IGNORED

Kopite Thread

• 2 weeks later...

At this stage I'm thinking Liverpool will finish third - they could even make second as they have the top teams at home and when you have the likes of Suarez in your team you can beat anyone at home (although I think they'll drop a few silly points which will cost them). I like Arsenal but a collapse always looked on the cards with their injury list and really difficult fixture list. Perhaps they will pleasantly surprise me but it doesn't look good.

• 3 weeks later...

See Liverpool got their weekly penalty, though they left it late this week. Who dived? The match report in my paper didn't say.

Suarez....it was definitely a pen but he still went for dragging his leg into the defenders to emphasise the point.....ie he got tripped, started to go down and flung out his right foot so that he was tripped again.

His theatricality is costing him in the long run though.

Is there any truth in the rumour that the FA are bringing out a new rule: If at the end of 90 minutes Liverpool haven't been awarded a penalty, then there will be a penalty shoot out with Liverpool allowed to take one penalty. With the exception of the goalkeeper, the opposing team have the option of staying on the pitch to watch or return to the dressing room.

Suarez....it was definitely a pen but he still went for dragging his leg into the defenders to emphasise the point.....ie he got tripped, started to go down and flung out his right foot so that he was tripped again.

His theatricality is costing him in the long run though.

Unfortunately not.

OptaJoe@OptaJoe[/size] 4m

8 - Since the start of last season, only 6 teams have won more penalties than Luis Suarez. He has won 5 more than any other player. Regular

OptaJoe@OptaJoe[/size] 18m

5 - Only Crystal Palace & Everton (six each) have conceded more penalties than Arsenal this season. Clumsy.

He personifies the difference between us. Maybe we should moan at refs, dive more and change the sport to cheatball.

• 2 weeks later...

I see Liverpool got three penalties, you couldn't make it up. They also dived twice but the ref didn't give them, didn't book the players who dived either. Refs are never going to solve diving unless they book players for diving. They don't hesitate to book defenders (red or yellow) when they give a penalty.

I think Liverpools supporters,current players and former player are totally losing the run of themselves over hammering an average United team managed by a manager who is hopelessly out of his depth.The hubris meter coming out of that tourist trap on the other side of the park is ready to explode!Hopefully Liverpools arrogance will prove to be their undoing.I still think Man City or Chelsea are better bets for the title.

Edited by Cork Evertonian

Said it before, and say it again, it was only a few short months back that Liverpool were a mess and providing weekly humor to a nationwide audience and Rogers was a sure bet for termination, and look at them now, damn fine reversal of fortune however you feel personally.

They want to win the league championship again so much and while realize it probably won't be this season, they'll take heart from this seasons endeavors and come back strong next year with some fine acquisitions in the close season. Make no mistake about it, I can't stand the club in question, and wish them nothing but failure and misfortune, but hard as it is to admit, they deserve some level of credit for turning the ship around.

Said it before, and say it again, it was only a few short months back that Liverpool were a mess and providing weekly humor to a nationwide audience and Rogers was a sure bet for termination, and look at them now, damn fine reversal of fortune however you feel personally.

They want to win the league championship again so much and while realize it probably won't be this season, they'll take heart from this seasons endeavors and come back strong next year with some fine acquisitions in the close season. Make no mistake about it, I can't stand the club in question, and wish them nothing but failure and misfortune, but hard as it is to admit, they deserve some level of credit for turning the ship around.

unfortunatrly, I completely agree.

Took a last look at the league table and it's too close for comfort so long as these... are concerned.

These fucks could actually win the league this year, and that's what keeps me more on edge than I already am. It would be a nightmare scenario.

Gone from a poor disjointed team that often struggled and a center of ridicule, into credible title winners in what seems no time at all. Rogers has had his detractors, but credit to the individual in turning things around, that is one rapid transformation

That only leaves two others in with a realistic chance of being league champions.

I fail to recognize one of those in question, so all riding on MCFC to take the league and prevent some colossal distaste and disappointment.

Want to hear other people's opinion on this. Would you rather Everton to finish 5th and Liverpool to finish 2nd/3rd or Everton to finish 4th and Liverpool champions? It could happen as us and them want to play city. It's a horrible situation. I honestly think I would rather Everton finish 5th. What are your thoughts?

Edited by Geth

Want to hear other people's opinion on this. Would you rather Everton to finish 5th and Liverpool to finish 2nd/3rd or Everton to finish 4th and Liverpool champions? It could happen as us and them want to play city. It's a horrible situation. I honestly think I would rather Everton finish 5th. What are your thoughts?

Surely there's only one answer to that: Everton finish higher. It will be worth millions.

everton 4th..what we do matters more to me than what they do

Liverpool champions ? That would just about send me over the fucking edge.

Everton to finish fifth and those to get a second or third place finish - no contest.

No matter what is said I'd happily miss out on a champions league place if it constituted them not winning the league title.

I don't live in the Merseyside vicinity but can only imagine the pain and anguish fellow blues would endure (in Liverpool) if they were to become league champions once more.

If having tangible distaste for Liverpool Football Club and wanting them to fail at every opportunity is a sin, then guess I'm guilty of it. Sorry, but it would be a nightmare scenario if they were to win the league title, and sincerely hope Manchester City do it and beat that other evil from West London in the process.

Don't wreck my head but I know this goes against logic but I do not want them winning that title. I would take 5th... Crazy I know.

This season they have been outstanding, they really have. Their forwards have been devastating and Suarez for me is possibly the most "valuable" player in the world. Not the best - valuable. I can't see one of the elite not coming in for him after this season, if that happens they are back to square one. Even with £80m to replace him. If they win the league this year they will win a few over the next few years, as they will retain him.

Aghhhhh,they have a habit of pissing on our parade.

cannot get my head round anyone wanting to lose out on any future success we may have just to stop them winning the title...why do our fans give such a fuck what they do? especially ahead of us? it would be hard to take but if they win it on merit then fair play to them...

the only reason it enters my head is that they would be unbearable and they're already bad enough. Still not enough of a reason for me to want us to suffer so they do too...