IGNORED

Kopite Thread

Didn't Baines get carded recently for simulation? Jags won us a penalty a season or so ago with a dive. Phil Neville was the funniest diver of all, but it was still a dive. I don't think anybody says Suarez is the epitome of a sportsman, but because he is possibly the top striker in the game he gets noticed.

These were one off's though as opposed to a regular occurrence like Suarez, albeit like Nikica says, he certainly isnt the only one!

I personally cant stand Suarez. He is an excellent footballer, no doubt about that, and I have never been fussed about the handball against Ghana (Pip did the same for us against Man Utd once I seem to remember, albeit he didnt wait to watch in the tunnel!). My 'beef' with Suarez is that he cheats, bites, kicks, stamps etc etc and shows no remorse and even tries to act like the innocent party (he started rolling around after biting Ivanovic's arm if I remember!). At least with Keane he never tried to con people in that sense and its that manipulation that I hate the most. Its the same thing with Gerrard actually, especially after he got Hibbert sent off in the derby.

Going back to Sturridge, I always thought he was a player with ability but I didn't think he would be able to cope as a lone striker in the Premier League which was how we played when we were linked to him. By moving to Liverpool he has at least moved to a club that will bring him into the game with their passing and movement if he is up top on his own, whereas at Chelsea he looked a bit weak and naive when they looked to play more direct. If he had joined us at the time, he wouldn't be half the player he looks now (providing Moyes was still in charge). For the record thats not a dig at Moyes, more a comment on how he used his strikers.

These were one off's though as opposed to a regular occurrence like Suarez, albeit like Nikica says, he certainly isnt the only one!

I personally cant stand Suarez. He is an excellent footballer, no doubt about that, and I have never been fussed about the handball against Ghana (Pip did the same for us against Man Utd once I seem to remember, albeit he didnt wait to watch in the tunnel!). My 'beef' with Suarez is that he cheats, bites, kicks, stamps etc etc and shows no remorse and even tries to act like the innocent party (he started rolling around after biting Ivanovic's arm if I remember!). At least with Keane he never tried to con people in that sense and its that manipulation that I hate the most. Its the same thing with Gerrard actually, especially after he got Hibbert sent off in the derby.

Going back to Sturridge, I always thought he was a player with ability but I didn't think he would be able to cope as a lone striker in the Premier League which was how we played when we were linked to him. By moving to Liverpool he has at least moved to a club that will bring him into the game with their passing and movement if he is up top on his own, whereas at Chelsea he looked a bit weak and naive when they looked to play more direct. If he had joined us at the time, he wouldn't be half the player he looks now (providing Moyes was still in charge). For the record thats not a dig at Moyes, more a comment on how he used his strikers.

What makes you think they are one offs Bailey?

Not being caught / punished is not always the same as not being guilty. Barkley and Pienaar spend more time on their arse than they do on their feet. The stats say they are the most fouled players, but what do other fans say?

All about notoriety. Suarez wasn't afforded a blank canvas in which to start from if we're honest. He had the wrath of many before he'd even kicked a ball over here.

He hand balled in the World Cup against a lowly African team, and the media ensured it didn't go down well.

Small time news in England though, press were hardly all over it, Uruguay v Ghana is of zero interest to the tabloids when they're whipped up into their biennial xenophobic/self hate (delete as applicable) frenzy. Personally I have no memory of it happening at the time; my opinion of Suarez is based purely on his time at Liverpool, his history just affirms it.

What makes you think they are one offs Bailey?

Not being caught / punished is not always the same as not being guilty. Barkley and Pienaar spend more time on their arse than they do on their feet. The stats say they are the most fouled players, but what do other fans say?

All about notoriety. Suarez wasn't afforded a blank canvas in which to start from if we're honest. He had the wrath of many before he'd even kicked a ball over here.

We both know that those instances are going to happen once in every blue moon. When Baines dived, he got straight back him and ran sheepishly back in position. If it was Suarez he would still be rolling round now.

Before he came here, I never realised he was a tosser tbh. I had only seen glimpses of him and when I did I thought he looked a very promising player (not sure if I said as much on here or somewhere else!?). I would agree that some people might have an agenda but to make out that his antics are no worse than Baines, Jags, or Barkley is pushing it a wee bit!

We both know that those instances are going to happen once in every blue moon. When Baines dived, he got straight back him and ran sheepishly back in position. If it was Suarez he would still be rolling round now.

Before he came here, I never realised he was a tosser tbh. I had only seen glimpses of him and when I did I thought he looked a very promising player (not sure if I said as much on here or somewhere else!?). I would agree that some people might have an agenda but to make out that his antics are no worse than Baines, Jags, or Barkley is pushing it a wee bit!

Don't get me wrong, the guy is a pain in the ass, but he is a gifted player too, which would be a shame if he left.

think the point is, despite him being a (add own insult here), he is very talented and exciting to watch, when hes on his feet and not trying to eat people.

I agree with that, but the last thing I want to see is talented and exciting players at Liverpool! I want to see a team of donkeys.

Shame for who :huh:? I'd be delighted if he pissed off; wouldn't every Evertonian?

Sometimes you have to enjoy football for what it is.

If my neighbours flowers attract beautiful butterflies, I can still enjoy them whilst loving my own flowers. If I chase them off just to spite the neighbour, I lose my enjoyment of watching them also. Yes, I'd like them to come to my garden, but I can't afford the flowers they are attracted to.

Some folk would rather rid the world of wonder than have somebody else enjoy it.

If my neighbours flowers attract beautiful butterflies, I can still enjoy them whilst loving my own flowers. If I chase them off just to spite the neighbour, I lose my enjoyment of watching them also. Yes, I'd like them to come to my garden, but I can't afford the flowers they are attracted to.

Some folk would rather rid the world of wonder than have somebody else enjoy it.

Nah.

Saurez, the beautiful butterfly !! I also can't afford the flowers that attract these wonderfull insects......but I do own an airgun, so watch out Saurez the butterfly, skirtel the slug, Rodgers the rat and Gerrard the nasty gnome.

I'm with Mike, I love football as a neutral, but if Carlos Slim took over Celtic and bought Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Ribery, Zlatan and Lahm (in the realms of fantasy here but bear with me) I'd be gutted, regardless of how much more attractive it would make Scottish football. Would much rather they kept dunderheads like Brown and Mulgrew.

Saurez, the beautiful butterfly !! I also can't afford the flowers that attract these wonderfull insects......but I do own an airgun, so watch out Saurez the butterfly, skirtel the slug, Rodgers the rat and Gerrard the nasty gnome.

Funny as fuck :rofl:

I'm with Mike, I love football as a neutral, but if Carlos Slim took over Celtic and bought Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Ribery, Zlatan and Lahm (in the realms of fantasy here but bear with me) I'd be gutted, regardless of how much more attractive it would make Scottish football. Would much rather they kept dunderheads like Brown and Mulgrew.

I can't expect a fiery knuckle dragging Glaswegian to approach life with the same poetical elegance and romance as a gentle sophisticated leader of men and lover of women as myself young Nikica. :P

I can't expect a fiery knuckle dragging Glaswegian to approach life with the same poetical elegance and romance as a gentle sophisticated leader of men and lover of women as myself young Nikica. :P

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Saw it a recent link of the Anfield clubs 0- 2 loss in North London yesterday. I don't know how well they played, and who cares, as the result is the most important thing. They were doing well recently by all accounts and Rogers was finally doing good and making waves, and despite yesterdays setback, you feel they will still challenge and could prove a threat, but hope they fail miserably and end with nothing, naturally.

• 3 weeks later...

Enrique out with long term injury according to the BBC.

also:

Another line from Anfield and 5 live football reporter Ian Dennis reports that Liverpool have sacked academy director Frank McParland and their head of coaching Rodolfo Borrell, the last members of the Rafael Benitez era. The club made no comment on the departures.

Edited by Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-steven-gerrard-out-6388688

Gerrard out for up to six weeks, could rule him out of the derby at the end of January hopefully

Thats a pity.... seriously though what are they gonna do??? They have no sturridge and unless Suarez gets good service which he relies on Gerrard for then they lose their potency...

Opportunity here blues.