IGNORED

The Shite (Away)

Romey 1878

I worry that Coleman's head knock may continue "under observation," rendering him unavailable. But desperately hoping he's fully fit, I wonder how this would work:

Howard

Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines

McCarthy Gibson Barry

Lukaku Naismith Mirallas

Three DM's, but Barry has excellent all-field vision, good for a few long passes into space to create opportunities. And Gibson's passing is a real strength, yes?

Second half subs -- Besic in if Gibson can only go 60 minutes. Eto'o for Lukaku at 60-65 minutes. Oviedo or McGeady in for either Naismith or Mirallas.

See this Coleman business is what does my head in about the Swansea match. Fair enough, we played the B team and lost. All the arguments are trotted out there. But we didn't take the opportunity to give Browning a run out. He appears to be our only viable back up. Now he's had no sort of introduction and no way we can use him. If Coleman misses out it means Stones at RB and the consensus seems to be that we're a touch crippled like that. Now probably true that it'd be a touch naive to throw Browning into the derby even if he'd been MotM against the Swans, but at least we'd know where we're at. All we know now is what we knew, Hibbert's nowhere near it. Let him get to work on his badges if he's going to continue on with the club.

I'm a bit distressed with some of the negativity here. Sure we always blow it when we go there, but no need for it to continue ad infinitum. Swans had never beat us in nothing, ever, that's done, why not this next. Liverpool are not strong at the moment, they've got no form. Their recent wins have been more luck that talent. If we set up solid and look to frustrate them for the first 25 (instead of sprinting out of the blocks to collapse when we run out of steam) then I think we'll be poised to hit them once they start to flag. Someone has got to be on Gerard just absolutely battering him for the first 25, don't give them the platform. For that it's got to be a 4-3-3 and I agree with those calling for Besic. Him and McCarthy either side of Barry will give us all the energy in the world to show our strength and at least two of them will be looking to play us in behind.

Not sure I'd start Eto'o though. For me he's almost an Osman. Give him 30 minutes or so and he shines, start him and you see the chinks.

---------------Howard---------------

Coleman - Stones - Jags - Baines

McCarthy - Barry - Besic

Lukaku -- Naismith -- Mirallas

See this Coleman business is what does my head in about the Swansea match. Fair enough, we played the B team and lost. All the arguments are trotted out there. But we didn't take the opportunity to give Browning a run out. He appears to be our only viable back up. Now he's had no sort of introduction and no way we can use him. If Coleman misses out it means Stones at RB and the consensus seems to be that we're a touch crippled like that. Now probably true that it'd be a touch naive to throw Browning into the derby even if he'd been MotM against the Swans, but at least we'd know where we're at. All we know now is what we knew, Hibbert's nowhere near it. Let him get to work on his badges if he's going to continue on with the club.

I'm a bit distressed with some of the negativity here. Sure we always blow it when we go there, but no need for it to continue ad infinitum. Swans had never beat us in nothing, ever, that's done, why not this next. Liverpool are not strong at the moment, they've got no form. Their recent wins have been more luck that talent. If we set up solid and look to frustrate them for the first 25 (instead of sprinting out of the blocks to collapse when we run out of steam) then I think we'll be poised to hit them once they start to flag. Someone has got to be on Gerard just absolutely battering him for the first 25, don't give them the platform. For that it's got to be a 4-3-3 and I agree with those calling for Besic. Him and McCarthy either side of Barry will give us all the energy in the world to show our strength and at least two of them will be looking to play us in behind.

Not sure I'd start Eto'o though. For me he's almost an Osman. Give him 30 minutes or so and he shines, start him and you see the chinks.

---------------Howard---------------

Coleman - Stones - Jags - Baines

McCarthy - Barry - Besic

Lukaku -- Naismith -- Mirallas

Eto picked up a knock which is why he faded and was subbed.

Hibbert being played the other night was a complete waste.

Martinez is under the microscope right now and needs to produce and get the players heads sorted.

I just hope The Shite risk Sturriddge and he is way way below par otherwise I really don't want to think about this game at all

Going to Analfield this weekend is going to feel like going to the headmasters office to get the cane

I feel like a ten year old kid who has a kid in my classes big brother on his way to beat me up kind of sickly feeling in my stomach already and we're not even into Friday yet

Going to Analfield this weekend is going to feel like going to the headmasters office to get the cane

This http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29364830 is the team we're playing on Saturday, not fucking Barcelona. If we play like we did first half v Arse we'll win with something to spare. We've played some cracking football this season but been undone by individual errors, I'm quietly confident.

Bought some petrol today and the guy behind the counter (Liverpool fan) said, "You're going to beat us on Saturday, we're awful at the moment." If you don't trust me then trust the guy at Tesco's filling station, Tiverton :lol:.

Come on lads :COYBs[1]::COYBs[1]: .

My biggest fear for this game is that Coleman won't be fit and we go with Stones at RB. That has nothing to do with the mauling he took playing there last season (I know he wasn't alone in that respect) but because him playing RB disrupts our balance even more than it has been this season. I don't care how shit Liverpool have been so far this season, if you gift them chances to score they'll take some of them.

Please be fit, Seamus!

Howard

Coleman Stones Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

Eto'o Naismith Mirallas

Lukaku

This makes sense with me, possibly with Eto and Lukaku swapping. I don't know what this big ordeal with Besic is people want him started in every game. This one is for McCarthey and Barry, Besic as many people have said, especially with Martin Atkison in charge, will get targeted and possibly sent off.

My biggest fear for this game is that Coleman won't be fit and we go with Stones at RB. That has nothing to do with the mauling he took playing there last season (I know he wasn't alone in that respect) but because him playing RB disrupts our balance even more than it has been this season. I don't care how shit Liverpool have been so far this season, if you gift them chances to score they'll take some of them.

Please be fit, Seamus!

Spot on. If Stones plays RB we're in for a long day. Edited by MiguelCotto

This makes sense with me, possibly with Eto and Lukaku swapping. I don't know what this big ordeal with Besic is people want him started in every game. This one is for McCarthey and Barry, Besic as many people have said, especially with Martin Atkison in charge, will get targeted and possibly sent off.

Agree Besic should not be starting this game! Atkinson is in charge, Anfield crowd will be looking for blood. The lad doesn't seem controlled enough to play in an Anfield Derby yet.

Guest millwallforever

Liverpool without Suarez are not a team that we should be fearing. We will be able to neutralise their central midfield without any problems. I suspect that there will be one or two surprise names in the starting line-up tomorrow.

I do not expect too many goals, because both teams are well aware of their defensive frailties and will be very cautious tomorrow.

My prediction for tomorrow: 0-1 us, with a late goal by one of our subs.

Please be fit, Seamus!

Agree with these important points. Unfortunately, from RM's most recent comments, seems unlikely Coleman will play. Of course, if he's not fully fit, medically, can't take any chance.

RM's comments re the Coleman injury are interesting, if double-talk-infuriating from an Everton fan's perspective. I think I've finally caught on to RM's distinctions among: medically fit, "ready for the ball" - which seems to mean able to do individual drills - full practice fit, ready to get limited sub minutes, and ready to play a full match.

If he's double-talking to fool Rodgers into assuming no Coleman, he's sure fooled me, too. It will be a wonderful surprise to find Seamus's name anywhere on the teamsheet tomorrow, but it will be a surprise.

Team I would start if Seamus is out.

Howard

Stones. Jags. Baines

Mcarthy. Barry

Besic

Mcgeady Naismith Mirallas

Lukaku

Maybe a bit risky with 3 at the back but having 4 hasn't worked. So with Besic, Barry and McCarthy to cover you never know.

Edited by milesey05

"It's still only three points but three points are becoming very important for both sides after we dropped points."

Is he fucking serious?!

I think the point he is getting at is that the game is still only worth 3 points but the value of the match to both sides is far more.

If your insinuating what I think you are, then you need to get a grip as well as a few others on here in taking comments completely in isolation or not using context and even in some instances just making them up!

I fucking hate derby day but this ones really giving me the shits. I now live so far south I may as well be in France & guess what? Fucking red shite everywhere! I'm lucky if I've got one or two bluenoses around me to give it to the twenty odd you'll never walk alone singing cunts in the pub come kick off. Given what I expect to happen, i was thinking about giving it the swerve, I won't though, no chance! Come on blue boys do us proud!

I fucking hate derby day but this ones really giving me the shits. I now live so far south I may as well be in France & guess what? Fucking red shite everywhere! I'm lucky if I've got one or two bluenoses around me to give it to the twenty odd you'll never walk alone singing cunts in the pub come kick off. Given what I expect to happen, i was thinking about giving it the swerve, I won't though, no chance! Come on blue boys do us proud!

I've felt worse tbh and I always feel it's bad luck if we're in good form - because we expect a decent performance and we can get ahead of ourselves. Just look at last season. I was so confident the way we were playing and the way we outdone them at Goodison.

Don't miss it mate (I know you won't) because we may do them!