did his shoulder, took a good few games from him.

Bolassie will be the type of player who you know is good because of what is missing when he isn't on the pitch. He scatters the opposition defence.

So far I think his delivery has been much better than I expected. He puts some right belters in. OK, people will naturally hone in on the ones that don't quite make it due to his rep, but the overall quality is there.

His work rate is up there with the best. The way he brings the ball out from our defensive third into the attacking third is great to watch.

Where he will probably cause conflict is in his style of dribbling. He'll slip, run into people, trip over his own feet, try to take on every man and his dog.

Look forward to watching him more.

So far I think his delivery has been much better than I expected. He puts some right belters in. OK, people will naturally hone in on the ones that don't quite make it due to his rep, but the overall quality is there.

His work rate is up there with the best. The way he brings the ball out from our defensive third into the attacking third is great to watch.

Where he will probably cause conflict is in his style of dribbling. He'll slip, run into people, trip over his own feet, try to take on every man and his dog.

Look forward to watching him more.

the bold part, remember the neutrals saying he's lazy haha can't believe you paid that much for him. he's not lazy at all, like not even a little bit. hustles as hard as Gana the whole time. I also think he's really loving Everton. The fans have embraced him, he's on a winning side in the top half of the table (not in a relegation fight year after year) and he's pals it seems with Lukaku and Gana.

Edited by markjazzbassist

He's a hustler and will cause problems. Some great pieces of skill, but many deer legged attempts to run with the ball as well. He's unconventional on the ball and it helps that his determination gets him the luck more often than not, but there will games were he can't get past his man similar to how Coleman was on the right wing back in the day.

There was a couple of Phil Neville crosses yesterday. But overall very good.

Fucking hell Mark, he's shite ??

The thing that I like is his work rate. And he is ALWAYS trying to push forward, get wide, beat someone and put the ball into a dangerous area. His crosses aren't perfect, but they damn sure never seem to get blocked. He doesn't take bad shots - tho he doesn't always shoot well. Regardless, his main focus seems to be getting wide and lobbing bombs into the box, and he is doing it constantly.

I think more people would be higher on him if he wasn't being overshadowed by the other new boy that seems to be covering the entire damn middle third of England.

I was down on him when we were rumored to be signing him. But, even though he has those erratic qualities that made me doubt him, he's shown great determination and skill so far. The things I enjoy the most are how direct he is and how he always forces the defense to act. He's unpredictable (which can be a bad thing for the other players around him) and this either disrupts defenders' focus or forces them into making a move that leaves an opening for someone else. It's exciting. Regarding his crosses, no they aren't always perfectly accurate. But, they're generally very dangerous. He put in a few yesterday that dipped hard right around the six yard box and had their defenders throwing themselves about to deal with them. These are the kinds of balls that, even though they aren't exactly accurate, can allow us to make a goal out of nothing.