IGNORED

New Fan...Where do I start?

Ben

Can you blame him given the ire directed in his direction - intentional or otherwise? You can never undo first impressions. I do hope he sticks around, though.

Actually I've been taught in college that bad first impressions can be undone, but it takes 7 good impressions. Which is very very difficult.

Imagine meeting a girl at a bar and you talk and things go well. So you schedule a date. That goes well and so you schedule a few more. A month passes and eventually she invites you over to her parents' place for dinner, where you'll be meeting her parents for the first time.

You go up to the front and knock on the door. Her dad opens and immediately says without ever pausing,"hi, I'm George. I don't want to sound too harsh and I am happy you chose my daughter but I don't understand how you can just meet someone at a bar and immediately just start dating her. Either you see a girl somewhere in public and get to know her over time before asking her on a date or you have a friend set up a blind date for you. Guys do really baffle me nowadays. When I was your age I met a girl at the bus stop and we talked for a few weeks before I even took her to lunch for the first time. And then I didn't even meet her parents until I was ready to propose to her. I could have just found some stripper and banged her but that girl who is now my wife chose me."

How would you perceive the dad and the family? Would this make you eager to step right into the house and experience the night? Or would you be like, "uhhh... okay. What the fuck?"

Because that's basically what you did, Brett. The poor guy just came here to say hi and dip his toes in and you went on some rant about how you don't understand him, as if he's an enigma and not a real person. Even in the best case scenario, where you claim that was a genuine welcome, you decided that this thread should be about you. This thread was for Ben. Not for you to offer your strong takes on supporters. It's incredibly narcissistic and I hope it didn't scare Ben off!

Imagine meeting a girl at a bar and you talk and things go well. So you schedule a date. That goes well and so you schedule a few more. A month passes and eventually she invites you over to her parents' place for dinner, where you'll be meeting her parents for the first time.

You go up to the front and knock on the door. Her dad opens and immediately says without ever pausing,"hi, I'm George. I don't want to sound too harsh and I am happy you chose my daughter but I don't understand how you can just meet someone at a bar and immediately just start dating her. Either you see a girl somewhere in public and get to know her over time before asking her on a date or you have a friend set up a blind date for you. Guys do really baffle me nowadays. When I was your age I met a girl at the bus stop and we talked for a few weeks before I even took her to lunch for the first time. And then I didn't even meet her parents until I was ready to propose to her. I could have just found some stripper and banged her but that girl who is now my wife chose me."

How would you perceive the dad and the family? Would this make you eager to step right into the house and experience the night? Or would you be like, "uhhh... okay. What the fuck?"

Because that's basically what you did, Brett. The poor guy just came here to say hi and dip his toes in and you went on some rant about how you don't understand him, as if he's an enigma and not a real person. Even in the best case scenario, where you claim that was a genuine welcome, you decided that this thread should be about you. This thread was for Ben. Not for you to offer your strong takes on supporters. It's incredibly narcissistic and I hope it didn't scare Ben off!

Sorry pal, got bored half way through reading it so can't respond properly.

Welcome Ben.

As you can see we are all quite passionate and opinionated.

Sometimes it may get rough in here but you can guarantee your gonna get to hear both sides of everything.

Ignore all the arguing, none of us mean anything by it... Just comes with the passion mate.

I am sure I am not insane though. I have a licence that says so. (OK it is a piece of paper with "I am not insane written in wax crayon ... but I am not allowed sharp objects since that time with Matron in the laundry .... )

Good to see we didn't scare you off ;)