IGNORED

Kopite Thread

They can bring in all the attacking talent they want it won't replace Suarez and it will count for fuck all with that current back four

My thoughts too. A massive miss for them.

How many goals, either directly or assisting, was he responsible for last season?

He was dynamic. He played like he was told he could go after one more big season. Like Fergie did with Ronaldo.

Them fuckers are being daft if they think they'll do the same this season without him.

They did fine without him during the games he was banned, including 2 cup games), Sturridge scoring 4 goals in 4 EPL games (winning 3 of the games) before Suarez got back.

Anyone who thinks they wont do well with Suarez is incredibly naive...

Edited by Matt

They did fine without him during the games he was banned, including 2 cup games), Sturridge scoring 4 goals in 4 EPL games (winning 3 of the games) before Suarez got back.

They will still do well as they have a good squad but anyone who thinks that they will do as well next year without Suarez ' s goals, assists and all round play is naive.

When you include the extra games and increased expectation it will be an amazing effort for them to finish 2nd and be as close as they were last season.

Guest blueboy122

It will be an amazing effort for them to get into the top 4 again to be honest.

The squad is going to have to adapt to life without there main man and also their new players will need time to gel.

They will still be a good side but I don't expect them to be pushing for any title.

Suarez was there everything.

It's not about them doing 'well' but doing 'as well'.

They will still do well as they have a good squad but anyone who thinks that they will do as well next year without Suarez ' s goals, assists and all round play is naive.

When you include the extra games and increased expectation it will be an amazing effort for them to finish 2nd and be as close as they were last season.

Guess we will wait and see. I dont think I am being naive, they are not a 1 man squad so theres no reason they cannot do as well next year. Will they score as many? Probably not, but then a lot of Suarezs goals were in games already won, they were often "icing on the cake". Thats not a dig at Suarez (for a change), just emphasizing Sturridges contributions tended to be more more influential to games.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=47538

Guess we will wait and see. I dont think I am being naive, they are not a 1 man squad so theres no reason they cannot do as well next year. Will they score as many? Probably not, but then a lot of Suarezs goals were in games already won, they were often "icing on the cake". Thats not a dig at Suarez (for a change), just emphasizing Sturridges contributions tended to be more more influential to games.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=47538

Guess I should also point out that I absolutely hope you're all correct!

hello again.

From my point of view, it's not so much about replacing Suarez - we don't need to score 100+ league goals to have a good season - it's making sure the money we get for him counts for something. We conceded 50 goals, I think, last year. Shave a significant number off the GA column, improve the squad numbers so we're not reduced to bringing on the likes of aspas and moses to try and change games that aren't going our way, more depth in the creative departments to allow the develpoment of sterling and coutinho to continue without them bearing the extra burden of expectation that suarez leaving would bring, and share the goals more evenly between attack and midfield - these are all much more pressing issues than blowing the lot on someone like Falcao or Benzema and crossing our fingers he has a good season. Most importantly, it's a young squad with a lot of potential, next season isn't the be all and end all in terms of winning titles.

In short - if it means beating stoke 3-0 instead of 5-3 and being able to actually defend a set piece, and hold on to a lead at palace, then we'll take it. :)

Beeb running the story now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28385300

The Clap, 'something' in his water sample or, more seriously, an underlying heart problem is where I'll stick my 50p bet. If it's the latter don't touch him, if it's anything else offer £4m for him.

Just seen EFC-Paul's post.... heart it is then. If it's only a murmur, still offer £4m.

Edited by Cake

The Clap, 'something' in his water sample or, more seriously, an underlying heart problem is where I'll stick my 50p bet. If it's the latter don't touch him, if it's anything else offer £4m for him.

Just seen EFC-Paul's post.... heart it is then. If it's only a murmur, still offer £4m.

Reminds me of Asa Hartford, ex Everton player; had a great career with a "serious" heart condition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asa_Hartford

if you're liverpool and splashing the cash don't you just buy remy and force borini out or play him with the U21's and then he will leave on his own in january?

i don't believe that one bit from sky.

It's not actually Sky reporting it as their own info tbf, they said Remy's representatives said that was the reason the deal was off. They also reported that Liverpool had said it was due to the medical. So they're just covering the story as a whole.

It's not actually Sky reporting it as their own info tbf, they said Remy's representatives said that was the reason the deal was off. They also reported that Liverpool had said it was due to the medical. So they're just covering the story as a whole.

it still doesn't make sense. liverpool has plenty of money, borini's contract isn't that much, surely you'd rate remy over borini. so why not just bring him in and put borini on the bench. how can the players dictate the lineups? so strange.

it still doesn't make sense. liverpool has plenty of money, borini's contract isn't that much, surely you'd rate remy over borini. so why not just bring him in and put borini on the bench. how can the players dictate the lineups? so strange.

It makes perfect sense that Remy's representatives would put this story out there. It's bad for them and their client if people think it's because he failed the medical.

As far as I'm concerned the medical is the reason, not Borini, but you can see why they'd try to muddy the waters by saying it's because of Borini.