IGNORED

Kopite Thread

Be honest, who wants to be beaten by city now?

I won't celebrate us losing to them but at the same time it wouldn't really bother me. My love will always be for Everton but there is an element of hate towards Liverpool that no Evertonian should be able to flick on and off like a switch.

If us being beaten means they have to wait even longer for a league title then so be it.

Guest blueboy122

Did you watch the match? Chelsea fielded a reserve squad. 20 year old centre back got his first match as a Chelsea player in. Liverpool just attack while having bad defense. Mourinho played to that by parking the bus and counter attacking and capitalizing on their mistakes. That is the exact same way tony pulis plays. Hence the palace win against us. I really am serious in saying palace and rs will be a draw.

Wasn't much of reserve side more of a patched up side that are more than capable players.

Did you watch the match? Chelsea fielded a reserve squad. 20 year old centre back got his first match as a Chelsea player in. Liverpool just attack while having bad defense. Mourinho played to that by parking the bus and counter attacking and capitalizing on their mistakes. That is the exact same way tony pulis plays. Hence the palace win against us. I really am serious in saying palace and rs will be a draw.

Did you mate? That was never a reserve squad:

• 23 Schwarzer - RESERVE
  • 28 Azpilicueta
  • 03 Cole
  • 12 Mikel
  • 02 Ivanovic
  • 33 Kalas - RESERVE, but had Suarez in his pocket all game and shouldve scored
  • 21 Matic
  • 08 Lampard
  • 19 Ba (Torres - 84' )
  • 15 Salah Booked (Willian - 60' )
  • 14 Schürrle (Cahill - 77' )

The rest have all featured quite a lot for the first 11 over this season and for a few seasons before.

As for the Palace game, I know what you mean. Defend and break, could see them drawing.

Edited by Matt

• 23 Schwarzer - RESERVE
  • 28 Azpilicueta
  • 03 Cole
  • 12 Mikel
  • 02 Ivanovic
  • 21 Matic
  • 08 Lampard
  • 19 Ba (Torres - 84' )

The rest have all featured quite a lot for the first 11 over this season and for a few seasons before.

As for the Palace game, I know what you mean. Defend and break, could see them drawing.

With you, that team was not a reserve team. Only one player was truely unproven, the rest have had significant game time this season.

• 23 Schwarzer - RESERVE
  • 28 Azpilicueta
  • 03 Cole
  • 12 Mikel
  • 02 Ivanovic
  • 21 Matic
  • 08 Lampard
  • 19 Ba (Torres - 84' )

i'm sorry reserve was the wrong word. backup is more fitting. cole, schwarzer, salah, shurrle, lampard, Kalas, and mikel all are not regular starters, they are bench people. that's 7 of 11, only 4 were regular starters, it's a weaker side for sure.

i'm sorry reserve was the wrong word. backup is more fitting. cole, schwarzer, salah, shurrle, lampard, Kalas, and mikel all are not regular starters, they are bench people. that's 7 of 11, only 4 were regular starters, it's a weaker side for sure.

Weaker side, yeah I agree ;) But even so, its a bloody decent 11 to be putting out!

Edited by Matt

Guest blueboy122

heard today that chelsea fans were spitting at the hillsborough memorial... vile, just vile. Probably the most hated club in the league, unsurprising.

Shocking.

I only found out the other day though why they pay no respect for Hillsborough.

Something to do with Liverpool tried to blame Chelsea fans for what happened in Heysel.

Can understand the bitterness but to spit at the names of innocent people is well... Inhumane

Guest blueboy122

• 23 Schwarzer - RESERVE
  • 28 Azpilicueta
  • 03 Cole
  • 12 Mikel
  • 02 Ivanovic
  • 21 Matic
  • 08 Lampard
  • 19 Ba (Torres - 84' )

Come on there's no way Liverpool will draw to Palace. Palaces players just don't have the ability or tactical discipline to cope with the Reds.

Saw that also - Clattenburg to be the senior match official for their game in South London this weekend against Crystal Palace. - May as well hand these pricks the league championship now and just be fucking done with it. Don't think I can live through another two or three weeks of this damn season, although it looks as though our own champions league endeavors are dead in the water after tonight, but lurking menacingly in the background looms large the possibility of these winning the league title this year.

It's been plastered all over the fucking pages, but only need to raise it once in this specific thread - that being - seems to be some confusion over who wants what at the end of the season. I'll make it simple -

Do not want Liverpool as league champions, (and) for perhaps the first time ever I'm hoping Everton can suffer a defeat next game up and Manchester City to take all three points. Let's face it, all they have to do is beat a poor West Ham and Aston Villa side to win the league after this and if they win on Merseyside at the weekend, should expect them to do it. It's either them, or Chelsea, or Liverpool right ? (to win the league), so not much to fucking choose between there..

After all, we can't get a champions league place now, and looks very much like Europa League for next season, which in itself represents a decent first season for Martinez, so fuck Arsenal and let them have fourth place. We gave it a go, there'll be no shame, we gave it a really good shot, but unfortunately just came up that little bit short this time.

Win lose or draw against Manchester City we're not going to get fourth place, so say again, for one game only, can almost root for the opposition, and if people take umbrage or question loyalties, that's their business, but if in the end, if it prevents a fucking Liverpool title win - then good enough.

Guess one or two are divided on this issue, but that's about the picture of things.

As I've said before, it's the telly clappers who crawl out the woodwork when Liverpool get to a final or are on a run like they've been on that I can't stand.

It's like there is a default setting to anyone who lives in "Merseyside" that if they are not really too arsed about football then they become stand in Liverpool fans. They bloat the numbers, grab a scarf, sing YNWA and make Liverpool look like the best supported club in the world and then disappear for the seasons of disappointment.

My loathing of Liverpool is only eclipsed by my loathing of United, so I am torn on this one. I would love to beat City and secure fifth, but perhaps not at the expense of handing Liverpool the title. All the years of misery heaped upon Everton by Liverpool is hard to forget. Best scenario, I suppose, is a thumping of Hull in the last game to secure fifth and City to win out (annoying both Liverpool and United at the same time).

Guest Nikica

As just read (and enjoyed) on Twitter:

A support line has been set up for Liverpool fans. 0800 3-0 3-1 3-2 3-3

That's good. I also like 'Crystanbul' and 'Istanpulis' :rofl:

The hilarious thing is that at 3-0 they were perfectly positioned to have a chance of the league, 2 more goals and a game at anfield against a shite Newcastle side would have seen them get 6 goals at least if they needed it.

Ah well, they let it slip didn't they....

I watched the Liverpool v Palace game, shouting for Palace. When the third Liverpool goal went in I switched over to watch the snooker. Didn't know the Liverpool result until this mornings paper. Missed all the fun. :crying:

I also did that, then when it was 3-0 I was thinking "Liverpool can't score any more and Palace need to reduce the goal difference"... they scored 1 I was quietly pleased, they scored a second and I thought happy days, went the loo and they scored the 3rd, I couldn't believe it.

Suarez at the end wasn't crying, just an attention seeker wanting to win favour with the fans... He will be off in the summer, just watch. Doth protest too much. "If I show them my pain, they won't hate me when I go to Real in the summer"....