Yep. They've won it now. Have to give credit to Klopp. If you compare Liverpool's squad vs. City's squad, City obviously has the better side, but Liverpool is stronger than ever. 

I'm happy I don't live in Liverpool... or even England atm. 

2 hours ago, sibdane said:

Yep. They've won it now. Have to give credit to Klopp. If you compare Liverpool's squad vs. City's squad, City obviously has the better side, but Liverpool is stronger than ever. 

I'm happy I don't live in Liverpool... or even England atm. 

No, they haven't. 

2 minutes ago, sibdane said:

Alright, mathematically that is correct. :rolleyes:

They've been in this position before, until Demba Ba happened. Until it's mathematically a certainty, I'm not paying them any attention (after which I'll be hiding from certain friends and family members)

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

They've been in this position before, until Demba Ba happened. Until it's mathematically a certainty, I'm not paying them any attention (after which I'll be hiding from certain friends and family members)

I pray that they have another "slip."

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It must be horrific for them to have extended their lead at the top of the league like...

2 points less from a game they’ll  think they should’ve won and a game that would’ve put them even closer. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

It must be horrific for them to have extended their lead at the top of the league like...

By one point instead of the three they thought they were entitled to.

7 hours ago, johnh said:

The RS moaning about a penalty they didn't get.  You would have to have a heart of stone not to laugh.

To be fair, it was a definite penalty, which makes it even better that they didn’t get it.

I actually think officials are trying to gift Liverpool the games ... one goal clear offside like a metre.....  last kick of game origi put through.... well off and fortunately he missed.

West ham look very good..

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Blatantly offside goal (surprise) but West Ham level and should be ahead through Rice, free header.

Watch the huge change at the end for origi, blatant offside again and it would have stood.

quality of officiating throughout the league has been sub par.

39 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I actually think officials are trying to gift Liverpool the games ... one goal clear offside like a metre.....  last kick of game origi put through.... well off and fortunately he missed.

West ham look very good..

They look really organised. If you want a player to shield the CB's and organise the midfield, look no further than Rice. I thought he was going to be the typical over rated Englishman but his positional sense and his reading of the game are superb for someone so young. He isnt quick and he isnt much more than an a very defensive DM so you wouldnt want him in a two man midfield but he does that holding role brilliantly.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

They look really organised. If you want a player to shield the CB's and organise the midfield, look no further than Rice. I thought he was going to be the typical over rated Englishman but his positional sense and his reading of the game are superb for someone so young. He isnt quick and he isnt much more than an a very defensive DM so you wouldnt want him in a two man midfield but he does that holding role brilliantly.

Good lad... very good for his age going that role. 

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Barry 2.0?

Officiating is very biased. I was watching a game a few weeks back with Manchester United, and there was a definite bias in their favor. I felt sorry for the other team because, whenever they were about to break through, the ref would call a niggle foul - but would never call it the other way. I'm a broken record on this subject, I know, but it has to be down to the influence of betting companies on EPL games. They have so much to gain from such bias, and they sponsor, at some level, a majority of the teams. Of course they want pay back for paying all that money.

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Officiating is very biased. I was watching a game a few weeks back with Manchester United, and there was a definite bias in their favor. I felt sorry for the other team because, whenever they were about to break through, the ref would call a niggle foul - but would never call it the other way. I'm a broken record on this subject, I know, but it has to be down to the influence of betting companies on EPL games. They have so much to gain from such bias, and they sponsor, at some level, a majority of the teams. Of course they want pay back for paying all that money.

Its not that deep.

15 hours ago, sibdane said:

Barry 2.0?

I think Barry's passing and vision is better than Rice's will ever be but then again I haven't seen much of him. Im not sure how he would be in attacking team playing 20-30 yard further up the pitch than West Ham did last night but I would back him to work it out as he seems very switched on. Fair play to Pellegrini for picking him.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Klopp has gone into full knobhead mode after last night's game.

Nice fella when everything is going his way and he gets the wrong decisions going in his favour, but when it all goes the other way? Cunt.

Its hilarious. They could have easily scored 2 offside goals and he moans about the ref?! 

If it was someone like Fergie or Mourinho you could see it as trying to shift the focus from his players performance however Klopp was going mad during the game as well.

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think Barry's passing and vision is better than Rice's will ever be but then again I haven't seen much of him. Im not sure how he would be in attacking team playing 20-30 yard further up the pitch than West Ham did last night but I would back him to work it out as he seems very switched on. Fair play to Pellegrini for picking him.

Its hilarious. They could have easily scored 2 offside goals and he moans about the ref?! 

If it was someone like Fergie or Mourinho you could see it as trying to shift the focus from his players performance however Klopp was going mad during the game as well.

I do not really care about how good or bad they are,  yes that they are closer to being x==top than we will be in my lifetime grates a bit (lot) but they desere a bit of glory don't they?  after all they took on Klippety when they did and got rid of Bebeathus  when any other club would have hung on to him or replaced him with the special needs one

39 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Someone compiled all of the weather excuses Klopp has made 😂

Because the weather only affects the shite - never the team they’re playing against. I hate this guy more and more every time he opens his mouth.

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

:D As if all other teams never have to cope with the weather, doesn't he realise what a prat he sounds. When he opens his mouth you can be sure some drivel comes out. Also he's aged in four years!!

The pressure of almost winning things mate! 

He is just deflecting as many comments off his team as he can. If it means that even some people are talking about his post match conference about the weather, the ref, etc then it has worked. Fergie was an absolute master at it.

Blame everything else to the media then lay into the players behind closed doors.

3 hours ago, Btay said:

Every time I see Shaqiri on the bench for them I just think how me paid more for Walcott.

Yep and here was me thinking Walcott was gonna be a better buy than the Ox..... he's been shit. 

And some people were all for giving allardyce money And a transfer window.... he blew £50m on tosun and Walcott.

To be fair, I think Tosun was a chance worth taking. He isn'tt far away from being a decent striker in this league, however with Walcott we knew exactly what we were getting. A lot of people wanted him here though and at the time I am absolutely certain that most fans would have had Walcott over Shaqiri.

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

Yep and here was me thinking Walcott was gonna be a better buy than the Ox..... he's been shit. 

And some people were all for giving allardyce money And a transfer window.... he blew £50m on tosun and Walcott.

He did mate and you and me both thought that they were good buys and heaped praise on both players for some weeks, I will say this as much as I don't like the reds I wish we had Klopp as our manager he's bought well and got the best out of his players.

We have spent over 300 million since Koeman took the reins and haven't progressed, Allardyce spent a 6th of that budget and one of his buys play's regularly and the other gets the occasional game and is always in the squad.

If you looked at points gained against money spent Allardyce would be in front of Koeman and Silva, we need our Klopp instead we've got a flopp..

On 19/03/2018 at 13:47, hafnia said:

I really really like the lad.

Maybe he just ticks a ot of the boxes that lukaku didn't... pretty important ones for me.

1.  Attitude and work rate... he looks like he is a team player and already looks a popular person.  His attitude is spot on. Works his balls off. No moaning or gesturing. The lad is positive... the team mates looked delighted for him. See Baines? Had a look of pure joy for the lad. 

2. Hold up play.  He looks after the ball... this allows the midfielders to push on.  He also works to get the ball off the defenders. It' a massively underrated attribute to have.

3. Brave, strong and aggressive.  Like Gray, sharp, Ferguson, Cahill.... he looks like he would throw his head into a cement mixer.  Lukaku had strength but never used it. Wasn't aggressive.  This lad looks like he's got a good frame and he knows how to use it.  Lacks a bit of pace but he's a proper number 9. 

4. He can finish!.... Lukaku got away with a lot of deserved criticism all because he could score.  It was as though goal scoring and general all round play were mutually exclusive.... you couldn't have both.   This lad seems to be able to do a fair bit of everything. Has he any weaknesses?  Lack of pace.... but is that critical? Shearer wasn't quick. 

Pleased with the signing. I'm not going to credit allardyce with it because he tried to wash his hands of responsibility of him when he hadnt even kicked a ball. 

10 hours ago, hafnia said:

You were happy with Tosun last year and said Alladyce shouldn't get any credit but now you don't like him Alladyce gets the blame. How's that work? Alladyce simply acknowledged he was a risk.

As for Walcott he was our best outfield player last season, his pace alone was a breath of fresh air. At the minute the goals aren't coming and his crossing is a bit off, but how many wingers are consistent? 

26 minutes ago, pete0 said:

You were happy with Tosun last year and said Alladyce shouldn't get any credit but now you don't like him Alladyce gets the blame. How's that work? Alladyce simply acknowledged he was a risk.

As for Walcott he was our best outfield player last season, his pace alone was a breath of fresh air. At the minute the goals aren't coming and his crossing is a bit off, but how many wingers are consistent? 

26 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Ive already said that he's lost his way and doesn't look the player I thought he was..... could be worse.  I could actually try and make myself believe I can't change my opinion on someone eh????

Seems a bit of a jelavic without ever really getting going.  Still like the lad. 

As for allardyce i can't stand the greedy slimey gobshite.  He was on a temporary gig and he knew it but has done nothing other than slag our club off and it's fans since getting his payoff.... but yeah you just keep on imagining how things would be under him.

Speaking of pasting quotes..... is gana gueye still the worst player to ever wear our shirt???. 

12 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Ive already said that he's lost his way and doesn't look the player I thought he was..... could be worse.  I could actually try and make myself believe I can't change my opinion on someone eh????

Seems a bit of a jelavic without ever really getting going.  Still like the lad. 

So shouldn't the issue be the current manager isn'ttt getting the best out of him. And if that's the case maybe a bit of credit to Alladyce for getting him scoring.

To me it looks like you're more agenda focused than it being a change of opinion. You've used him to beat Alladyce with both ways. 

I can admit when I'm wrong about a player. I had the wool pulled over my eyes when Gana first come but watching him week in week out showed my initial thoughts were wrong. 

43 minutes ago, pete0 said:

So shouldn't the issue be the current manager isn'tttt getting the best out of him. And if that's the case maybe a bit of credit to Alladyce for getting him scoring.

To me it looks like you're more agenda focused than it being a change of opinion. You've used him to beat Alladyce with both ways. 

I can admit when I'm wrong about a player. I had the wool pulled over my eyes when Gana first come but watching him week in week out showed my initial thoughts were wrong. 

But is he the worst player to ever pull on a blue shirt.? ..  he absolutely isn'tt in the bottom 100 to play for the club yet you will say he's the worst.... so therefore I don't think you will say you were wrong. 

Nothing is agenda based... I'm aware that players can improve or decline based on other factors.... is it that Silva isn'tt getting the best out of him? Well.... based on what we have seen that can be argued for most players.  I'm not convinced Silva is right despite wanting him in.

Allardyce turned our better players into non footballing robots.  Just like he did at Sunderland, blackburn, west ham, Newcastle.... 

14 minutes ago, hafnia said:

But is he the worst player to ever pull on a blue shirt.? ..  he absolutely isn'ttt in the bottom 100 to play for the club yet you will say he's the worst.... so therefore I don't think you will say you were wrong. 

Nothing is agenda based... I'm aware that players can improve or decline based on other factors.... is it that Silva isn'ttt getting the best out of him? Well.... based on what we have seen that can be argued for most players.  I'm not convinced Silva is right despite wanting him in.

Allardyce turned our better players into non footballing robots.  Just like he did at Sunderland, blackburn, west ham, Newcastle.... 

You said Alladyce squandered £50m. You evidenced his two signings. Yet you were happy with one when Alladyce was here (not that you give him credit for it). Now you say you've changed your mind but dodged the question. Is your hate (apologies but cba googling another word for it) for Alladyce that deep you any give him any credit? 

As for his signings both improved us last season under him. Looking at Allardyce's record he's a solid manager and solid in the transfer market. He's negative but not had a chance to be expansive. Even without improving us to play fancy football his experience shows he'd have a sorted this mess of a squad out and made us more solid. For me I'd personally have kept him a season to build solid foundations for a more expansive manager to build on. 

What players did he make worse? 

34 minutes ago, pete0 said:

You said Alladyce squandered £50m. You evidenced his two signings. Yet you were happy with one when Alladyce was here (not that you give him credit for it). Now you say you've changed your mind but dodged the question. Is your hate (apologies but cba googling another word for it) for Alladyce that deep you any give him any credit? 

As for his signings both improved us last season under him. Looking at Allardyce's record he's a solid manager and solid in the transfer market. He's negative but not had a chance to be expansive. Even without improving us to play fancy football his experience shows he'd have a sorted this mess of a squad out and made us more solid. For me I'd personally have kept him a season to build solid foundations for a more expansive manager to build on. 

What players did he make worse? 

Dodging questions???? Is gana the worst player to wear an Everton shirt??? Answer it. 

I disliked allardyce immensely after the England fiasco so what makes you think I would like him for his Everton shit show?  He got Baines and Coleman back for what was arguably their swansong - tosun looked like a player who would benefit from a pre season but hasn't.  Walcott I called out as being the player we are seeing during allardyces time here.  He made the whole team look worse - never mind players.   Even when mathematically safe he could expand the football. I'd sooner go through the Silva experiment than suffer under a semi retired money grabbing egomaniac boring the shit out of the fans but he's very very left field and therefore a prime candidate for you to champion despite being the most unpopular bd negarive manager our fans have encountered. 

Back on to gana.... is he the worst player to wear a blue shirt? 

Liverpool got another two extra points courtesy of a goalkeeping error.  Premiership goalkeepers must all have had a bet on Liverpool winning the league.  Along with our Jordan, there have been a couple of other goalkeeping howlers that have given Liverpool all three points.

I was playing a medal 🥇 Saturday and one of the lads I was drawn with had Man City head covers, so we got talking about how he came to support City so on and so on, then out of no where he tells me he put a £25.00 bet on Liverpool winning the league and was now torn between them and City. 

I remember thinking you cock needless to say I didn’t speak to him much after that revelation, partly to do with he was always in the middle of the fairway and I wasn’t, which made him a bigger cock. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I was playing a medal 🥇 Saturday and one of the lads I was drawn with had Man City head covers, so we got talking about how he came to support City so on and so on, then out of no where he tells me he put a £25.00 bet on Liverpool winning the league and was now torn between them and City

I remember thinking you cock needless to say I didn’t speak to him much after that revelation, partly to do with he was always in the middle of the fairway and I wasn’t, which made him a bigger cock. 

Bloody ridiculous, what would the odds on Liverpool at the start of the season? 3/1 at best would be my guess so he's willing to have the club he "supports" lose the title for not much more than his head covers cost him? Just stupid. If he was a serious gambler (and an "armchair" supporter) and had wagered £2500 then I could understand the dilemma a bit.

45 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Can't help but imagine how far city would be in front of VAR was in play this season.

Fuckin joke and you've got carragher being the most unbiased commentator ever. 

8 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Fuckin joke and you've got carragher being the most unbiased commentator ever. 

Makes it not worth watching. Carragher is the worst, but any pundit that supports the team that is playing shouldnt be allowed to partake in the coverage, it's horrible for the neutral and the opposite team. 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Makes it not worth watching. Carragher is the worst, but any pundit that supports the team that is playing shouldnt be allowed to partake in the coverage, it's horrible for the neutral and the opposite team. 

People are complaining like mad about it.  Tweeting sky the lot....

Souness

Dalglish daughter

Jamie Redknapp

Carragher

Absolute joke of a channel. 

12 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Just heard tommy smith has died. R.I.P

Horrible bugger when he was playing but a proper local legend and hero for the dark side, 74 is too young. Feel for them.