IGNORED

Kopite Thread

If it had been "Everton to survive a relegation" (and them to win the league championship) - I would have gratefully accepted - but not for the reason of champions league qualification.

So let's get this right.

We finish fourth place, get entry into the european cup, and then what ?

Sure we'll receive a decent end of season bonus financially for our reward, but how far do you think we can feasibly go in this competition ?

To win this damn event, you got to get past teams the caliber of Barcelona, Munich, Madrid, Juventus etc, and are Everton really equipped as it stands to undertake that right now ?

Say again, if Everton were to miss out on that little party invite, and it stopped "them" from winning the League Title at the same time - I'd happily take it.

Definitely in the category of those on these pages that realize it would be a damn suffocating experience if Liverpool were to be league champions this year - or anytime soon, for that matter.

Remember this also,

On some of their fansites, they have a thread very much like this, but they look in on us and check our progress and with it, find a considerable amount of time to point humor in our general direction when we fuck up or suffer some misfortune - so can you imagine - and give this a moment of thought if nothing else - the amount of stick we'd receive if they were to win the damn thing. Regular berating throughout the summer ? And not just on webpages and things, but in the city (of Liverpool) and in general as a whole ?

Ok fair enough, some are content to not give a fuck about what Liverpool do, and that's fair enough, but from this perspective, got to admit it would be a nightmare vision from this Evertonian viewpoint.

If the rs win the league this season, it will fund for me an extra couple of trips to Goodison.Their odds at the start of the season and for quite a few games in were.....20-1, no brainer, a few quid went on that followed by a few more as they improved, odds still a 18, 15 and 12 to 1.

It's called insurance! insurance from pain, and it might just pay out.

Sure I hope I lose my money, but if I don't, so be it!.I have money to spend on the Blues, whilst hoping next season Saurez doesn't do the business and Gerrard fails to pull the strings.

Those two have been massive and that's given a slightly above average team confidence, huge confidence.

Remember what Saurez get's a week and Gerrard and co, we can't compete with those wages and if we get 4th or 5th it will be a massive achievement.

Let fate take it's path, Martinez has big ideas, maybe next season we finish above the rs again.

Would I put money on the rs to win the league again next season........yes if they were any thing over 12-1.

If the rs win the league this season, it will fund for me an extra couple of trips to Goodison.Their odds at the start of the season and for quite a few games in were.....20-1, no brainer, a few quid went on that followed by a few more as they improved, odds still a 18, 15 and 12 to 1.

It's called insurance! insurance from pain, and it might just pay out.

Sure I hope I lose my money, but if I don't, so be it!.I have money to spend on the Blues, whilst hoping next season Saurez doesn't do the business and Gerrard fails to pull the strings.

Those two have been massive and that's given a slightly above average team confidence, huge confidence.

Remember what Saurez get's a week and Gerrard and co, we can't compete with those wages and if we get 4th or 5th it will be a massive achievement.

Let fate take it's path, Martinez has big ideas, maybe next season we finish above the rs again.

Would I put money on the rs to win the league again next season........yes if they were any thing over 12-1.

Oh my, oh my. The guy who called me a kopite has been backing the shite for the title all season.... Closet! :)

Oh my, oh my. The guy who called me a kopite has been backing the shite for the title all season.... Closet! :)

Oh my, oh my.......as it's know been pointed out who you were before your name change, if I were you I'd be happy with the rs title.It would be less embarrassing !

As for winning money off the back of a rs win......I'll raise glass to you and laugh at how stupid you are :lol:

Oh my, oh my.......as it's know been pointed out who you were before your name change, if I were you I'd be happy with the rs title.It would be less embarrassing !

As for winning money off the back of a rs win......I'll raise glass to you and laugh at how stupid you are :lol:

Care to elaborate on this? Who was I? I'm sure the mods can clarify I've never been on this forum before......I'd love to know who I am?

As for winning money. I'll raise a glass at you when City win the title and you're confirmed as a closet Kopite for backing them all season!! Haha irony

Betting on Liverpool winning the league??!!!

Fucking insane.

Why......20-1 was insane, £20 didn't seem too insane (wish I'd put more on)......£420......+ £5 at 18-1 = £95 + £5 at 15-1 =£80 and finally £5 at 12-1 = £65

Total = £660 for a £35 bet!........might just put a bit more on yet, though the odds will plummit !

Now I would gladly burn £35 in the street to stop them winning, so I really hope it doesn't happen.

BUT insane !.....come on, it's not like I claiming to have scored numerous goals from the half way line :rofl:

:beer:

Care to elaborate on this? Who was I? I'm sure the mods can clarify I've never been on this forum before......I'd love to know who I am?

As for winning money. I'll raise a glass at you when City win the title and you're confirmed as a closet Kopite for backing them all season!! Haha irony

I hope City win the title, but I'll be able to raise many more if the rs win the league.Yeh, sure I'm rs, I've been on here about 7/8 years now..........still I guess that's what's known a a sleeper, though it would be more like a coma !

Betting on the rs has more to with understanding football, luck and a huge desire to rescue something from a situation I dread.

Now go away you nasty little person :wub:

could never bet on them winning..couldn't accept the money

It's easy. you go in hand over the grubby pieces of paper, they hand you stupid amounts of cash.

You leave knowing there was nothing you could do to stop the rs winning.

You use the money to ease the pain......the pain that would still have been there if you hadn't had a gamble.

He doesn't deserve any such thing!

See this is where there is a line between being bitter and accepting someone's talent. He almost single handedly dragged average Liverpool sides to cup wins and stayed with his local team when he had opportunities to leave and further his career. I think that's a fantastic thing to do and something young local scousers should aspire too.

For me he's been a fantastic talent and could have moved on and got the title elsewhere.

Edited by MiguelCotto

I can't abide Gerrard as an individual, an unsavory-type rodent, but realize what he can provide on the field.

How many honors have Liverpool achieved in the last twelve or thirteen years due to his desire and drive on the field and obvious choice for a captains role.

As for the team in question, they were featured on highlights tonight but didn't watch. Was only interested in one game from today. I accept they've got a real chance of winning the goddamn league now, but won't be offering congratulations should it occur.

You could draw comparisons with Manchester United should they do it, I.E. going 25 years without a league championship, and then going on a glory run and winning trophies left and right thereafter, but damn well hope this season is just a one hit wonder for them.

See this is where there is a line between being bitter and accepting someone's talent. He almost single handedly dragged average Liverpool sides to cup wins and stayed with his local team when he had opportunities to leave and further his career. I think that's a fantastic thing to do and something young local scousers should aspire too.

For me he's been a fantastic talent and could have moved on and got the title elsewhere.

I take your point. He did stay with his club, and this is what we would wish for Barkley and our own rising talents.

It's easy. you go in hand over the grubby pieces of paper, they hand you stupid amounts of cash.

You leave knowing there was nothing you could do to stop the rs winning.

You use the money to ease the pain......the pain that would still have been there if you hadn't had a gamble.

still couldn't do it...be like betting on satan vs jesus!

still couldn't do it...be like betting on satan vs jesus!

Well I'd need to check the odds on that one........but seriously, this was never the case of the rs winning it at Evertons expence.We certainly weren't going to win the league this season, but the rs! Those odds of 20-1 were still in place a few games in and they were doing more than holding their own without Saurez, whilst other teams were not exactly looking that special.

To be honsest betting on them is a pretty bad experience, but not as bad as ' the possible outcome'.

I understand many couldn't do it, but I've grown hard from sharing a bedroom with a red (brother) during the 70's and early 80's.

My Latchford, King and Dobson posters stood shoulder to shoulder with Keegan, Hughes and Dalglish (theirs often with big fucking silver trophies)..............the pain is deep.

I admire your principles.....understand my pain :crying:

i fucking hate a kopite like no other. the one standout thing that pushes my buttons is, after years of decline you would expect a bit more self control and less arrogance from them this time round but nooooo, the shite feel it is in their right to be at the top of the league every given year. i know liverpool fans inside out and i know that other than this year, they would be happy just to quakify for the CL year in year out without actually challenging. its more important for them to be accepted in thr european circuit without actualky winning anything.......sado's!!!