IGNORED

Manchester United (away)

Paddock

I'm hoping we defend like we did today but that we rediscover our attacking play. They'll create a lot of opportunities by the looks but they're there for the taking at the back.

Find some tempo and urgency going forward and another win at OT is on the cards.

It's another one of those games that could finish 5-5 if we rediscover our goalscoring touch.

They've got such good players going forward, even without Rooney. Di Maria, Falcao and Van Persie I fear for our defence but if we hit it off their defence is absolutely shambolic as well so could be a right ding dong.

Hopefully we defend like we did today (really well by the sounds of it although I only saw the last 20 mins)

I'll start this one off if nobody minds?

Rooney just been sent off so he wont be playing for starters.

Guess that just leaves Falcao to deal with!

That's a real shame. Rooney is a liability, but he can't be benched because he's the captain and paid gobs of money. This gives van Gaal the opportunity to play Mata in his place.

Mirallas will be a big loss for us. I would start Atsu on the right. With his pace and United's defence being the way it is then it is there for the taking. :)

Think Atsu is a shout now Mirallas is injured. We defo need pace against this defence.

Howard (unfortunately)

Hibbert (if Coldmans out)

Baines

Stones

Jagielka

Besic

Mcarthey

Atsu

Naismith

Mgeady (because nobody else to play)

Lukaku

Robles

Alcaraz

Browning

Barry

Gibson

Osman

Eto

.................Howard...................

Browning Stones Jags Baines

......McCarthy ..... Besic .............

Atsu ..... Naismith .....Oviedo

...................Lukaku..................

Yep, I like the look of this as a starting line up. Anyone know how long Coleman & Pienaar are going to be out for?

dont rate atsu the only way he will get game time is through other players being injured.

I think he played well against Crystal Palace. He took on defenders and cut inside the box. Gave defenders a real problem. Only problem I have with him is his passing is a bit weak and he doesn't track back. He isn't as technically gifted as Mirallas or even McGeady but he has pace which will cause Man United a lot of problems.

I think he played well against Crystal Palace. He took on defenders and cut inside the box. Gave defenders a real problem. Only problem I have with him is his passing is a bit weak and he doesn't track back. He isn't as technically gifted as Mirallas or even McGeady but he has pace which will cause Man United a lot of problems.

I thought he done ok against Palace as well tbh.

I like the look of atsu... Let's not forget this is his first crack at such a level and he is rapidly fast. He will get better and looks weaver to learn! On the note of McGeady, he is now our senior winger, time for him to step up.... I know he gets slagged off a lot and deserves a bit of it, but there is a talented, mercurial player in there and he needs to find it fast or we are going to become very one dimensional...

The thing with whoever comes in to replace Mirallas is that they aren't going to have his aggression or desire. McGeady is more of a sulker and I don't know about Atsu yet but I doubt he will be a fighter either. Mirallas is a player that can drag you into games whereas the other two need the rest of the team to do the gritty stuff.

The thing with whoever comes in to replace Mirallas is that they aren't going to have his aggression or desire. McGeady is more of a sulker and I don't know about Atsu yet but I doubt he will be a fighter either. Mirallas is a player that can drag you into games whereas the other two need the rest of the team to do the gritty stuff.

Think you're spot on there Bailey. I think we're going to miss Mirallas much more than we are/have Barkeley

I think the biggest priority would be battening down the hatches with defense. Di Maria and Falcao are nightmares, but it can be done.

United's back 4 are hardly top draw, so if you can get the ball in behind them, Lukaku and the CM's can maul them pretty easily I think.

Maybe call Leicester and see if they can loan over Vardy for one fixture? ;)

Edited by Michael Casanova

Herrera out for United.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29431967

Not really seen him so I don't know how much of a loss that is.

Herrera is a BIG loss to United. I spoke to United fan today and he said Herrera to United is like McCarthy to Everton. Can't agree that much as he has only played 4 games for United but he said he tracks back and is the spine of midfield.

Hopefully Coleman will be back against United. See how fit Shaw really is or isn't as Van Gaal suggests.

Herrera is a BIG loss to United. I spoke to United fan today and he said Herrera to United is like McCarthy to Everton. Can't agree that much as he has only played 4 games for United but he said he tracks back and is the spine of midfield.

Hopefully Coleman will be back against United. See how fit Shaw really is or isn't as Van Gaal suggests.

If he isn't that's virtually all our creativity gone. Mirallas, Barkeley and Coleman.

3 really big game olayers for us.

Herrera out for United.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29431967

Not really seen him so I don't know how much of a loss that is.

Wouldn't this put Fellaini in line for a recall? Don't know if that would be good or bad for us.

United is a "big" game still?

With the way we've started the season every game is huge right now.

Impossible to predict this one, even the lineup, until we see what we go for in Russia. I'm hoping for youth and credible draw there and a very strong performance against the Mancs.

Guest rusty747

Assuming Coleman, Mirallas and Peanuts are still crook, I would go with

Howard

Atsu McCarthy Gibson Mcgready

Eto'o

Lukaku

Naismith for either Lukaku or Eto'o, Oviedo baby for Mcgready, Besic for Atsu when the game is won and we can stiffen the midfield.

Assuming Coleman, Mirallas and Peanuts are still crook, I would go with

Howard

Atsu McCarthy Gibson Mcgready

Eto'o

Lukaku

Naismith for either Lukaku or Eto'o, Oviedo baby for Mcgready, Besic for Atsu when the game is won and we can stiffen the midfield.

I'd like to see essentially the same team - but with Oviedo starting instead of McGeady and Barry instead of Gibson. This might also be a good game for Kone to make an appearance as sub.

PS - I just clicked Like instead of Save. Any way I can undo that? I didn't even realize I could like my own post!

Edited by Cornish Steve