IGNORED

Oldies.....but goodies?

Oztoffee

When I were a lad a lot of blokes used to take newcomers in the pub for a ride by asking what seemed to be easy questions but were actually very odd and sometimes too hard. Winner got a pint of Higsons Brown, needless to say the newcomers always ended up paying.

Questions like these....remember these were 50 years ago!

1. What is taken to every Cup Final but never used?

2. Who played for both sides in the 1959 Cup Final?

If you know the answers please feel free to post them. Otherwise add your own experiences of these off-the-cuff pub quizzes.

When I were a lad a lot of blokes used to take newcomers in the pub for a ride by asking what seemed to be easy questions but were actually very odd and sometimes too hard. Winner got a pint of Higsons Brown, needless to say the newcomers always ended up paying.

Questions like these....remember these were 50 years ago!

1. What is taken to every Cup Final but never used?

2. Who played for both sides in the 1959 Cup Final?

If you know the answers please feel free to post them. Otherwise add your own experiences of these off-the-cuff pub quizzes.

1. Losing teams ribbons?

2. No idea, but I assume there was an own-goal involved?

I know the closest two grounds in the UK are Dundee and Dundee United but I've no idea what's between them; still tending to think the question is a play on words and my first guess was right (and if it's not it should have been :shaking fist:).

There's a good cricket related one too.

Q. Who are the only father and son ever to play for their country in the same game?

If you get this one you are really clever and a little anal too!

I know this one. I know this one. They played for the West Indies right? And they both scored a century, right? No way I can remember the names, though.