IGNORED

Predict our result - 2014/2015 season

Cornish Steve

The winner this week is Paddock, who scored 6 points by predicting the correct score and identifying Mirallas as a goalscorer. For the season as a whole, mogsy has taken the lead. The three "if only" players, with the highest number of points per prediction - and who might be in the lead "if only" they'd predicted every game - are Aiden Lewis, Brett Angel, and MiguelCotto. Congrats all round, and a solid win for Everton.

September13_zpse05d2bb1.jpg

So you get points if you pick a goalscorer no matter when they score? I thought it was just for first goalscorer. I'll have to take that into account in future.

Two points if you identify the first goalscorer, and one point if your pick scores other than the first goal.

There's an added incentive for picking the first goalscorer. If you also predict the correct score, you get 3 bonus points for a total of 10.

For the season as a whole, mogsy has taken the lead. The three "if only" players, with the highest number of points per prediction - and who might be in the lead "if only" they'd predicted every game - are Aiden Lewis, Brett Angel, and MiguelCotto. Congrats all round, and a solid win for Everton.

September13_zpse05d2bb1.jpg

He he you gotta be in it to win it!!!! :-)

It will add more processing time, but I'm thinking of using a colour scheme so you can see where your points come from. The least obvious is the point for making better than the average prediction.

Personally, Steve, I trust you to sort the scores out fairly and honestly so I never bothered reading or probably wont ever bother reading the rules.

I'll get what I get regardless of reading them and I'm always going to try and predict a first goalscorer rather than hedging my bets like Romey is planning .

Here we go. To reiterate:

• One point for predicting the correct outcome (win, lose, or draw)
  • One point for predicting the number of goals scored by the home team
  • One point for predicting the number of goals scored by the away team
  • One point for predicting the correct goal difference (which always means a point for correct outcome, too)
  • One point if your prediction is better than the average prediction
  • Five points for a correct score (outcome+home score+away score+goal diff+better than average)
  • Two points for predicting Everton's first goalscorer
  • One point for predicting one of the other goalscorers (but not if you predict the first scorer)
  • Three bonus points for correct score and first goalscorer, which means a total of ten points)

Does the colour scheme make sense?

September13b_zpsed9e797e.jpg

Edited by Cornish Steve