IGNORED

Press conference called for "significant club announcement" - 4pm

Please be rom!! Fingers and toes crossed!!

"Significant club announcement" doesn't sound like a new player to me.

My money (as I said in another thread) is on Stones and Barkley new contracts, thus tying down two of the best young players in the country for the long term and a big statement of intent from the club, maybe we've also re-signed Dan Gosling as a bonus :67:. I'd be pleased with that but obviously hope it's something more.

Doesn't say anywhere that it's Martinez press conference, so my money would be stadium or investment and probably BK doing the press conference.

The Echo website says it's Martinez's conference.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-everton-fc-press-conference-7526814

New shirt number for Barkley and contract extension according to rumours (people at the conference).

The Echo website says it's Martinez's conference.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-everton-fc-press-conference-7526814

New shirt number for Barkley and contract extension according to rumours (people at the conference).

I suppose by literal definition that would be "significant" but with the way this has been setup i would be thoroughly disappointed if thats all. To me new contracts should not be the attention of a major press conference. Hoping this is lukaku/stadium related. Also not sure why it hasnt been mentioned but surely there is a .01% chance it could be a new ownership group.

I suppose by literal definition that would be "significant" but with the way this has been setup i would be thoroughly disappointed if thats all.

It's always the case, these become hyped up so much and the details are always leaked before the conference.

There are currently 7,078 watching the stream!