IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

• 2 months later...

The guy is a very good player. But he needs to start impacting games rather than looking neat & tidy on the ball. It's as though he's playing a training match with no goals either end. He just has to pass to someone with the same bibb on. No impact at all.

• 5 weeks later...

i like the guy more with each passing day. class act.

to your point bill - could be worth a try, he is usually played as either a CB or DCM with Bosnia so he's not necessarily used to being heavily involved in the attack, but i think it's worth a shot.

he seems to me that he could be in the mold of a sergio busquets, primarily a defender who is the only sitter who can distribute and pass. but who knows, he's just getting started, he could elevate his game to another level attacking wise.

Been disappointed with Barkley, dribbles and dribbles until he runs into a dead end and loses the ball, also tends to make cock ups with his passing, loses impact every time at the end of a run.

He gets surrounded, spins this way and that, then either loses it or passes backwards, 50% of his passes dont make it to our players.

Edited by Bill

Been disappointed with Barkley, dribbles and dribbles until he runs into a dead end and loses the ball, also tends to make cock ups with his passing, loses impact every time at the end of a run.

He gets surrounded, spins this way and that, then either loses it or passes backwards, 50% of his passes dont make it to our players.

i'm sure at 21 years of age you had the world figured out and were perfect too.

Besic doesn't fit our system Matt. Clearly evident we don't click when he's the link from defence and attack.

we said the same about ross barkley when he was sent back from leeds and played for 30 minutes under moyes. give him a proper full season and actual opportunities (ie bench barry or sell mccarthy) and i bet he will do just fine.

Besic gives a lot of hustle and heart, but I don't think he's ever going to be a star in this league. I think he serves as good cover, but even with age, I don't see him being the type of player to bring us trophies, top 6 finishes if he's in our starting eleven week in week out. I think those who love him are coming at it from an emotional look rather than reviewing his actual performance.

we said the same about ross barkley when he was sent back from leeds and played for 30 minutes under moyes. give him a proper full season and actual opportunities (ie bench barry or sell mccarthy) and i bet he will do just fine.

I hear this far too often on the forum.

I rate the lad as an individual but the current set up he doesn't suit.

Edited by MC11

Besic doesn't fit our system Matt. Clearly evident we don't click when he's the link from defence and attack.

Again, you're writing someone off without understanding the bigger picture. Besic is key to the future, he and McCarthy can be formidable. He's not there to do the short pass link, that's McCarthys role. What he can do is spread the play, but he needs game time to improve. His long ball distribution is fantastic.

Again, you're writing someone off without understanding the bigger picture. Besic is key to the future, he and McCarthy can be formidable. He's not there to do the short pass link, that's McCarthys role. What he can do is spread the play, but he needs game time to improve. His long ball distribution is fantastic.

We'll see.

I know a video can make any player look good but how this fella is not in our team is a mystery to me, ability, speed, and a great pass on him.

i would like to see him played further up just behind the strikers, sure he would be more dangerous than Barkley.

couple of years ago but can only get better.

Am I the only one that notices Besic has very good control, an excellent turn, can take players on and can find a pass?

He plays as a defensive mid, but whenever he pushes forward he looks better to me.

Don't judge a player by their position.

• 1 month later...

The OS quotes Roberto: "It's not nothing too serious." Translating the double negative, that seems to mean it's serious. So, November

Unless it was a misprint, and Roberto actually said, "It's nothing too serious." So, November.

:lol: