IGNORED

Yannick Bolasie

It's an inflated market though yesterday's £15/20m is £30m now

The lads a great player IMO by far Palace's best player who on his day can turn a game on its head

Do people really think we'd attract players who have what he does on his day consistently and be able to afford them?

I've said before I rate him and acknowledge he's not as consistent as I'd like but there's not many that are plus he always turns up against the shite

Only my opinion and I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but I'll be very happy tbh

Guest rusty747

Marque signings ??????? Must have got confused with tents.

Gerry Mirallas and Lennon can do what Bolasie does on the pitch.

Panic buy if you ask me.

Not sure its a panic buy. Due to the rather complicated new finance rules we had to generate a profit to be able to increase the total wage bill by more than £7 mill per season.

Now that we have offloaded Stones the transfers that were in the pipeline can now take place. I think that is why we look like signing new players immediately Stones has gone.

For me, he is a good signing and will give us strength and a nasty streak on the wing.

Another good striker and another cb before the close of the window and my optimism levels will be right up there again.

Guest rusty747

Dare we dream?

Steklenburg or Butland/Forster

Coleman Jags Williams Baines

Gana

Gerry. Barkley. Mata. Bolaise

Rom

Edited by rusty747

Not sure its a panic buy. Due to the rather complicated new finance rules we had to generate a profit to be able to increase the total wage bill by more than £7 mill per season.

Now that we have offloaded Stones the transfers that were in the pipeline can now take place. I think that is why we look like signing new players immediately Stones has gone.

For me, he is a good signing and will give us strength and a nasty streak on the wing.

Another good striker and another cb before the close of the window and my optimism levels will be right up there again.

Don't forget a proper keeper.

This is still crazy money for a player of his age and pedigree.

I think it is a slight panic buy. We had the cash for Bolasie months ago. We didn't need to sell Stones to create funds for players.

For me this is a quick let's show the fans we can get someone in after moving a big one out.

Only its Bolasie :-(

I think it is a slight panic buy. We had the cash for Bolasie months ago. We didn't need to sell Stones to create funds for players.

For me this is a quick let's show the fans we can get someone in after moving a big one out.

why would walsh do that? you forget that bill k isn't running the show anymore, moshiri and the russian are.

Guest rusty747

Yes, we had the money to buy him but we are not allowed to increase the total wage bill by more than 7 million a year plus a percentage of our trading profits.

In order to generate enough wriggle room to offer a competitive salary we almost certainly had to get Stones salary off the books and factor in his transfer fee.

Having the money is one thing. Being allowed to spend it is, unfortunately, quite another.

Looks like he'll be as divisive as Rom then! Must be something about Congolese players...

I'm firmly in the 'he'll have Goodison on its feet' camp. In a good way. Should just be coming into his peak, quick, Okocha-like ability on the ball. Four proper wingers at the club, means we're going to see some proper width again.

Edited by nogs

why would walsh do that? you forget that bill k isn't running the show anymore, moshiri and the russian are.

and apparently our scouts. I wasnt happy when we were first linked with him, and he was in his purple patch then. Complete waste of money and looks like Koeman is just putting a Mané in.

Oh well. Guess I'm gonna go against the grain.

I like Bolasie. Always have. He's a right tricky git who can do some real good stuff. Proper unpredictable wide man. So I'm happy we've signed him.

BUT...I'm not happy about the fee! Football has lost the plot.

(Although rumours are Niasse goes the other way...so....wahay for some if you surely?!!!)

Oh well. Guess I'm gonna go against the grain.

I like Bolasie. Always have. He's a right tricky git who can do some real good stuff. Proper unpredictable wide man. So I'm happy we've signed him.

BUT...I'm not happy about the fee! Football has lost the plot.

(Although rumours are Niasse goes the other way...so....wahay for some if you surely?!!!)

Watch Niasse score a brace against us at Goodison if it happens. Only Everton.