IGNORED

Landon Donovan

Why does Beckham get to stay at AC Milan for longer but they won't allowe Donovan to do the same?

If I remember corrctly, an extra fee was negotiated to enable him to stay.

We don't have a pot to pee in so that is out of the question I guess.

"I'm 28 years old now and I've played over 100 times for my country, I've also played a lot of league games in different parts of the world. But I've never met a fan-base like this, either playing for them or as an away player..."

That's sig material :) . Nice piece.

Maybe we could tell Galaxy that he's torn his achilles and can't come back....then we could start playing our little known Canadian Brandon Sullivan on the right. Famous in football circles because he always plays in dark glasses and a trilby, refuses to do interviews and wears a false moustache when he arrives at and leaves the ground ;);) .

Could work :mellow: .

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/03/17/donovan-trains-in-la

Speaking after Donovan's first training session with Galaxy, his teammates noticed a difference in the 28-year-old.

"We're tanned and ready to go, and he looks like he's been hiding in a closet for a few months," midfielder Chris Klein joked.

"He does looks pale though"" Arena went on. "Those are the hazards of living in England."

Just made me laugh, yanks never let up about the weather....

Edited by galacticaracnid

I'm not even sure that he could come back if the MLS goes on strike.

It's outside of any transfer windows and his agreed loan period (10 weeks) is over, feel free to correct me if my assumption is wrong!

Edited by iggy

"Donovan did not close the door to a return to England if a strike did occur.

"We've stated that there could be a possibility that I could go back if something where to happen, but everyone on this side of the pond is hopeful that we can work out a deal with the league," said Donovan. "If I ever did return to England, the only team that I would want to play for is Everton."

Taken from - http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2010/03/donovan-speaks-on-players-strike-everton-and-his-role-with-the-galaxy.html

• 2 weeks later...

I know, right? I'm an American and I was hoping with all my might that there would be a strike. It's not like anyone here actually cares about the MLS...

I care about the MLS. Not that I watch it with any vested interest (well not until the Timbers take flight next year!) The MLS is crucial in developing a better national team. And besides, the play is getting better each season (albeit still of Championship quality.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

know it's been a while since there's been any news about landon, but i noticed in one of the articles on the OS about the awards that he'd sent a special video message to be shown during the event. anyone know what it happened be about?

also, just an update on how his MLS season is going. the galaxy are unbeaten in their first seven games, winning 6 and drawing 1, with 5 shutouts. of the 11 goals scored by the team so far, landon has assisted on 5 of them, and even though he hasn't scored yet, his teammate edson buddle has scored 9 of them, all in the first 6 games. from what i've watched, landon's passing has been really great, reflected by the amount of assists he has so far.

he'll be leaving the galaxy to join up with the US national team later this month, and hopefully he'll continue his good form through the world cup and hopefully when he joins us on a permanent transfer afterwards ;)