IGNORED

Kopite Thread

Guest Nikica

I apologise to other members for my dismissive attitude towards 'blueboy' in the above post, I just can't be bothered with the premface type logic which informs his second paragraph. I can't stand that type of thing. Casting aspersions on Messi's ability to do well in the PL? And you ask if I am joking?

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

completely wrong...people dislike suarez cos he's a prized cunt

So is Rooney - but he seems loved on here because he came through at Everton, thus backing up my claim of tribal bias.

Rooney is a vile individual, definitely as bad as Suarez, if not worse. Lots of footballers are pricks, but Everton hate Liverpool so you will naturally hate Suarez. I am not even defending him as a person, but to say his goal was 'lucky' is ridiculous. If a Celtic player scored that I'd be man enough to admit it was a good goal.

Edited by Nikica

rooney isn't a racist(which to me is the lowest of the low)

i don't love rooney at all...he's a great player but a thug at times..just like suarez is a great player but a cunt at all times

no chance on this earth rooney is as bigger prick as suarez is imo

Guest Nikica

rooney isn't a racist(which to me is the lowest of the low)

i don't love rooney at all...he's a great player but a thug at times..just like suarez is a great player but a cunt at all times

no chance on this earth rooney is as bigger prick as suarez is imo

Suarez isn't a racist. Evra himself has admitted Suarez is not a racist. The guy has had his name dragged through the mud.

Rooney is a vile human being who cheated on his wife while she was pregnant (we know that to be fact, unlike the allegations of Suarez being a racist) and has done numerous sordid things, like most of his cuntish team-mates at Man United.

Suarez seems a tool as well, but he's certainly no worse than Potato Head.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

Since the racism debate has cropped up...

Liverpool and Man United both used the very serious issue of racism in a game of one up-manship. They've taken something much bigger than football (racism) and used it as a way intensify to their petty, tribal rivalry.

They should both be ashamed of themselves.

So is Rooney - but he seems loved on here because he came through at Everton, thus backing up my claim of tribal bias.

Rooney is a vile individual, definitely as bad as Suarez, if not worse. Lots of footballers are pricks, but Everton hate Liverpool so you will naturally hate Suarez. I am not even defending him as a person, but to say his goal was 'lucky' is ridiculous. If a Celtic player scored that I'd be man enough to admit it was a good goal.

Like marco said, Suarez is a racist and dives all over the place, not to mention he BIT! Someone whilst playing for Ajax, and is naturally a cheat, thats why we hate him. you could go on most forums in the country and they would say the same thing.

Rooney is hated by most fans because he is a great player ( not that Suarez isn't) most people hate united for the same reason. I admit that in his younger days he was a bit badly behaved but he hasn't even been booked this season! To compare him to suarez is plain lunacy. People on here stick up for him a bit because all the shit he got/gets when he played us isn't really justified, not because he came from everton.

Like marco said, Suarez is a racist and dives all over the place, not to mention he BIT! Someone whilst playing for Ajax, And the handball in the WC and is naturally a cheat, thats why we hate him. you could go on most forums in the country and they would say the same thing.

Rooney is hated by most fans because he is a great player ( not that Suarez isn't) most people hate united for the same reason. I admit that in his younger days he was a bit badly behaved but he hasn't even been booked this season! To compare him to suarez is plain lunacy. People on here stick up for him a bit because all the shit he got/gets when he played us isn't really justified, not because he came from everton.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Suarez isn't a racist. Evra himself has admitted Suarez is not a racist. The guy has had his name dragged through the mud.

Rooney is a vile human being who cheated on his wife while she was pregnant (we know that to be fact, unlike the allegations of Suarez being a racist) and has done numerous sordid things, like most of his cuntish team-mates at Man United.

Suarez seems a tool as well, but he's certainly no worse than Potato Head.

he got done for racism...they didn't appeal the decision? that says enough to me...a pathetic excuse for a human being...shame really as he is a talented footballer(although i don't think he's as good as people say)

what rooney did isn't anyone's business...suarez has made a once great club look like a bunch of clowns..and the whole handshake fiasco afterwards was pathetic from him and dalglish

Guest Nikica

Like marco said, Suarez is a racist and dives all over the place, not to mention he BIT! Someone whilst playing for Ajax, and is naturally a cheat, thats why we hate him. you could go on most forums in the country and they would say the same thing.

Loads of forums hate Rooney as well, what's your point? As for Rooney not being booked - sheer bias towards United. The amount of shit he gets away with in games is ridiculous. He's certainly been carded at international level, and as a result the useless oaf can't even play the first two games in the Ukraine. Rooney is a natural cheat as well - this sounds xenophobic, slagging off the foreigner etc.

I've heard this jealousy argument before and it's pure drivel - if Rooney is a great player (I think he's very good but not great), why do I like even better players than him such as Messi, Maradona, Pele, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Garrincha etc? Why do I not dislike all of them as well?

As for hating United because they are successful - I admire Barcelona, who have won more domestic titles and more European Cups than United and their current team is better than any in United's history. Surely I would hate them if I was envious of success, no?

Shi te logic.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

he got done for racism...they didn't appeal the decision? that says enough to me...a pathetic excuse for a human being...shame really as he is a talented footballer(although i don't think he's as good as people say)

what rooney did isn't anyone's business...suarez has made a once great club look like a bunch of clowns..and the whole handshake fiasco afterwards was pathetic from him and dalglish

Evra called him a 'sudaca' (pejorative term for South American) and the FA didn't let it go to a proper court because they knew the case would be laughed out of the door.

I personally don't believe that Suarez is a racist, and I think he's the victim of a media witchhunt.

Rooney is vile scum who needs to be knocked out. Suarez is a tool as well but he isn't racist. Do you read the tabloids by any chance? Sounds like it.

don't read tabloids at all..full of shite...i make my own opinions from what i see and what's in the reputable press..evra is a prick of the highest order too and i can't stand the man...he may have done summat wrong but liverpool didn't chase it up enough obviously..and if the case would be laughed out the door then not much of a case is it? i cannot see any way evra would have reacted like he did had suarez said something else...you sound like a 'woe is me red' to be honest..that mentality of theirs is pathetic and i really hope you're better than that

Guest Nikica

don't read tabloids at all..full of shite...i make my own opinions from what i see and what's in the reputable press..evra is a prick of the highest order too and i can't stand the man...he may have done summat wrong but liverpool didn't chase it up enough obviously..and if the case would be laughed out the door then not much of a case is it? i cannot see any way evra would have reacted like he did had suarez said something else...you sound like a 'woe is me red' to be honest..that mentality of theirs is pathetic and i really hope you're better than that

Hahaha, I am not a Liverpool fan. I couldn't care less if they win or lose. I don't hate them but I don't like them either.

However, Evra has a history of being a scummy little germ who cries wolf, and of terrible behaviour (bullying of Gourcuff at the WC), and I wouldn't believe anything he claims.

The truth is that the fight against racism has been cheapened by these two clubs point-scoring against each other and it makes me sick. Racism is a serious issue and to see Man United and Liverpool cheapen it to intensify their petty rivalry is repulsive.

I can assure you that the massive fight against racism isn't being fought between Evra and Suarez.

Guest Nikica

i'm sure it isn't but that isn't my point...my point is i think suarez is a horrible racist man with no remorse for cheating...not that they are the fronts of 2 armies of racism

agree to disagree i guess..i think he's a cunt you don't smile.png

Nah, I agree he is a cunt, I just don't think he is a racist cuntcool.png

He has a shocking on-field history (one thing I don't hold against him is the Ghana game, any player would have done that imo), but I genuinely don't think he hates black people.

Guest blueboy122

I read the first paragraph, and was going to reply respectfully and counter your points, but then I read what your post descended into in the second paragraph and realised I'd be talking to a brick wall.

On one hand, you're glorifying Rooney in a very sycophantic manner, claiming he is some sort of complete player when he clearly isn't (I must be joking to not think Rooney is some sort of perfect player? That's a fucking laugh), and on the other, you're saying Messi 'isn't that good' because he didn't play well against Chelsea, despite destroying most of the other top European teams he plays against.

People on this site seem very nice, but if you are going to descend into Premfacery rubbish like 'could Messi do it in the Prem?' (have you seen how Aguero, Silva, Torres etc all adapted to the PL, all inferior players to Messi by the way), then I refuse to debate with you. I have no time for PL bumboys who think La Liga is cr ap etc - been arguing against that for years and been proved right time and again. Are you going to start saying that Messi would struggle on a cold night at Stoke now?

If we are going by your 'Messi had a bad game' logic, then Rooney must be a pub player after last night. Knee-jerk, much?

Your flawed logic in regards to judging a player based on how many leagues he has been successful in isn't worth bothering with either. Is Ronaldo better than Pele? Pele only played in one league. C Ronaldo has been terrible in numerous big games (I actually watch La Liga) and in CL games, but his goals mask that. Messi effects games far more than Ronaldo does, Ronaldo has become a great goalscorer but his build-up play isn't anywhere near Messi's. For example, he scored in the 2008 CL Final and then disappeared, he did nothing in 2009 CL Final, and he's done nothing until very recently in any games against Barcelona.

The general concensus is that Messi is a much better player than Ronaldo, and only a strange minority consider Ronaldo to be the better player, so there's no point questioning Messi and attempting to place Ronaldo above him. Argue about Robben and Aguero all you like, but Rooney is nowhere near the three Barca boys and Ronaldo, only PL fanboys think he is.

Let me guess, you were one of the people saying he was up there with Messi and Ronaldo in the run-up to the last World Cup? Lol.

I'm not trying to be a tosser mate but come on? How can you pretend that Rooney has no weaknesses to his game and then question if Messi could do it in the PL? The defending in the PL is terrible for the most part, Messi would have a field day!

I'm sorry if I have ranted at you here but let's get real - Rooney has flaws to his game and there's no way Messi is overrated, as you imply. In all honesty I don't think you truly believe the things you are saying.

No need for the manner of your post at all you fucking prick.I put my argument forward and then you get all high and mighty. Its all opinion you goat. You ask Messi, Ronaldo etc is Rooney a world class player, what would they say? List the things rooney is missing in his game? Clearly you know more than anyone.

Your point about Messi was a joke as well. I was simply putting the point out that he isnt this footballing god that he is portrayed as, he can have a bad game like every other player. And regarding Ronaldo he has accomplished alot more than Messi so in my opinion he is a better player, Ronaldo has pot himself to the test time and time again by ripping up various leagues, where as messi only rips up the spanish league teams every year.

And as for the rest of your post I have no idea what you are talking about."Robben and Aguero".. "Run up to the world cup"..."Rooney and Ronaldo"..."Messi over rated". What are you on about. Read my post again.

But as you watch spanish football everything you say is right.

Bore off mate.

Guest Nikica

No need for the manner of your post at all you fucking prick.I put my argument forward and then you get all high and mighty. Its all opinion you goat. You ask Messi, Ronaldo etc is Rooney a world class player, what would they say? List the things rooney is missing in his game? Clearly you know more than anyone.

Your point about Messi was a joke as well. I was simply putting the point out that he isnt this footballing god that he is portrayed as, he can have a bad game like every other player. And regarding Ronaldo he has accomplished alot more than Messi so in my opinion he is a better player, Ronaldo has pot himself to the test time and time again by ripping up various leagues, where as messi only rips up the spanish league teams every year.

And as for the rest of your post I have no idea what you are talking about."Robben and Aguero".. "Run up to the world cup"..."Rooney and Ronaldo"..."Messi over rated". What are you on about. Read my post again.

But as you watch spanish football everything you say is right.

Bore off mate.

The manner of my post? Read your own reply in your previous post. Practically crying because I said Rooney has flaws in his game, which is a reasonable opinion. I even tried to be nice at the end of my post and appeal to your better nature, but it was lost on you.

I mention Robben and Aguero because they were part of the list of players I said had the x Factor Rooney doesn't.

It's become clear to me that you're a Rooney fanboy. Rooney has plenty missing from his game. For a start, his first touch isn't the best. He also cannot dribble to create space for himself or create a chance out of nothing for himself. His passing can be very erratic as well. He's a very good player, I don't dispute that, but he's not the footballing god you are trying to claim he is. Quite ironic that you're trying to claim Rooney is this complete player, but when I do the same of Messi (who is far more deserving of the title) you attack me.

The rest of your post is absolute shi te. Messi only does it against the Spanish teams? So he has to move to England to prove he's as good as everyone says? What a load of shite. Have you ever even seen him play against top teams in the CL? I'm embarrassed for you having read that.

It's generally accepted that anyone who rates Ronaldo as better than Messi has an agenda, and the vast majority of the world rates Messi higher, so I feel no need to defend that position. Ronaldo has only accomplished a lot more than Messi in your mind. Who has won WPOTY more often, who's won more CLs? Who's broken more records? It's pointless saying that 'Messi has only done it in one league' because inferior players to him have come to the PL from Spain and looked like world beaters. We can hypothesise from that that Messi would run riot in the PL.It's pointless to use Messi's loyalty to Barca against him. Again, your logic is flawed as fuck, because if we were rating players by how many leagues they have been successful in (an argument I have only ever heard Ronaldo fans use to elevate him above Messi), then Pele and George Best would be inferior to Cristiano, as they only really ever played and performed in one top league (Brazilian and English). Don't claim the Brazilian league was a pub league either, because in the 60s it was extremely strong.

You didn't say Messi 'had a bad game', you said he wasn't all that good. Forget everything he has done in his career, and judge him off a couple of games against the Chavs? Aye, that makes sense.

It doesn't really matter how highly Messi and Ronaldo rate Rooney, as players are always complimentary towards each other. I doubt either rates Rooney anywhere near themselves, privately, because he's simply not on their level ffs.

My comment about watching Spanish football was a suggestion that you seem to be a PL fanboy who doesn't watch other leagues. Instead, you've tried to make it the focus of your reply because you know you cannot respond to my points.

You think Rooney is some sort of complete player with no flaws to his game, and that Messi is overrated. That tells me everything I need to know about you. No doubt you were saying United would hammer Athletic as well.

This is a good football site. It's not a place for people to descend into PL bumming rubbish like 'the EPL is da bestest league eva! Could Messi handle it at Stoke on a windy night?'.

I tried being nice at the end of my post, but that didn't work..

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

Just don't reply. I haven't got time for people who think English football is the be all and end all.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

come on chaps...personal insults get ya nowhere..

I have edited out most of the insults, as he started it and it annoyed me.

I've tried pulling him up on how poor his logic is but he won't listen. Judging players by how many leagues they play in, suggesting Messi would struggle in England even when the likes of Silva and Aguero have proved the 'English league is too physical for small players' myth is exactly that, I've explained some of the weaknesses I believe exist in Rooney's game, and I've tried to explain how daft it is to say Messi 'isn't all that good' because of two games against Chelsea.

He'll just reply with more attacks though.

Edited by Nikica

The rest of your post is absolute shite. Messi only does it against the Spanish teams? So he has to move to England to prove he's as good as everyone says? What a load of shite. Have you ever even seen him play against top teams in the CL? I'm embarrassed for you having read that.

I'm not taking sides but I 100% agree with this. It gets on my tits that people say that Messi is not the best player in the world because he has 'only played in Spain'. Are people really suggesting that he has to go around the world moving clubs just to satisfy the pundits? FC Barcelona have bent over backwards to get Leo where he is today and rightly he's said that he wants to spend his whole career there.

Messi has torn up teams all over Europe in the Champions League and has done pretty well when called upon by Argentina. The argument that CR is better because he has been at more clubs is pathetic, Messi is the best player in the world today and is the best player in my lifetime so far by a long way.

Guest Nikica

I'm not taking sides but I 100% agree with this. It gets on my tits that people say that Messi is not the best player in the world because he has 'only played in Spain'. Are people really suggesting that he has to go around the world moving clubs just to satisfy the pundits? FC Barcelona have bent over backwards to get Leo where he is today and rightly he's said that he wants to spend his whole career there.

Messi has torn up teams all over Europe in the Champions League and has done pretty well when called upon by Argentina. The argument that CR is better because he has been at more clubs is pathetic, Messi is the best player in the world today and is the best player in my lifetime so far by a long way.

Thanks. People who say that generally tend to be PL watching people who never watch foreign football and think anyone who isn't 'PL proven' is overrated. It's the height of arrogance and the only people they let down are themselves. I enjoy watching the PL, but the way some of its fans are really disrespectful to other leagues is unfair. Maradona and Pele never played in England, so are they overrated? it's ridiculous logic.

The second paragraph of yours is also spot on. People mock Messi at international level, but he done well at the 2007 Copa and 2008 Olympics, and having watched all their games, he was actually Argentina's biggest threat in the last World Cup (until the Germany game admittedly). People judged him on how many goals he scored but he actually created loads and hit the woodwork constantly. He certainly wasn't as poor as some other top players. He could have done better but he wasn't poor. As always, people think if an attacker doesn't score it means he has had a bad game.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

I can't even believe I am having this conversation. This 'more leagues, Messi isn't that good because he was poor against Chelsea' is the type of argument you expect to have with a 14 year old who's only just started watching football. No offence.

Edited by Nikica

Messi is one footed, Ronaldo and Higuian are more clinical in Spain. Messi even admitted/acknowledged Xavi and Iniesta are better than himself. How can you claim he's the best player in the world when he was a ghost against Chelsea. Many strikers I'd have before him: Ronaldo, Villa, Higuian, Pato, Cavani, Podolski, Ibrahimovic, Llorente

I can't even believe I am having this conversation. This 'more leagues, Messi isn't that good because he was poor against Chelsea' is the type of argument you expect to have with a 14 year old who's only just started watching football. No offence.

It werent that he didnt play well, it was his game is totally useless against an English style defence.

Messi is also targeted for poor performances. For example if Leighton Baines had a bad game for England then it would be okay, because he's just a decent footballer doing a job for his country, it's totally different for Leo because he is the worlds best player and anything other than spectacular means that he's terrible for some reason.

People seem to want Leo to fail IMO and will look at anything to try and prove that he is not the player the media make him out to be.

And about the Premiership I totally agree with you. Whilst I believe the Premiership is the best league in the world I believe that just because you haven't played it in dosen't make you 'over-rated', some people are too ignorant to see that there is class in other parts of the world, not just England.

Guest Nikica

Messi is one footed, Ronaldo and Higuian are more clinical in Spain. Messi even admitted/acknowledged Xavi and Iniesta are better than himself. How can you claim he's the best player in the world when he was a ghost against Chelsea. Many strikers I'd have before him: Ronaldo, Villa, Higuian, Pato, Cavani, Podolski, Ibrahimovic, Llorente

huh.png

Maradona was one-footed. So what? He's the best player of all time. Of course Messi said Xavi and Iniesta were better than he is, he's not going to proclaim himself the best is he (I rate Xavi and Iniesta as the second and third best players in the world, btw).

Messi isn't clinical in Spain? Even if that's true (it isn't), I think you need to acknowledge that Messi is a false nine - he's a far bigger all-round threat than the likes of Ronaldo and certainly Higuain, who is inferior to Benzema and offers very little if he isn't scoring.

As for taking the likes of Pato, Zlatan, Higuain and Podolski over Messi, you have to be on the WUM, right? I mean, opinions are one thing, but that's completely insane.

His performance against Chelsea doesn't dictate how good he is as a footballer.

Edited by Nikica