IGNORED

Who would you have as captain?

Paddock

What a difference a year makes :lol:

My opinion is still the same.

Complete no brainer for me. Jags is the current captain, the best option and should keep it until he's no longer an automatic pick.

But the bit in bold has come into effect.

Happy for him to stay as club captain, we just need a different one on the pitch.

On current merit.... Naisy without a shadow of doubt, a leader on and off the field, but unfortunately not an automatic pick when barkley is fit. McCarthy or Stones are the obvious future picks.

That better not become a reality. The only person these last 3 games who deserves their starting place is Naismith

Why should one man have to drive on the other ten! everyone knows their own job on the pitch.Other than tossing a coin and choosing ends everything else should take care of it's self.

Their should be 11 captains on the pitch, should Jaggs have to have one eye on Mirallas, just in case he's wandered a few yards away from where he should be, might just mean Jaggs isn't watching the line or an opponents movement.

Don't burden the likes of Naismith with the job.

Leave it with Jaggs, loosing 6-3 to Chelsea had little to do with who was captain and more to do with certain people not doing their job (Jaggs included)

If you make a mistake on the pitch, usually more than one team mate will tell you.....do you look to see who's got the arm band on and take advice from him alone.

Oh god, merge this if you want Matt.

Sorry, there'sno search function on a phone :(

There is you know. Click on the four squares at the top right corner and then you get all different options, and search is one of them.

I'd probably go with Barry or Naismith. Barry because of his experience and he's done it before, and Naismith more as a lead by example captain.

Coleman, as right now he's showing fight and us guaranteed to play.

I've loved Jags over the years, but when you see the difference between him and Terry, he's just too nice. Then Howard is the one defending our players while Jags looks on, very frustrating. We need some nasty in the team, and we just don't have enough of it.

McCarthy has 2 things missing from his game that would make him a superstar.

Nastiness

Attacking ability

Not a captain for me. He can't take the game to the opposition.

That's like saying Mirrallas could be a world beater but he isn't a good defender. Mccarthy has a role to play in the team. If you saw him for Wigan he played the box to box midfielder and scored goals. We will do well to keep him for another few years

Think McCarthy could be a decent one in late 20s

Why not now? I agree he is young but have a look when it goes off he is always in there getting amongst it. He is a leader already with his performances

Why not now? I agree he is young but have a look when it goes off he is always in there getting amongst it. He is a leader already with his performances

Captains need to command respect on and off the pitch. The need to be vocal on and off the pitch. I don't think he has that status in this squad yet.

Guest blueboy122

I love Jags think he's a great person and pro..... But I don't think he fights enough for the team or his team mates. I want a Roy Keane type character wasn't bothered about his personal reputation and being friends with the opposition he was a lion and would run through brick walls for his club and defend his team mates all day.

I love Jags think he's a great person and pro..... But I don't think he fights enough for the team or his team mates. I want a Roy Keane type character wasn't bothered about his personal reputation and being friends with the opposition he was a lion and would run through brick walls for his club and defend his team mates all day.

There's only one person who fits that description, and it's Tim Howard.