IGNORED

David Henen

He's been poor in the rezzies, not scoring many and isn't good enough to play in our first team. He's 20 now he should be banging the door down of the first team squad.

I think he got injured for a large chunk of last season. He always seems to be mentioned in game reports I read but at the same time some of them are sub appearances.

I think he got injured for a large chunk of last season. He always seems to be mentioned in game reports I read but at the same time some of them are sub appearances.

He doesn't even start regularly for the rezzies. I guarantee he was offered the contract when Martinez was still manager.

• 1 month later...

Strange how other players get the usual "he's only young" excuse, but not this fella.

Before you dismiss him has anybody actually seen him play.??

The fact he's had 2 seasons here, been shipped out on loan to Fleetwood and not made one single first team appearance by the age of 20 tells me alls I need to know that he isn't good enough.

If you're referring to Lukaku who scored 72 premier league goals, I really don't think there's any point debating this with you.

I trust the people who see him train and play every day that don't include him in the first teams view that he's not good enough. By the age of 20 he should already be in and around the first team.

Edited by Paddock

Bill he's 20 mate, any player who's at that age and can't break into the first team squad is almost always not good enough

pretty sure Ossie didn't until he was 24, Baines was around that too after we signed him.

Hes still got 10-13 years to play, good luck to him.

I just don't think he has the potential we hoped he might have.

The likes of Ossie stuck around, I think players now days will push to leave to play anyway.

I wouldn't count Baines in that though, he was a regular for Wigan.

Edited by StevO

• 9 months later...