Just had a look on the BBC live text for the Bournemouth v Liverpool game.  The BBC reporter, a Matthew Henry, must be a Kopite as his adulation for Liverpool knows no bounds.  Liverpool even 'deserved' the 'unlucky own goal' by Bournemouth.😝

8 minutes ago, johnh said:

Just had a look on the BBC live text for the Bournemouth v Liverpool game.  The BBC reporter, a Matthew Henry, must be a Kopite as his adulation for Liverpool knows no bounds.  Liverpool even 'deserved' the 'unlucky own goal' by Bournemouth.😝

Bournemouth have been good little boys and read the kopite script.  None of the nonsense you seen from them against us.... just lay down for a nice beating. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

Bournemouth have been good little boys and read the kopite script.  None of the nonsense you seen from them against us.... just lay down for a nice beating. 

I watched most of it Salah first offside, and Bournemouth were poor no pressing very embarrassing.

They are unbearable.... they gloat more about nearly winning things than other fans do about actually winning things. 

SAF was right about knocking them off their pedestal - they needed it.

Whilst they may not have a better chance than this in years they have been very very lucky.  Pickfords howler gave them momentum and it was pivotal.  They will likely have to ride out some tougher moments with injuries etc.  If they lose VVD for a few games that is enough to sway things. 

If they win the league I’m going into social media shutdown for a couple of months, even though I know that will please some I’d rather that than listen to them gob shites. 

The arrogant pricks in our pub were too busy laughing their bollocks off at us rather than realising that spurs are a bona fide title rival who are 6 points behind them. 

One decent red who i spoke to admitted how lucky they have been.  The majority just think it's them being so great. 

1986.... we got an injury to Southall which gifted them the league. Never realised this at the time.... 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

The arrogant pricks in our pub were too busy laughing their bollocks off at us rather than realising that spurs are a bona fide title rival who are 6 points behind them. 

One decent red who i spoke to admitted how lucky they have been.  The majority just think it's them being so great. 

1986.... we got an injury to Southall which gifted them the league. Never realised this at the time.... 

You forgot about Lineker's lucky boots that went missing.

6 hours ago, hafnia said:

No-one is worried about Spurs, they will bottle it when it gets serious!

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I notice Salah isn'ttt going to face any retrospective action over the winning of the penalty yesterday despite him clearly deceiving the referee.

I am so surprised.

There is no way a team outside the top six would have got that penalty.  Salah felt a slight touch, paused, thought about it, then went down.  Very poor refereeing, should have been a yellow.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I notice Salah isn'ttt going to face any retrospective action over the winning of the penalty yesterday despite him clearly deceiving the referee.

I am so surprised.

Has anyone since Oumar faced any action? I can't think of any.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Has anyone since Oumar faced any action? I can't think of any.

Lanzini. That’s it. Two players and coincidentally neither play for a club that “matters”.

Loads of instanced where City, Chelsea, the shite etc have players blatantly cheating and absolutely nothing is done. It really is about who you are and who you play for with the FA. Take this Salah incident for example - he’d miss the Arsenal game if they did what they should and we just can’t have that. 

24 minutes ago, hafnia said:

It seems the tickets are actually sold out.... for me there seemed to be a very troublesome vibe to the story where "visitors to the etihad could apply" ..... 

" Reds fans who missed out on tickets in the away end will be intrigued to discover this "

Naughty.

10 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Referee is trying to gift Liverpool this. Honestly. Pep nearly lost the plot there. 

That was some incredibly laissez-faire refereeing there at the end. Happy to see City pull it out, but sadly, I can’t take back what I said.

There was a game tonight? I had no idea.

For me if Liverpool were to win the league it'd piss me right off but after a couple of days I'd be over it; it's the local lads I'd feel for having to put up with it for months. So I really hope they fuck it up again, sadly this year they don't have Gerrard on hand to fall on his arse; hopefully they'll find a stand-in:).

2 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Was the sardonic grin wiped off his face?

Twitchy and giving it false smiles... such a prick. Can't stand the nob. Phoney. 

25 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Klopp had the cheek to call out kompany for his tackle on salah... unbelievable. That fella is so bitter it's untrue.  Hypocrite.

Didn't watch the game but apparently Lovren could've got a red first half as well.

17 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Didn't watch the game but apparently Lovren could've got a red first half as well.

Absolutely.  Tackle from behind on aguero.

Robertson should have conceded a penalty against sterling. 

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

so glad they lost.  i hope they lose a lot more, i can't stand them or their fans

Me neither. It's actually becoming unhealthy.  

Once upon a time both sets of fans supported the other club to a certain extent.  Emlyn Hughes changed all that... Everton fans turned up to congratulate Liverpool on a European cup and Hughes sang Liverpool are magic Everton are tragic.....  stupid.  Things were never the same after that. 

I thought it was a brilliant game of football - incredible atmosphere, incredible intensity - a great advert for the PL. Very pleased City won, but tempered by the reality that we are (alas) miles behind these two clubs.  

3 hours ago, Chach said:

We simply have to beat them at Goodison

It was Jordan's error at Anfield that really got them going, six wins after that with a cumulative score of 21-3; meanwhile we'd only lost one in seven previous to that and have won one in seven since. Real turning point; let's hope last night was another one for them (and that we can turn them over at home).

10 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

I know they played a weakened side and are probably happy to be out of the competition anyway given the demands of the PL and CL, but damn it feels good to see them lose twice in a row.

glorious, now we can make our cup run :)  although you're right, it's a double edged sword, this might give them the rest they need to win the league.