IGNORED

Injuries update

For the record I think Cotto has it spot on. Our pre season was woeful, our players look like they lack full fitness and I suspect this has been the cause of some (not all) our injury problems and Wigan had a similar issue last season and I'm praying.a pattern isn't developing.

So no it's not just another excuse to bash Martinez, it's a genuine concern I have. I don't need to scrape the barrel for excuses to bash him he's giving me plenty without having to look hard.

OK...back on topic.

All sound but the bit in bold. Why would Wigan having injury problems last season have anything to do with Martinez?

Reading back it looks as though MC played Paddock into that one. Didn't seem like Newty said anything against you Paddock but rather gave you a little respect by saying you are big enough to stand up for yourself. unless of course there is previous :)

Clever play MC, looked for back-up and brought some in.

Anyway it looks even so far so lets all get back on subject and remember we all support the same team.

i think you'll find I never agreed or backed up either but if I lay slightly to the side of one it was Newty so no idea what you "read" tbh??

Either way, it's done now so lets leave it at that.

I had a dream last noght Hull beat us 1-0 at Goodison and Martinez got sacked .

Get your money on it.

i think you'll find I never agreed or backed up either but if I lay slightly to the side of one it was Newty so no idea what you "read" tbh??

Either way, it's done now so lets leave it at that.

I had a dream last noght Hull beat us 1-0 at Goodison and Martinez got sacked .

Get your money on it.

Hmmmm. You work shifts or something?

I'll get money on it...but first, how often do your dreams come true?

Anyone else concerned that Martinez last season at Wigan was "dogged with injuries"?

Not saying it's the case but could it be the training methods?

No :P

Mirallas and Stones injured on the pitch, Pienaar and Alcaraz have been a sicknotes and I don't see it being linked to training, more age. McCarthy apparently got injured in the Derby, Coleman who knows with the different versions of events. Who am I missing?

Hmmmm. You work shifts or something?

I'll get money on it...but first, how often do your dreams come true?

No I just have really cushy shifts in my job and am home by 2 every day unless I do a favour and as for my dreams, so far I've not manged to bang Kim Kardashian so I'd just have a fiver on it if I were you :D

Jesus Christ...

I cant wait to see what the next 'problem' with the club that will be down to Martinez. I actually feel sorry for the guy now and think he should probably get out while he can.

I had had enough of Moyes by the time he left and thought the negativity at the club was more to do with him but reading this forum sometimes, I think it is probably just our supporters. Everything is rosey when we win but as soon as we hit a rough patch everyone starts pointing the finger with no evidence.

Totally agree, Ive said before that our fans are extremely fickle and that it must get through to the players when everyone gets on their backs. Everyone in here was blaming Moyes the last time we had a spate of injuries so its nothing new

Totally agree, Ive said before that our fans are extremely fickle and that it must get through to the players when everyone gets on their backs. Everyone in here was blaming Moyes the last time we had a spate of injuries so its nothing new

Yeah, I'm sure we had several spates of injuries during the Moyes era. As said, I am sure we notice it more as for several years we haven't had the density of talent to absorb injury crisis'.

How come no one has posted in here yet moaning that Barkley is back before is was expected to be? Filthy liar that Martinez!

He played it cunningly. Helped by the fitness of the young superstar. His previous record has been frustrating to say the least.

Is he? I can't remember a definitive timeframe given about him. It was always a case of it could be this amount of time, but could also be another.

Put it this way no-one expected him to be back for today's game, certainly not to start, other than in the last 24-48 hours.