IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

Just watched all his highlights from the World Cup.

Definitely a very raw talent that needs sharpening around the edges. Tackling ability not too sure on. Poor in the air. Loads of work needed IMO.

However his distribution seems to be very neat and tidy. Positional sense is good. I don't see him coming in and having a major influence next season. He's just not as good as McCarthy or Barry. However with the extra games he'll be a decent enough body.

Can see him improving here though and probably partnering McCarthy at done point.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Just watched all his highlights from the World Cup.

Definitely a very raw talent that needs sharpening around the edges. Tackling ability not too sure on. Poor in the air. Loads of work needed IMO.

However his distribution seems to be very neat and tidy. Positional sense is good. I don't see him coming in and having a major influence next season. He's just not as good as McCarthy or Barry. However with the extra games he'll be a decent enough body.

Can see him improving here though and probably partnering McCarthy at done point.

I think that's why the Barry deal is such a good one as he will undoubtedly help nurture both McCarthy and (if he signs) Besic

The talent is there for me and having a player that can distribute the ball that well as Barry once did in his Villa days is invaluable and something we currently lack.

I know he's far from a Pirlo esque player but he does seem to have a good pass on him and I'm not one for long ball hoofs as we once had from Neville and at times jags but a player that can accurately pick a runner gives us that extra dimension.

SSN are calling him a striker... Great reporting there.

Just the fact they're even picking up on it means they're doing well. They'll have him nailed on to sign for Tottenham by morning then slash their odds on their own betting site to odds on, rake in the money from stupid punters then he'll sign for us.

How they get away with having a news channel and betting site is beyond me. Talk about a conflict of interest!!!

Just the fact they're even picking up on it means they're doing well. They'll have him nailed on to sign for Tottenham by morning then slash their odds on their own betting site to odds on, rake in the money from stupid punters then he'll sign for us.

How they get away with having a news channel and betting site is beyond me. Talk about a conflict of interest!!!

Not as big a conflict as most BPL clubs having betting companies as a major sponsor - several of them having the same one as sponsor.

Another typical transfer window we should have at least 10 mil spare after last seasons dealings but bill the cunr will stall and cock about. Back to this days where we won't sign someone for money for two years. What's the stall on lukaku sign him or don't but get the fuck on with it.

Another typical transfer window we should have at least 10 mil spare after last seasons dealings but bill the cunr will stall and cock about. Back to this days where we won't sign someone for money for two years. What's the stall on lukaku sign him or don't but get the fuck on with it.

You'd rather pay 5m over the odds simply because you have no patience? If so, I have a nice car I'd like to sell you.

I think everyone just wants to see a player brought in to be honest, it's just a bit soul destroying watching your direct competition buying players and us nothing.

Why? In many cases, they are overpaying. And have they thought through how these players will blend with the team? Spurs didn't last year. Waiting until the moment is right takes discipline, but it's how we should do business. As someone else wrote, we fans tend to be like children who can't wait for Christmas.

Guys this is why we usually do good business, we don't rush anything. We consider our options and then do the necessary background work.

If the deal sent right we don't have the money like other clubs to waste.

Then there are the mid table clubs, bring in a name, finish within five places of mid table and your ok. We need to make our money count.

Why? In many cases, they are overpaying. And have they thought through how these players will blend with the team? Spurs didn't last year. Waiting until the moment is right takes discipline, but it's how we should do business. As someone else wrote, we fans tend to be like children who can't wait for Christmas.

Because fans are impatient. They see other clubs buying players and want to see their club do the same. I would imagine all fans are the same if their club isn't signing players and they are expected to. It's just a case of everyone wanting to see new faces and wanting to know what direction the club are going. After such a good season last season people are hungry to see us push on and eager to see new players wearing our colours and get excited and talk about it. It's just a natural thing that fans do. Whether you think it's right or wrong or I do it's just a natural reaction.

Because fans are impatient. They see other clubs buying players and want to see their club do the same. I would imagine all fans are the same if their club isn't signing players and they are expected to. It's just a case of everyone wanting to see new faces and wanting to know what direction the club are going. After such a good season last season people are hungry to see us push on and eager to see new players wearing our colours and get excited and talk about it. It's just a natural thing that fans do. Whether you think it's right or wrong or I do it's just a natural reaction.

I don't understand this logic. If you're consciously aware that Everton takings its time to evaluate all options, then why would you whine about players not coming in immediately? Don't you want what's best for the team? Do you think everyone else here preaching patience isn't eager to see who the new players will be? Hell, I'm sure Roberto Martinez is itching to make some moves and would love to have 5 new guys in for training tomorrow morning. It's not that we don't want knew signings. It's that our understanding of how the business works trumps our need to act like a bunch of fucking five-year-olds who demand instant gratification and a new shiny toy to play with.

posted this afternoon. apparently besic is in austria. curious he's in the same country as everton.

attachicon.gifbesic.jpg

An sports journo who's apparently in the know whilst listening to talksport on the way home from work this morning "confirmed" Besic is indeed in Austria with the squad but is confused as to why the club have not announced the deal yet which he said was completed at some point last week.

Also said a deal had been agreed with Chelsea and Lukaku and it's just a matter of time until it's official, nothing we have not already heard but he did seem to know his stuff about a fair few transfers and club dealings across Europe.

Edited by EFC-Paul