IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

I didn't say it should be rushed, but if He's travelling with the side and wearing our gear it's quite clear he's signed.

It has nothing to do with how much he is being paid either it's just nice to feel wanted. Any player that signs gets photo shots, interviewed and unveiled and talked up. It endears them to the fans and lets the player know he means something and gives them a feel of what the club and fans are like. Why should he be any different.

I'm also not particularly bothered if they unveil him now or next week I was just saying it's been strange that the club have been so silent on him . If he's walking out with the squad to go to Thailand why have the club not uttered a word?

Just seems a strange thing to do.

It's obvious why circumstances, he will when they get back from Thailand that's pretty obvious if he has indeed signed

What other option do they have delay the trip to unveil him it's obvious what will happen so i can't see any reason to question it what so ever or create some cloak and dagger theory!?

The reference to money is that you said I can't see him being happy about it, why would he be bothered if he's to be unveiled when he gets back he will know the script and if I was just given a huge pay rise and a better standard of work and prospects the last thing I would be thinking about is having a photo taken a week or so earlier than usual.

I ain't arsed about this transfer. He's not going to de-thrown McCarthy or Barry so right now I don't see it as an improvement. Where the fucks the strikers like?

I see this as a good transfer. If anything it adds competition to McCarthy, Barry and even Gibson. It will hardly "de-thrown" them all. He can also play as a CB does that mean it "de-throwns" Stones progress as well?

It's obvious why circumstances, he will when they get back from Thailand that's pretty obvious if he has indeed signed

What other option do they have delay the trip to unveil him it's obvious what will happen so i can't see any reason to question it what so ever or create some cloak and dagger theory!?

The reference to money is that you said I can't see him being happy about it, why would he be bothered if he's to be unveiled when he gets back he will know the script and if I was just given a huge pay rise and a better standard of work and prospects the last thing I would be thinking about is having a photo taken a week or so earlier than usual.

You 're missing my point. It was the total silence even when he was travelling with the squad I found strange. It is now, however not strange anymore as it's on the official site and confirmed

I see this as a good transfer. If anything it adds competition to McCarthy, Barry and even Gibson. It will hardly "de-thrown" them all. He can also play as a CB does that mean it "de-throwns" Stones progress as well?

Hahaha What are you rambling on about.

If you read I you'll see I said he won't de-thrown McCarthy or Barry. A squad player for now. We need a fucking striker not DM. I couldn't give two shites if you think it's a good transfer right now it doesn't arse me because the starting 11 is still no stronger.

Love that we know it's basically a done deal, but still no "official" announcement. Just that he's traveling with the squad.. which we've suspected for a while.

At least they've told us now which is the right thing to so. Reading what he said about Ferencvaros it seems we've been waiting for them to give us permission to speak about him being our player before it's actually done (if that makes sense)

If you read I you'll see I said he won't de-thrown McCarthy or Barry. A squad player for now. We need a fucking striker not DM. I couldn't give two shites if you think it's a good transfer right now it doesn't arse me because the starting 11 is still no stronger.

Is that some sort of wrestling parlance that I don't understand or do you mean dethrone?

Not at all. It's called making people look good in public so they'll work with you again in the future.

Yeh, because we do this with every transfer. We get the player in, We take him on a trip whilst hes still contracted to another club and send them a nice message to say you've been great up to this point. Looooool

Of course there's still snags otherwise he 'd be our player now.

Yeh, because we do this with every transfer. We get the player in, We take him on a trip whilst hes still contracted to another club and send them a nice message to say you've been great up to this point. Looooool

Of course there's still snags otherwise he 'd be our player now.

I'd reading it as making a judgement call that whatever is left to do on the deal will be sorted, otherwise we wouldn't be taking him with us; we've never taken an unsigned player away with us before as far as I can recall.

Yaaaawn.

Just that you always tell people to go back and read your threads again because they've misinterpreted you; was just checking.

I know what you were getting at entirely but it was just obvious with the lads being half way around the world they wouldn't even if the deal was concluded today be any form of unveiling there just couldn't be plus it wasn't confirmed sort of pointed to the obvious :)

I wasn't having a pop or anything mate I'm just a bit tired of seeing something positive happen and people putting a negative spin on things not aimed at you by the way, there's 39 days left and people are acting like it's the last week and fearing the worst.

Anyway I'm chuffed with bringing him in I liked what I saw admittedly not a great amount during the world cup but he does look a very tidy and well rounded player who's highly rated by many not so by very few and at £4m it's peanuts in today's game.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I'd reading it as making a judgement call that whatever is left to do on the deal will be sorted, otherwise we wouldn't be taking him with us; we've never taken an unsigned player away with us before as far as I can recall.

Just that you always tell people to go back and read your threads again because they've misinterpreted you; was just checking.

You left another one in the kopite thread. About me loving Sturridge as man to man or something.. I don't get the wit. You should start a countdown thread or something... Won't find me in there like.

I know what you mean mate but you can't make the assumption he won't displace either of those not many rated McCarthy when he was a touted target and admittedly I was pretty shocked and dismayed at Barry coming and I was gladly proven wrong

Stones Gibson Barry McCarthy "disregarding his fee" to name but a few all were either unknowns or deemed by many not good enough etc

I've a good feeling about the lad tbh I could be completely wrong but we shall see

You left another one in the kopite thread. About me loving Sturridge as man to man or something.. I don't get the wit. You should start a countdown thread or something... Won't find me in there like.

I should change the way I post because you don't get it?

Seems reasonable.

He 's 21, he could turn into a steal abd blow everyone away or turn into an Osman and be a steady team player without being much else he could also turn out shite, but he's young and already broken into his national team and has been bought to go into the first team squad so he obviously has something in Zmartinez eyes so that'll be remain to be seen.

I'm pleased with it, I also have a feeling he's going to surprise us. I think if we had signed a Liukaku, Bony, Cerci or something last week the mood of this signing would be a lot better.

Either way, welcome Mohammed lad, you're one of us now :)

I should change the way I post because you don't get it?

Seems reasonable.

It seems its you who doesn't get my posts. I'm fine with your posts. Haven't asked you to change the way you post. I just don't get your wit/condescending replies when you can't grasp mine. That's all.

I know what you mean mate but you can't make the assumption he won't displace either of those not many rated McCarthy when he was a touted target and admittedly I was pretty shocked and dismayed at Barry coming and I was gladly proven wrong

Stones Gibson Barry McCarthy "disregarding his fee" to name but a few all were either unknowns or deemed by many not good enough etc

I've a good feeling about the lad tbh I could be completely wrong but we shall see

It's not that he ain't good enough. I've seen enough of him to know he's got great potential and isn't far off. However that position is nailed by McCarthy and Barry. For that reason I just don't see him breaking into the 11 (yet).

There is a position with a massive hole in it and it needs filling. That's when I'll get excited.

It's not that he ain't good enough. I've seen enough of him to know he's got great potential and isn't far off. However that position is nailed by McCarthy and Barry. For that reason I just don't see him breaking into the 11 (yet).

There is a position with a massive hole in it and it needs filling. That's when I'll get excited.

With the game we have this season, I think its important to get a long term Barry replacement already in the squad. Its also important that he can cover both positions as most of the other potential players cant (Gibson, Barkley, Osman etc)

Bailey, how on earth can't Gibson cover that position? that's where he plays. If you're doubting his fitness, ok. But providing he's fit he's more than capable.

I really don't get the whining about this. Yes, we need a striker - we all know that, and the club will deal with it without paying over the odds - but we also need squad depth, and that's what this move is all about - as well as planning for the future. This guy not only plays for his national team, but he was voted their best player at the World Cup. To get him for the quoted price is a steal.

Bailey, how on earth can't Gibson cover that position? that's where he plays. If you're doubting his fitness, ok. But providing he's fit he's more than capable.

Gibson cant cover McCarthy... he is too slow and not particularly mobile. McCarthy's game is all about energy and his role needs that energy.