Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
duncanmckenzieismagic

Yannick Bolasie

Recommended Posts

Completely not bothered by what he’s said or hasn’t said. He wasn’t even in the squad today, let alone team. 

Though maybe we could have done with him on the bench. Couldnt have done any worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

he's got no connection with villa either, they sent him back to us early!

Let’s hope he’s gone soon. Fuck me 80k a week? Saying that Walcotts on 100k and he can’t side foot a volley into a open net 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StevO said:

People really bothered about that tweet? Couldn’t care less personally. If he’s got an axe to grind so be it. 

Wish I could be that way but when someone disrespects the things I care most about in life, I want retribution as Mike would say I’ve gone biblical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m missing something here aren’t I? 

Without clicking the link... it just says Oooff 

I mean come on, he should be shot surely, never heard language like that in my life! Surely the government will step in here. How can he get away with saying Ooofff? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shukes said:

I’m missing something here aren’t I? 

Without clicking the link... it just says Oooff 

I mean come on, he should be shot surely, never heard language like that in my life! Surely the government will step in here. How can he get away with saying Ooofff? 

Why don’t you Ooofff off 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Wish I could be that way but when someone disrespects the things I care most about in life, I want retribution as Mike would say I’ve gone biblical. 

But has he disrespected anything? He’s made one tweet with one word and you’re choosing to be offended by it. There is no reference to anything and people are just assuming he’s slagging off the club somehow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, StevO said:

But has he disrespected anything? He’s made one tweet with one word and you’re choosing to be offended by it. There is no reference to anything and people are just assuming he’s slagging off the club somehow. 

Exactly. “To take offence” - it’s not give offence. Twitter is a sewer because it gives no context. There is no way to know that he’s saying that to have a dig or if he actually feels disappointed. The time stamp is just about full time so it could be either, of if the time stamp is at the moment of their second goal whilst we were putting pressure on, it could be relating to the sucker punch. People in cyber space see what they want so much more than in reality 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I’m missing something here aren’t I? 

Without clicking the link... it just says Oooff 

I mean come on, he should be shot surely, never heard language like that in my life! Surely the government will step in here. How can he get away with saying Ooofff? 

The problem I have is in the DC of Congo ooofff means how did walcott miss that chance? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, StevO said:

But has he disrespected anything? He’s made one tweet with one word and you’re choosing to be offended by it. There is no reference to anything and people are just assuming he’s slagging off the club somehow. 

I did state in another post I’d like him to explain what that meant because I don’t know neither do you, I’ve chosen one view you’ve chosen another but what ever it’s unnecessary in my opinion for him an Everton player to make a tweet that is unclear to most what he meant by it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I did state in another post I’d like him to explain what that meant because I don’t know neither do you, I’ve chosen one view you’ve chosen another but what ever it’s unnecessary in my opinion for him an Everton player to make a tweet that is unclear to most what he meant by it. 

But why would he need to explain it? It’s just a tweet and says absolutely nothing. You’ve chosen an opinion that has altered your mood and upset you. That’s not a good thing mate, just let it go and treat it as exactly what it is; one word with no context. Trust me, you’ll feel better if you don’t let yourself get offended by this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Matt said:

My French must be off then :P 

It's not French Matt, it's Kongo (native language of DR Congo) for, "dammit what an awful shame for my esteemed team-mates". Check it on Google Translate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Is that for real? 

Erm....yes, or more likely no.

Stuff can be lost in translation and my knowledge of the African tongue is rusty (though I know how to say "I love you" in Xhosa if that's any help).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Erm....yes, or more likely no.

Stuff can be lost in translation and my knowledge of the African tongue is rusty (though I know how to say "I love you" in Xhosa if that's any help).

Ok I walked into that one🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

How long have they got on their contracts? Be good if we could cancel their contracts and they can go on free transfers. Wishful thinking I know 

What would be the benefit of cancelling their contracts? We’d still have to pay the rest of their wages 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Clubs cancel players contracts all the time. That’s up to the club, player and agent to agree to a deal obviously that works for all parties. 

If they’ve done something wrong usually. But I see what you mean, like negotiate a sooner end to the existing contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matt said:

What would be the benefit of cancelling their contracts? We’d still have to pay the rest of their wages 

If the player agrees to a mutual termination, then any future wages are forfeit. If the players contract is terminated without an agreement in place (i.e. - a sacking) then any wages owed would have to be paid outright. 

The fact that Bolasie, Martina and Niasse won't find the wages they are currently on elsewhere makes staying at Everton a lucrative proposition. Why move to another club for a fraction of the money when you have a guaranteed income where you are? Everton won't be too interested in paying them up early either as in an absolute crisis players like Oumar can be used. 

Taking the emotion out of it, you'd do the same in the shoes of some of these players. If you were employed at Parma for example on £100,000 a week would you walk away from it simply because the fans didn't want you there? A contract is agreed by two parties, don't offer it if you don't want to see it through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

If the player agrees to a mutual termination, then any future wages are forfeit. If the players contract is terminated without an agreement in place (i.e. - a sacking) then any wages owed would have to be paid outright. 

The fact that Bolasie, Martina and Niasse won't find the wages they are currently on elsewhere makes staying at Everton a lucrative proposition. Why move to another club for a fraction of the money when you have a guaranteed income where you are? Everton won't be too interested in paying them up early either as in an absolute crisis players like Oumar can be used. 

Taking the emotion out of it, you'd do the same in the shoes of some of these players. If you were employed at Parma for example on £100,000 a week would you walk away from it simply because the fans didn't want you there? A contract is agreed by two parties, don't offer it if you don't want to see it through. 

Ambition? Self respect? Pride? Faith in your own ability?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

scored the winner (and only goal) for Sporting today in the Europa League.  Let's hope they love him there and want to buy him in the summer

Imagine if they were stupid enough to give us even £5m for him. I think I'd do cartwheels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a 4-4-2, he may find himself as a back-up option next season. I can’t see there being a queue of teams in for him (mainly due to what £££ he must be on) and I can’t see us signing too many players, so he may just find himself a place in the squad - to the annoyance of many!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, c1982 said:

In a 4-4-2, he may find himself as a back-up option next season. I can’t see there being a queue of teams in for him (mainly due to what £££ he must be on) and I can’t see us signing too many players, so he may just find himself a place in the squad - to the annoyance of many!!!

honestly i had forgotten about this guy!  it will be interesting to see when Carlo gets all the loaned players back this summer if he decides to stick with any (Bolasie, Besic, Sandro?) or if he does the same as previous managers and wants rid.  you're right, maybe he could be a bench option, we desperately need RW players, he and walcott could rotate over there.  i wonder what his speed is like after that injury, he was a bulldozer on the right and fast, he just needs to work on his crossing and link up play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...