Sign in to follow this  
jofanon

£50m For New Players

£50m is being touted for new players if the club get's taken over.

Its NEVER going to happen, but if it did (and just for fun), who would like to buy?

Shaun Wright Philips - £12m

Tim Howard (permanent) - £3m

Patrick Viera - £10m

Saviola - £5m

Stephen Appiah - £5m

Wayne Bridge - £4m

= £39m + wages

Or just blow the lot on Rooney or Gerrard (that would piss them off!)

£50m is being touted for new players if the club get's taken over.

Its NEVER going to happen, but if it did (and just for fun), who would like to buy?

Shaun Wright Philips - £12m

Tim Howard (permanent) - £3m

Patrick Viera - £10m

Saviola - £5m

Stephen Appiah - £5m

Wayne Bridge - £4m

= £39m + wages

Or just blow the lot on Rooney or Gerrard (that would piss them off!)

41854[/snapback]

Bridge is available for £1million apparently, Id take all of them players but not Vieira. Instead id get Parker

I dont dont think Moyes would go stupid and Buy someone because he has the money! I tihnk he would buy the right player!

If in the unlikely event we found ourselves with 50 million to spend on players, I'd buy...

A quality goalkeeper - not many about though - maybe Shay Given? (i'm a big fan) - probably get him for 4 or 5 million

A decent utility full back - primarily as back-up for Hibbo and Valente cos I don't see the point of getting rid of them completely, but I'd be willing to spend about 4 or 5 mil on getting good cover.

A good holding player - there's a few about - Vieira, Appiah being the ones I'm biggest fan of - maybe 7/8 mil

A livewire winger - Ribery maybe? probably 14 mil

which leaves about 10 million I think - which I'd spend on getting Nugent in for 4 mil and Gravesen back where he belongs :)

Ronaldinhio - 1 bob

Kaka - 3 bob

Robhino - 10,000

:P

No seriously:

Shaun Wright Philips

Tim Howard (permanent)

Saviola

Joey Barton

Stephen Appiah

Wayne Bridge

Guest fozzie22

The only chance we'd have 50 mill to spend if that cretin BK found it in jennys knicker drawer.

Gary Breen

Davey Thompson

Djimi Traore

Andy Todd

Clinton Morrison

Jason Koumas

Paul Dickov

Should add the depth required & leave a lil change out ya fantasy 50.

Stevo's choice...........

Pedersen

Bridge

Gallas

Appiah

Given

Go along with them completely, A lot of the choices have been pie-in-the-Sky, not really looking at the right departments to strengthen, this is the first sensible choice ive seen.

What a squad we would have with those additions.

Would not call Given and Gallas sensible choices if they where to leave their respective clubs cant see them joining us

42073[/snapback]

Scouse......Cant see how you can make that statement, probably two of the best players in their respective positions last season, and if we had £50m to spend, Why wouldnt they want to come come here.

Its only a hypothetical Question anyway, dont take it too serious. ;)

BOOOOO

so now we have to wake up and smell the Weir & Stubbs flavour coffee. Thanks Scouse.

forget it, im goin back to sleep, and my £50m cheque is coming with me!

Me Gallas and Given are just getting on the team bus to wembley!

Scouse......Cant see how you can make that statement, probably two of the best players in their respective positions last season, and if we had £50m to spend, Why wouldnt they want to come come here.

Its only a hypothetical Question anyway, dont take it too serious. ;)

42083[/snapback]

Firstly because we couldnt offer them European football and secondly bigger clubs would come in for them, remember as the Beattles said Money cant buy you love look at Pompey... Ps Dont say Chelski as they were challanging for honours before the Russian came in

thats not very adventurous for £50m!!!

42362[/snapback]

i did more before on page 1 :)

but i'd have a fair few come in

idealyl id have my mid somethign like

LEft ---Right

N'Zogbia Nolan Barton Arteta

don't know who upfront possibly look abroad, forlan or soemone maybe i dunn, maybe someone from france

prolly get bridge and another center half, oncce again nto sure who, woudl take some thought, and a right back too

howard

hmmm

adn to the little debate a few posts above me, gallas wouldn't coem to Everton, not a chance

id buy tevez for £16 mil as he is young, full of pace and can score goals, wants to come to england according to papers, id have him and saviola, put a sneaky bid in for the argentine who played for pompy on loan last season d'asandro or sutton. would buy a top keeper and a decent midfeilder like nolan or ljumberg

^ 16 where you read that, chelsea were abotu to offer 40 accordin to rumours not so long ago, id have him for 16 though defiantely

42541[/snapback]

thats what i read chelsea were going to offer a while bk when they were intrested, prob diff paper diff amount

Ok lets turn the fantasy in to a further hypo..

Would you trust Moyes to Spend the 50 mill Wisely?

i dunno, im not convinced he'd buy many goodplayers, his record isnt that great, but well he got the club this far, so if someone buys, its probably a lot to do with him also, so give him the chance

Dont think he has what it takes to sign the real world beaters of this world yet, so 50 million may be to much for him IMO. Unless a director of football iks brought in to oversee it all.

Dont think he has what it takes to sign the real world beaters of this world yet, so 50 million may be to much for him IMO.  Unless a director of football iks brought in to oversee it all.

42814[/snapback]

Moyes doesn't even know what £50m looks like (and neither do I) so I doubt he would know what to do with it. I would be scared that he would look to sign £3-5m players with it and buy a team rather than 5 £10m quality players that would guarantee europe each year.

But - its all a dream. £50m and Everton only ever get mentioned together when talking about debt.

I dont no weather i could trust moyes with 50 million. Got the feeling that he would still buy cheep squad players instead of less top quality players.

If i had 50 million id buy:

Howard (if the man u would sell him) if not id have Niemi

Wes Brown

A quality centermid sum1 like da Appiah to give Tim some freedom to bomb forward.

Ribery (dats if he'd go to us. dont think he would tho tbh)

Nuri Sahin - Plays for Borussia Dortmund he's 17 i think seen him loads. A playmaker who looks set to be 1 of the best players in the world in the future.

Tevez