IGNORED

Press conference called for "significant club announcement" - 4pm

How boring. This fills me with even less confidence that a big coup is coming if this is they way forward for big club announcements

Agreed, seems like a few scraps to throw at the fans to lessen the blow that more big signings are probably not gonna happen. But certainly happy that Barkley will stay with us for 4 more yeras.

Agreed, seems like a few scraps to throw at the fans to lessen the blow that more big signings are probably not gonna happen. But certainly happy that Barkley will stay with us for 4 more yeras.

contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on..if a big enough offer came in tomorrow he would go...it's fuckin embarrassing and i'm livid at how small time this makes the club look

Agreed its OTT to an extent about announcing this but how are they supposed to do it? Ross is THE main English young talent in this country today, any club would happily take him off our hands & your all sitting around moaning that hes sitting there saying he loves the club, its his home etc, I actually felt quite proud watching that, yes we require more signings & I also hoped it would be Rom would be sat there but for fucks sake, your a gang of whinging barstools, and calling him thick as fuck, seriously any need for that, it dicks like you who should be supporting the shite across the park, hes young, hes nervous and hes ours, ours I tells ya!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I think Ross spoke well of the club, he is nervous but he spoke highly of the club, the players and the manager/staff. If you're nervous and get asked a question so what influence did the manager have on you signing a new contract. Barkley spoke highly of him and they said yeah everybody says that but what do you really think. Give the kid a break, he is up and coming and a lot of top clubs were interested. It is GREAT news that he has signed a new contract!

Agreed its OTT to an extent about announcing this but how are they supposed to do it? Ross is THE main English young talent in this country today, any club would happily take him off our hands & your all sitting around moaning that hes sitting there saying he loves the club, its his home etc, I actually felt quite proud watching that, yes we require more signings & I also hoped it would be Rom would be sat there but for fucks sake, your a gang of whinging barstools, and calling him thick as fuck, seriously any need for that, it dicks like you who should be supporting the shite across the park, hes young, hes nervous and hes ours, ours I tells ya!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I take back. Ross isn't Forrest Gump, you are... Why the fuck did you put capital letters for the and not main.

Glad your proud of a small club. I on the other hand must been supporting this club for a lot longer and can see a big club shrink by the year with that prick upstairs. Family club my arse.

course it's good news..hopefully the 65k a week is a bit wide of the mark but otherwise yeah it's good...but press conference worthy? maybe to join in with some other news yeah sure but for just that? just seems so small time to me

also the cynic in me says all it means though is that we can bump the price up...luke shaw signed a new 5 year contract last season..

stop moaning.

plenty of BIG clubs have press conferences for players signing new contracts. Don't know what the hell people are going on about, it's small clubs that don't need to bother telling people because no one gives a shit about their crap players and their contracts!

do you think Man utd had a press conference to tell everyone rooney was signing a new contract and staying, damn straight they did!

If you have a player that others want and your keeping him with a new contract then of course you make a big thing of it!

I take back. Ross isn't Forrest Gump, you are... Why the fuck did you put capital letters for the and not main.

Glad your proud of a small club. I on the other hand must been supporting this club for a lot longer and can see a big club shrink by the year with that prick upstairs. Family club my arse.

wow. just wow!

:rofl:

Not the news we were hoping for, but still very happy. I would have liked them to parade him in a number ten shirt too.

He said he remembers how it felt when Rooney left, I like his honesty there.

Well done to him too, he still looks nervous and uncomfortable infront of the camera, but he did what he was told. And showed a bit of maturity when he asked the woman to repeat her question rather than just throw out a cliche.

Again, not the news we hoped for but still good news.

Way OTT but very happy that he signed for another 4 years. Just added another 5 mil to his value and imo only a handful of clubs in the world can now afford him. We do need to tie down these young stars. Shame that Stones and Coleman wasnt included in this PC.

Significant announcement is embarrasing tho

Way OTT but very happy that he signed for another 4 years. Just added another 5 mil to his value and imo only a handful of clubs in the world can now afford him. We do need to tie down these young stars. Shame that Stones and Coleman wasnt included in this PC.

Significant announcement is embarrasing tho

Coleman signed a new contract last month, would've been nice if Stones had been there though, hopefully he'll be next.

Not the news we were hoping for, but still very happy. I would have liked them to parade him in a number ten shirt too.

He said he remembers how it felt when Rooney left, I like his honesty there.

Well done to him too, he still looks nervous and uncomfortable infront of the camera, but he did what he was told. And showed a bit of maturity when he asked the woman to repeat her question rather than just throw out a cliche.

Again, not the news we hoped for but still good news.

The more I think about the more I change my mind. Im glad there was an announcement for that. Most teams, especially big teams, have pressers for extending their most important player. Ross Barkley is exactly that, Everton's most important player. While it may seem small-time at first glance I think it is actually a step in the right direction for the club, especially after the handling of Besic.

On a somewhat side note, Ross has now entered my collection of favorites. Always admired his talent but after hearing him at the presser today I thoroughly enjoyed listening to him to speak. His nervousness came across with an air of humility and humbleness that is refreshing is today's football culture. Fair play to him and the club. Transfer market letdown or not I love this club and i am absolutely buzzing for August 16th.

The first I heard about this news was when I got a notification on my mobile. It's only when I came on here that I saw that the press conference had been planned. Slightly strange that we went all out on Ross signing the new contract but taking a step back it clearly states that the team is being built around him and that he is very happy at Everton, it's a huge statement.

It may seem strange to an event such as that but surely in a few years we'll look back and say that it was a defining moment in the club's recent history.