IGNORED

Manchester United (away)

Paddock

I'd like to see essentially the same team - but with Oviedo starting instead of McGeady and Barry instead of Gibson. This might also be a good game for Kone to make an appearance as sub.

PS - I just clicked Like instead of Save. Any way I can undo that? I didn't even realize I could like my own post!

Not as far as I know. I'll give you a neg to cancel it out :).

I think he's referring to Mirallas, Barkley and Coleman being big players for Everton rather than meaning United is a big game. That's how I read it anyway, could be wrong.

You read it right but I was slightly off topic so can see where he got it from .

Think United is a big game though although I thinkk well hope Matt was tongue in cheek??

Guest millwallforever

People were expecting a high-scoring game at Anfield as well. Personally I don't think we will see too many goals.

This could be a high-scoring game, although I'd take our current defence over theirs any day.

People were expecting a high-scoring game at Anfield as well. Personally I don't think we will see too many goals.

There'll be goals in this. Utd are good going forward & terrible at the back. We have the capability to play amazing football, I just hope our trip to Russia doesn't take to much out of the tank.

Lawrenson on Stones:

"He is clearly going to be a very good player - the only problem for Everton is that he is going to make his mistakes while he is playing for them in a key position and finding out what Premier League football is all about."

Shut up Lawrenson, no more mistakes than any Liverpool Centre Back has made this season.

After seeing the Krasnodar lineup I think this will be seen this weekend

Howard

Browning Stones Jags Baines

McCarthy Besic Barry

Lukaku Naismith Mcgeady

I really hope pienaar, Coleman, and Distin are fit and ready would love to see them in there.

This would be an excellent lineup. If Pienaar is ready, though, I'd play him first, with McGeady taking his place during the second half.

This would be an excellent lineup. If Pienaar is ready, though, I'd play him first, with McGeady taking his place during the second half.

Agreed, my dream lineup is

Howard

Coleman stones Distin Baines

McCarthy Besic

Mcgeady Naismith Pienaar

Lukaku

I just don't want James Stevie and Seamus rushed back and hurt again. We really need them fit for the season, hence my other lineup.

Without coleman and McCarthy I fear we are going to see a similar performance to Russia but we are up against a lot better this time so I really do fear this one. Not as confident a feeling as there was going into the same fixture last season!!!

Edited by Southall

Without coleman and McCarthy I fear we are going to see a similar performance to Russia but we are up against a lot better this time so I really do fear this one. Not as confident a feeling as there was going into the same fixture last season!!!

We don't know we're without them yet, they might both play.

For me, this game will be won in the midfield... Albeit our defence has started to solidify a bit, we still allowed far far to many chances in Russia. Limit their time on the ball, I really don't rate any of their defenders bar Shaw but even he will surely be rusty, I'd like to 3 in the CM again and possibly even Oviedo/Baines double teaming on the wing to counter Di Maria..

I've just read that Paddy McNair will start for United at CB. So let's have him under pressure as soon as possible.

You'd like to think so, but somehow I can't really see us targeting him. Reminds me of when Brad Jones had to play in the Semi Final for Liverpool. Biggest game of his life and he would have been incredibly nervous so you would have thought the tactic would have been to test him at every opportunity. Don't think he had a save to make all game, which was terrible from us and Moyes.

I'm actually dreading this match. Not because I fear United, but because I fear how our players will play (and which ones will be missing!) and what calamities they'll bring on themselves.

Why don't you have a bit of negativity to go with that lack of optimism.

Edited by London Blue