IGNORED

David Henen

Hmm, that puts a whole new spin on it. It almost sounds like he is half resigned to not getting him. "He would go straight into the under 21s" then goes on about giving him the chance to develop.

It's turned into a right saga this. Why do we do things like this and let it drag out. I feel sorry for the lad he's obviously desperate to come to us and he's just been left in limbo not knowing where his future lies.

Time to get this one sorted one way or another blues although Martinez "in the next couple of WEEKS" comment doesn't have me holding my breath on this happening or not happening soon.

That's what he's been saying from the start. He's never been part of anyone's first team squad, so it'd be weird if he walked into ours.

That's what he's been saying from the start. He's never been part of anyone's first team squad, so it'd be weird if he walked into ours.

I meant the rumours of him signing over the next few days are obviously not true and the way he is talking now is almost like he's saying "oh we'll he was only going in the rezzies anyway"

I know he isn't exactly saying that but reading into what he's saying it's almost like he's resigned to losing him. He's hardly up beat or positive about it just "he's going into the under 21s so I'm not overly concerned kind of attitude.

I meant the rumours of him signing over the next few days are obviously not true and the way he is talking now is almost like he's saying "oh we'll he was only going in the rezzies anyway"

I know he isn't exactly saying that but reading into what he's saying it's almost like he's resigned to losing him. He's hardly up beat or positive about it just "he's going into the under 21s so I'm not overly concerned kind of attitude.

Well, it would be foolish for him to make a big deal out of nothing, wouldn't it. Really think you're reading too much into this.

Well, it would be foolish for him to make a big deal out of nothing, wouldn't it. Really think you're reading too much into this.

Not as foolish as us bringing him over and letting him announce it all over twitter etc before any deal was even in place.

I've watched the actual interview now and he actually says that "maybe" we will look into doing something in the next couple of weeks which leads me to think he isn't sure if he wants him or not yet or he's unsure a deal can be brokered. He then goes on to say that he would only be a rezzy anyway (he'd been asked about transfers for first team prior)

Either way it wasn't what I was expecting to hear him say about Henen after it being proclaimed it was finally a done deal yesterday in various places and also after it's dragged out for some long.

Hence my "that's put a different spin on it" comment.

Edited by Paddock

Not as foolish as us bringing him over and letting him announce it all over twitter etc before any deal was even in place.

I've watched the actual interview now and he actually says that "maybe" we will look into doing something in the next couple of weeks which leads me to think he isn't sure if he wants him or not yet or he's unsure a deal can be brokered. He then goes on to say that he would only be a rezzy anyway (he'd been asked about transfers for first team prior)

Either way it wasn't what I was expecting to hear him say about Henen after it being proclaimed it was finally a done deal yesterday in various places and also after it's dragged out for some long.

Hence my "that's put a different spin on it" comment.

I think the only person reporting that it was a done deal was fourth official on twitter, who has no connection to anything regarding the club's transfer dealings.

I personally think Roberto and the club want to downplay the situation a bit and take some pressure off the kid. The way some are reacting to the "Henen saga", it's as if they expect him to be a major part of our plans, and he won't be. He's the "next Belgian Ronaldo", not Ronaldo. Just let it be, people. The kid got excited about joining and then got frustrated with how the business of it has been playing out. He shouldn't have said anything on twitter. But, he's a kid, and kids tend to not think about what they say in public. I think maybe his agent and the club should've been clearer with him about what to say and what not to say.

The Belgian football journo who's led this story from the start tweeted this yesterday, which suggested it was all over bar the shouting:

Sven Claes @svenclaes
Henen to #Everton will be done in a few days. Belgian starlet from Anderlecht already decided to stay at Finch Farm. Nothing to worry. #EFC
I expect Roberto is sick of being asked about him by now so it would be good if they could get it finalised one way or another. After all this, if he does eventually sign it'll be interesting to see how he gets on

I think the only person reporting that it was a done deal was fourth official on twitter, who has no connection to anything regarding the club's transfer dealings.

I personally think Roberto and the club want to downplay the situation a bit and take some pressure off the kid. The way some are reacting to the "Henen saga", it's as if they expect him to be a major part of our plans, and he won't be. He's the "next Belgian Ronaldo", not Ronaldo. Just let it be, people. The kid got excited about joining and then got frustrated with how the business of it has been playing out. He shouldn't have said anything on twitter. But, he's a kid, and kids tend to not think about what they say in public. I think maybe his agent and the club should've been clearer with him about what to say and what not to say.

Why would we need to play him down. Martinez has said from the very start he was to go straight in the rezzies and that's where he would be for the foreseeable so why on earth would we need to play the transfer down? Sorry matey but he was a 1.5 million signing bought as a prospect and there is absolutely no pressure on him whatsoever.

The club have fucked up by letting it all get so public when it appears we are miles away from a deal with his parent club. He couldn't,t of made it any clearer he wants to play for us so either we now aren't so sure after seeng him train with us or we can't agree a deal with Anderlecht,

Either way none of this is the lads fault (on the surface anyway) and now Martinez I saying w may look to do something in the next couple of weeks. To me "may" is the operative word in all of this.

Why would we need to play him down. Martinez has said from the very start he was to go straight in the rezzies and that's where he would be for the foreseeable so why on earth would we need to play the transfer down? Sorry matey but he was a 1.5 million signing bought as a prospect and there is absolutely no pressure on him whatsoever.

The club have fucked up by letting it all get so public when it appears we are miles away from a deal with his parent club. He couldn't,t of made it any clearer he wants to play for us so either we now aren't so sure after seeng him train with us or we can't agree a deal with Anderlecht,

Either way none of this is the lads fault (on the surface anyway) and now Martinez I saying w may look to do something in the next couple of weeks. To me "may" is the operative word in all of this.

Until there's an official confirmation on the official website (not on @FourthOfficial_), "may" is indeed the operative word. That's nothing new, is it?

Until there's an official confirmation on the official website (not on @FourthOfficial_), "may" is indeed the operative word. That's nothing new, is it?

Come on Steve, you know what I mean. The lad has been here weeks now her,s tweeting how much he wants to join us and a couple of weeks down the line we're now saying we MAY do something in the next couple of weeks. In what planet is that good for everyone involved. Why even bring the lad over and get his hopes up like that only to now say we might do something then again we might not.

It's wrong, the club have fucked up on this. Everything should have been in place before they let it out so publicly.

It can hardly be doing the lads confidence any good either.

Maybe he's not as good as people have thought?

He's been given a chance to shine at our training ground and the manager isn't breaking his neck to sign him.

Not saying it's his fault but I don't think the manager needs to be criticised for it either.

It's more our own feverish and relentless quest to seek out rumours that has built this up.

Maybe he's not as good as people have thought?

He's been given a chance to shine at our training ground and the manager isn't breaking his neck to sign him.

Not saying it's his fault but I don't think the manager needs to be criticised for it either.

It's more our own feverish and relentless quest to seek out rumours that has built this up.

It's hardly seeking out a rumour Shukes mate, he's been tweeting about joining us and the club have been very open about him training with us and stuff so it's not like we're second guessing whether we're in for him.

If he's not good enough or we're not keen we should do the decent thing and let him go back to Anderlecht. He's been here weeks how much of a "look" do we need.

I'm not blaming Martinez by the way because I don't know what the reason is why it's dragging on so much but it's getting like a saga from Coronation Street now.

It needs sorting one way or the other.

It took ages for the Galloway deal to get done as well. They're just trying to get a deal done, but it's probably not priority number one right, now. I have no idea why everyone is so anxious for everything to get resolved as soon as fucking possible.

So he can get training and start settling in ASAP.

Why wouldn't we want it done as soon as?

Hmm, that puts a whole new spin on it. It almost sounds like he is half resigned to not getting him. "He would go straight into the under 21s" then goes on about giving him the chance to develop.

It's turned into a right saga this. Why do we do things like this and let it drag out. I feel sorry for the lad he's obviously desperate to come to us and he's just been left in limbo not knowing where his future lies.

Time to get this one sorted one way or another blues although Martinez "in the next couple of WEEKS" comment doesn't have me holding my breath on this happening or not happening soon.

"At the moment there's nothing done but it's something we may consider over the next two to three weeks."

Ha ha somebody better tell Roberto that the window closes in 11 days time!

You know he is training and settling in.

So the deal needs doing then. What's the point if we only "maybe " do something in 2 to 3 weeks?

Also there's no way he can be fully focused his head must be all over the place a t the minute not even knowing where he'll be this season.

So the deal needs doing then. What's the point if we only "maybe " do something in 2 to 3 weeks?

Also there's no way he can be fully focused his head must be all over the place a t the minute not even knowing where he'll be this season.

One thing thats been repeated over and over is that he wont be playing for the 1st team, he's one of the future so its not a real concern if hes focused or not for me.

One thing thats been repeated over and over is that he wont be playing for the 1st team, he's one of the future so its not a real concern if hes focused or not for me.

For me it is. We could lose all our strikers before Christmas and he may be asked to step in.

Also just because he's only going in the rezzies doesn't't mean we shouldn't be arsed. If he's one of us then he should be treated like one of our own and looked after.

For me it is. We could lose all our strikers before Christmas and he may be asked to step in.

Also just because he's only going in the rezzies doesn't't mean we shouldn't be arsed. If he's one of us then he should be treated like one of our own and looked after.

Im not saying we shouldnt be arsed, just saying its not a priority and theres nothing to worry about if it drags on a bit.

Who knows, negotiations might be held up because we've got everyone working on 1 or 2 last-minute 1st team deals :)

Im not saying we shouldnt be arsed, just saying its not a priority and theres nothing to worry about if it drags on a bit.

Who knows, negotiations might be held up because we've got everyone working on 1 or 2 last-minute 1st team deals :)

Ever the optimist eh ;)

Edited by Matt

• 2 weeks later...