IGNORED

Injuries update

• 2 weeks later...

I'd feared after the last Kone interview, where he said he was still having pain regularly, that he might truly be done. This report is at least a glimmer of hope. I've abandoned any thoughts of him playing regularly for us, but if he can himself in shape to play 15-20 minutes here or there he could still start to provide some value.

Kone has become an absolute joke tbh. "Being careful we don't overload him" - he's been out for over a year.

Its a perfectly valid point to make. In a competitive match a player is far more likely to overload a ligament or muscle which isn't right. Read Paul Lakes book - pure example of how a rushed and botched recovery ruins a player.

I don't get what point you are trying to make with that?

Nothing seems to be getting better does it? He's played a couple of games behind closed doors with no improvement if they're still not looking to push him any further.

This is the same Kone who Martinez said was on track for the first game of the season back before the start of pre season. I want him to come good and I believe he will once fit. But looking in it doesn't look good.

Nothing seems to be getting better does it? He's played a couple of games behind closed doors with no improvement if they're still not looking to push him any further.

This is the same Kone who Martinez said was on track for the first game of the season back before the start of pre season. I want him to come good and I believe he will once fit. But looking in it doesn't look good.

It sounds like injury has taken a long time to shake off and they want to make sure it has fully healed and the knee is as strong as it can be before he comes back into the fold.

Its frustrating, because like you I think he will be a useful asset but its clearly not a straightforward injury.

It sounds like injury has taken a long time to shake off and they want to make sure it has fully healed and the knee is as strong as it can be before he comes back into the fold.

Its frustrating, because like you I think he will be a useful asset but its clearly not a straightforward injury.

And if we think it's frustrating, just think how the player must feel. It has to be almost unbearable to want to prove yourself, to hear fans question your abilities, and be told to take time to properly recover.

And if we think it's frustrating, just think how the player must feel. It has to be almost unbearable to want to prove yourself, to hear fans question your abilities, and be told to take time to properly recover.

Getting paid £20k a week in the meantime may have softened the blow a bit though ;).

Think he's way down the pecking order these days anyway. Certainly behind Besic anyway.

Think he'll be sold come the end of the season tbh.

If we're lucky. Talented player no doubt, but if you can't play because of injuries then you need to find an alternative career.

If we're lucky. Talented player no doubt, but if you can't play because of injuries then you need to find an alternative career.

If we can get him fit enough to pass a medical someone will take a punt at around 3 million for sure.

That figure would be 10 if he wasn't made of glass maybe more.

Looking at the injury situation, not too bad on the whole. Martinez hasn't had a fully fit squad here yet and I'm sure he's as frustrated as we are.

Stones - Around Christmas

Alcaraz - 4 - 5 weeks

Mirallas - 2 - 3 weeks

Oviedo (Back after international break)

Kone (Back after the International break, 2093)

Looking forward to finall having a fit squad.

Edited by Geth