IGNORED

Injuries update

Am i right in thinking he's played every minute of every game for us this season? (or near enough)

I've been worried about him needing a rest for a while now, especially with his age. We'll miss him big time i reckon.

Did he play against Swansea in the cup? I can't remember. He's the one player I think should have been rotated more this season. Last season we ran him into the ground (through necessity) and he was running on fumes come the last few games, and I hoped we wouldn't do it again this season because there really is no need to.

Did he play against Swansea in the cup? I can't remember. He's the one player I think should have been rotated more this season. Last season we ran him into the ground (through necessity) and he was running on fumes come the last few games, and I hoped we wouldn't do it again this season because there really is no need to.

According to this he didnt;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29216771

So answered my own question :lol:

Agree totally on the rotation though. I get that we might not have someone else in the squad who can do what he does (bar gibbo, who has obviously been out with injuries) but then that to me, says we just have to play slightly different to what we usually do with him in the team.

Hopefully gibbo can quickly find some form and stay injury free now he's back though.

no they haven't blue boy. once we get mirallas back and oviedo and the like, that team is going to be beastly. john stones and jags. check it

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Baines

McCarthy Barry

McGeady Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Bench - Eto'O, Osman, Naismith, Oviedo, Distin, Browning, Hibbert, Besic, Gibson, Atsu

What a squad

no they haven't blue boy. once we get mirallas back and oviedo and the like, that team is going to be beastly. john stones and jags. check it

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Baines

McCarthy Barry

McGeady Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Bench - Eto'O, Osman, Naismith, Oviedo, Distin, Browning, Hibbert, Besic, Gibson, Atsu

What a squad

Where the hell is a Pienaar. He should be in ahead of McGeady.

It's certainly looks that way with Pienaar but a 60 minute performance from Pienaar is still more productive than a 10 minute spell from Mcgeady.

I'd say a ten minute spell from Pienaar (even though he's past his best) is likely to be more productive than sixty minutes from McGeady.

Time will tell.

Pienaar looks far to slow these days.

His decision making time seems to have increased and by the time he decides what to do he has lost the ball. I've seen him numerous times last season deciding what to do and next thing the ball has gone away from his feet!

There's always a chance he'll make something happen but those days are diminishing.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2014/11/18/martinez-to-check-on-quartet

Lots of "a bit too early to tell," " a worry," "make sure," and "we need to be cautious."

Doesn't exactly sound optimistic that any of these 4 -- Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Gibson -- will play Saturday. Nor Oviedo. No mention of Pienaar, so who knows? Kone surely still unlikely.

So, maybe .....

............................ Howard ............................

Coleman ...... Jagielka ...... Distin ...... Garbutt

................... Besic ............... Osman ...............

McGeady ............. Barkley ............... Naismith

.............................. Lukaku ............................

Maybe Eto'o to start instead of McGeady or Naismith, both of whom will presumably play today in friendlies.

Hard (for me) to name 6 likely bench players. Browning, presumably. Maybe Pienaar???

If all said players are out (which I doubt).

I'd like to see him go with this.....

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Garbutt

Besic Barkley

Naismith Eto'o McGeady

Lukaku

Barkley a little further back would give an interesting look. Besic can cover lots of defensive ground, so Barkley pushing forward from a deeper position would make for lots of attackers.

I'll guess Osman starts somewhere, but I don't want to distract the conversation from your more important point about Barkley.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...