Sign in to follow this  
duncanmckenzieismagic

Yannick Bolasie

On the other hand were also a laughing stock of the transfer window paying 30 million for him.

That will be forgotten when Palace take all the money and spend it on Benteke...

That will be forgotten when Palace take all the money and spend it on Benteke...

If benteke wasn't at the shite and we had a choice to spend 30 million on him or Bolasi I'd choose Benteke. IMO he's the better player and would fill more of a void in our squad.

On the other hand were also a laughing stock of the transfer window paying 30 million for him.

only time will tell - lets see how he performs in a blue shirt. We have to trust the management team.

He has been applauded off at Anfield for single headedly destroying them - no mean feat. Palace fans love him... most wouldn't have sold him for £20m - essentially we may have paid £8m over the odds for him.

He could do 2 brilliant years for us and we recoup our money plus more... so nope I'm not writing this off.

If benteke wasn't at the shite and we had a choice to spend 30 million on him or Bolasi I'd choose Benteke. IMO he's the better player and would fill more of a void in our squad.

Then I worry about your sanity.

I wish people would remember that Benteke ruptured his Achilles - I can't believe Liverpool spent all that money on him - let alone Palace.

Do the research on players who ruptured their Achilles tendons.... it completely takes away what mobility they had. Barnes, Lawrenson, Webb, Nzogbia, Yakubu.

Liverpool are getting away with it if they sell him on... unbelievable.

Benteke scored a goal every other game at Villa.

Don't get me wrong there isn't much to choose from, but Benteke is the better player over the course of a season.

In his first season there, he was very impressive. However, he's done fuck all for over 2 years now, had a horrible injury that took from him being a decent 1 dimensional striker to a poor 1 dimensional striker.

I'd rather play Niasse than Benteke, to give you an idea of where I stand ;)

Benteke scored a goal every other game at Villa.

Don't get me wrong there isn't much to choose from, but Benteke is the better player over the course of a season.

And then ripped his Achilles to shreds and is a different player now...

Another match winner in the squad, can't argue with that.

I think we need to be realistic here and accept we aren't going to fill our squad with 5 star players in the first window. I think if we get one proper marquee signing ( Mata please ) we can be happy, push on for European football and go from there.

In his first season there, he was very impressive. However, he's done fuck all for over 2 years now, had a horrible injury that took from him being a decent 1 dimensional striker to a poor 1 dimensional striker.

I'd rather play Niasse than Benteke, to give you an idea of where I stand ;)

It absolutely amazes me how his injury hasn't been taken into account. Anyone here had tendonitis? awful, really painful and you cant run or jump properly.

Rupturing the Achilles takes away that jumping and sprinting power. Essentially he will play like an old man. Its what turned John Barnes from a winger into a centre midfielder.

It absolutely amazes me how his injury hasn't been taken into account. Anyone here had tendonitis? awful, really painful and you cant run or jump properly.

Rupturing the Achilles takes away that jumping and sprinting power. Essentially he will play like an old man. Its what turned John Barnes from a winger into a centre midfielder.

I've taken it into account, but that doesn't change the reality now that he's rubbish. It simply explains it.

I've taken it into account, but that doesn't change the reality now that he's rubbish. It simply explains it.

That's what Haf's getting at. He;s not saying Benteke should be cut slack, but that he's a much lesser player now due to the injury.

That's what Haf's getting at. He;s not saying Benteke should be cut slack, but that he's a much lesser player now due to the injury.

Oh I know, but I don't get why it's important. He's not our player, he's not good - injury or not.

Oh I know, but I don't get why it's important. He's not our player, he's not good - injury or not.

He's saying it towards the people who want him here and think he'd be a good signing - i.e. they're remembering the player before the injury.

He's saying it towards the people who want him here and think he'd be a good signing - i.e. they're remembering the player before the injury.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :doh:

Can I still claim jetlag?

pre injury he was very very good - there really is no disputing that. He was like a tank - pace, real power, dominant in the air.

He looked laboured since he came back, plays like a target man, mobility has gone.

pre injury he was very very good - there really is no disputing that. He was like a tank - pace, real power, dominant in the air.

He looked laboured since he came back, plays like a target man, mobility has gone.

Not sure I'd go that far but I get what you mean now (with a little help, admittedly...)

I have heard a rumour, and I stress a rumour, that the main fee will be around 20 mil with add ons amounting closer to 30, albeit the add ons are unlikely to happen (such as winning the league).

Basically Palace want it to look like they are getting a lot because he is a fan fave and they don't want to risk the backlash of supposedly selling one of their best players for a reasonable fee.

The more I think about this the more positive I get. He would be the best winger we have and probably the most consistent too.

I have heard a rumour, and I stress a rumour, that the main fee will be around 20 mil with add ons amounting closer to 30, albeit the add ons are unlikely to happen (such as winning the league).

Basically Palace want it to look like they are getting a lot because he is a fan fave and they don't want to risk the backlash of supposedly selling one of their best players for a reasonable fee.

The more I think about this the more positive I get. He would be the best winger we have and probably the most consistent too.

Thats a lot easier to accept if true.

Completely disagree, they play different positions for a start so incomparable in that regard and ones been an injury hit donkey... Benteke is dire

I don't know why people are so hung up on the fee its the market we're in and we don't know how the deal is structured

Completely disagree, they play different positions for a start so incomparable in that regard and ones been an injury hit donkey... Benteke is dire

I don't know why people are so hung up on the fee its the market we're in

Change is hard :(

I agree and get were your coming from Matt but people have been crying out for us to spend for years I know that doesn't disregard doing it wisely etc but its an over inflated market £30m today is yesterday's £15/20

Watford knocking back £30m for Deeney £48m for Ighalo etc was an early indication of how things were going to pan out fee wise it's ridiculous crazy call it what you will but its were we're at

I agree and get were your coming from Matt but people have been crying out for us to spend for years I know that doesn't disregard doing it wisely etc but its an over inflated market £30m today is yesterday's £15/20

Watford knocking back £30m for Deeney £48m for Ighalo etc was an early indication of how things were going to pan out fee wise it's ridiculous crazy call it what you will but its were we're at

That's a big jump, no wonder I'm finding it tough! :P

I'm just struggling to accept the changes. Every year it gets more ludicrous but this window has just redefined "silly season". Just saying that bit in bold, doesn't make it any easier to accept even though I know you're absolutely correct.

My cousin, who's a STH at Palace:

If Everton go through with the 30 mil for yannick they're truly getting their pants pulled down.

Just a heads up dont expect a lot in terms of end product/shots/crosses just a lot of stepovers that lead to nothing and you can keep hold of niasse aswell we don't want him ??

My cousin, who's a STH at Palace:

If Everton go through with the 30 mil for yannick they're truly getting their pants pulled down.

Just a heads up dont expect a lot in terms of end product/shots/crosses just a lot of stepovers that lead to nothing and you can keep hold of niasse aswell we don't want him ??

STH? Sexually Transmitted Horror?

yeah 80k a week isn't that much in this market. still hoping that Bailey is right and it's closer to 20m with add ons.

So he's effectively at least a £45m signing over 5 years, fee and wages included. That is just nuts.

I've said it before I like him, sure it's a lot of dough but who isn't these days. I'm started to get excited about this team under koeman we will dog everybody.

me too finn, i think we've added a lot of quality and depth, gonna be a great season. not to mention i love ronny as a manager, i think we might surprise some people this year.

I'm no mega fan but the crossing thing...no end product and that...I'm sure I remember watching him and thinking if nothing else this lad can cross a ball..very dangerously..or am I thinking of another palace player?

I'm no mega fan but the crossing thing...no end product and that...I'm sure I remember watching him and thinking if nothing else this lad can cross a ball..very dangerously..or am I thinking of another palace player?

Puncheon on his day maybe. Best I've seen of Bolasie was a short stint behind being a menace. I don't think he's a bad player just not an upgrade on what we have. If we're getting a squad player i would have preferred Brady. Although for the money Moshiri is spending and try for Navas or Lallana.

BOLASIE STILL AT PALACE

Yannick Bolasie is still awaiting permission from Crystal Palace to travel to Merseyside to tie up his move to Everton, according to Sky sources.

The fee for the 27-year-old - which could rise to £30m - has been agreed between the two Premier League clubs.

However, the DR Congo international is yet to travel to Goodison Park and is expected to train with Palace today.

Providing he passes a medical and agrees personal terms, Bolasie will become the most-expensive signing in Everton’s 138-year history.

Wonder why they wont give him permission to come up. Doesn't make any sense to agree a fee with us then refuse to let him come up?

It is probably to do with the Benteke deal. They want to make sure they have him before letting Bolasie come to Everton. Same as Stones to City, we wouldn't have let him go if we knew we couldn't get a CB in straight away.

Looks like this is happening, and while I don't mind the player I can't say I'm happy about this deal. 30m. Ugh.

Why wouldn't we just be in for the Lyon winger? One third of the price, perhaps a bit more of a risk in terms of quality but doesn't seem far off from Bolasie to be honest.

Guest rusty747

He is worth waiting for.

Be patient and I think this will happen.

If the deal is £25m initial fee plus add ons, that's fine with me. I'm looking forward to seeing options on the bench who can change things. Four wingers, all with pace and a trick or two.

Watched the end of the palace game. Just that one last passage of play with him as sub excited me... pace 1 - 2 drew a challenge from 2 players that could or should have been a penalty.

Big strong pacey mischief.

Another option, someone who can just do something a bit different from our other players. Someone like him off the bench yesterday instead of Kone could have been a 2-1 win. And another lad who works hard, we saw what hard work did to the crowd yesterday.