IGNORED

Chelsea (H)

djsunyc

saturday august 30 at 530pm

everton 0-2-0, 2 points

chelsea 2-0-0, 6 points

50 mins of solid play vs. leicester

70 mins of solid play vs. arsenal (still ticked off at giving away 2 points here :angry: )

maybe we can get it to 90 mins this week...eto'o thinks so :D

Eto_o-465618.jpg

one thing alarmed me was when robby said we ran out of steam we did, but arsenal did not.

not sure about etoo but I was not sure about barry and he turned out very well.

still think we need a centre back (Curtis Davies) had a great game for hull on sunday.

This should be a good game.

I watched the Burnley game and Chelsea looked really sharp in periods but then look a little shoddy in others, especially defensively which is unusual for them. From what I heard of the Leicester match, they didnt fire on all cylinders either but importantly for them, they are winning.

We have also been excellent in parts but unlike Chelsea we havent finished the job. They should be a real threat to us on the counter but we negated that pretty well at their place last season. Hopefully Lukaku is fit, because he will want to get one over on Mourinho and with Kev on the right and maybe Naismith drifting in from the left (or vica versa) with Besic, McCarthy and Barry centrally I think we could cause them a few problems of our own.

To have any chance though we need to keep our concentration for 90mins and at the moment I dont see that being the case. Might as well go for another 2-2 :)

I can see this being a very open end to end game with a few goals. Purely for the fact we have goals in us but cannot defend for s**t at the moment. I'm really hoping Rom is fit and can notch a goal or 2 just to ram it down old Jose's throat. I'm expecting pretty much the same line up bar Pienaar. My starting 11 would be:

Howard Subs:Robles

Coleman Stones Jags Baines Besic

Barry McCarthy Distin

Mirallas Naismith McGeady Eto

Rom Atsu

Gibson

Hibbert

I can see this being a very open end to end game with a few goals. Purely for the fact we have goals in us but cannot defend for s**t at the moment. I'm really hoping Rom is fit and can notch a goal or 2 just to ram it down old Jose's throat. I'm expecting pretty much the same line up bar Pienaar. My starting 11 would be:

Howard Subs:Robles

Coleman Stones Jags Baines Besic

Barry McCarthy Distin

Mirallas Naismith McGeady Eto

Rom Atsu

Gibson

Hibbert

That's some formation that matey :P

is it just me or why is naismith seen as a defitnate starter now, yes hes played well for what he gives you for say the last 10 games he's had for us but rom cost 28 million and hes playing on the wing. kev is also a better player but i can see why we play him wide. osman will not get us in europe if he has to play the majority of games too. we have to try something differant we look so easy to read on the pitch. and we still have this nervous mentality when winning a game. jagielka seriously needs to get better at keeping the ball its really frustrating that any chance howard and jags get they lump it up

coleman---jags------------------distin-----------baines--

-----------------------barry--mccarthy---------------------

-------Atsu----------------Kev----------------Mcgeady---

---------------------------Rom-------------------------------

pace could win this game but i do admit this is not likely to be the 11 and ross would change that team dramatically.

COYB

Edited by Blue4Ever

is it just me or why is naismith seen as a defitnate starter now, yes hes played well for what he gives you for say the last 10 games he's had for us but rom cost 28 million and hes playing on the wing. kev is also a better player but i can see why we play him wide. osman will not get us in europe if he has to play the majority of games too. we have to try something differant we look so easy to read on the pitch. and we still have this nervous mentality when winning a game. jagielka seriously needs to get better at keeping the ball its really frustrating that any chance howard and jags get they lump it up

pace could win this game but i do admit this is not likely to be the 11 and ross would change that team dramatically.

COYB

He's been MOTM for the last two games, simple as that. For me its Rom who needs to prove he's worth the start.

Completely sends out the wrong message to the players to drop the best performer.

Edited by Hafnia

COYB

He's been the best player on the pitch both games! Played 2 scored 2. What more can he do?

To drop him after that would be terrible management from Martinez and send the wrong message out to the squad.

He's a guaranteed starter and rightfully so because he's more than earned it.

I hope Martinez sets up the team to play the usual attacking game with confidence and arrogance, I can't see them defending for 90 mins and getting away with it.

Fabregas, Costa, Hazard... that is real talent out there. I can't see more than a Chelsea win, but hopefully I am wrong on this one.

Let's see how we can cope with the top teams of the division (Manchester City and Chelsea). Arsenal is right in our league "fight for 4th", as should be Tottenham and Liverpool.

I somehow have the feeling that any of those teams competing for 4th, if they have a good run of form can challenge for the title. Let's see.

I would start a fit Lukaku over Naismith any day. Naismith has done really well in the last two games and last season but Lukaku simply offers more. Personally I would put Naismith wide for this game and get him to cut inside. Ivanovich has been a key player for Chelsea in the last couple of games down the right so our left side needs to be watertight and I dont see McGeady offering that protection.

I would start a fit Lukaku over Naismith any day. Naismith has done really well in the last two games and last season but Lukaku simply offers more. Personally I would put Naismith wide for this game and get him to cut inside. Ivanovich has been a key player for Chelsea in the last couple of games down the right so our left side needs to be watertight and I dont see McGeady offering that protection.

Despite my support for Lukaku, an inform player will always take priority in the picking and thats Naismith at the moment.

Irrelevant debate though, since they're both going to be starting :)

Has there been any news on Pienaar? If he's okay to go I'd play with him on the left, Mirallas on the right and Naismith in behind Lukaku. If he can't play, I might try something like this:

Howard

Coleman Stones Jagielka Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

Naismith

Lukaku Mirallas

Has there been any news on Pienaar? If he's okay to go I'd play with him on the left, Mirallas on the right and Naismith in behind Lukaku. If he can't play, I might try something like this:

Howard

Coleman Stones Jagielka Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

Naismith

Lukaku Mirallas

Martinez said Pienaar won't feature.

Despite my support for Lukaku, an inform player will always take priority in the picking and thats Naismith at the moment.

Irrelevant debate though, since they're both going to be starting :)

Don't forget that Lukaku has 2 assists (well played a big part in 2 of our goals this season) so I would hardly call him out of form. My reasoning would be that Naismith couldn't have created the two goals that Lukaku did but Lukaku could have finished off the two chances Naismith did. I wouldn't want to drop him from the team but my pick would be Lukaku if it was one of the other.

Don't forget that Lukaku has 2 assists (well played a big part in 2 of our goals this season) so I would hardly call him out of form. My reasoning would be that Naismith couldn't have created the two goals that Lukaku did but Lukaku could have finished off the two chances Naismith did. I wouldn't want to drop him from the team but my pick would be Lukaku if it was one of the other.

Not saying Lukaku isn't in form, just that Naismith is in better form; better fitness, better movement, better goal return so far. If I absolutely had to make a choice, I would choose Naismith. But again, like I said, neither will be dropped and I'm happy with that, that is my first choice anyway :)

Got to say for Lukakus assist against Arsenal I was about to hold my head in my hands, he ran the ball and nearly ran past it, lost his momentum allowing the defenders to get back, the pass did save it though, but.... yes it was nearly a momentum that made me despair.

Lukakus overall play suggests he is some way off being where he needs to be. There is no way I would have him over Naismith at the moment. He can do great things in bursts and be a match winner but he is equally liable to having too many off moments at the moment.

Got to say for Lukakus assist against Arsenal I was about to hold my head in my hands, he ran the ball and nearly ran past it, lost his momentum allowing the defenders to get back, the pass did save it though, but.... yes it was nearly a momentum that made me despair.

Lukakus overall play suggests he is some way off being where he needs to be. There is no way I would have him over Naismith at the moment. He can do great things in bursts and be a match winner but he is equally liable to having too many off moments at the moment.

But he's going to be really psyched up to beat Chelsea ("you're not ready"). And so will Eto'o ("you're too old").