IGNORED

Ossie Autobiography

Madmatt

downloaded it last night, thought i would read a chapter before bed, ended up reading nearly 3/4 of the book and dropped off to sleep at 6am this morning, really good read, and a great insight into the club, particularly at youth level when he was progressing. I feel a little bit of resentment towards him playing across the park, but all in all its very positive so far. well worth a read anyway!

it was a good read, found it interesting to find out what he thought of others, especially the chapter on David Moyes. was interesting to see the team picked up on moyes not really bothering in first few months of the season the other year, when we had all picked up on it to. im amazed we produced any youth team players before we moved to finch farm listening to how bad it was at netherton!

Apparently signed a new contract

:doh:

Unfortunately, Ossie is doing exactly what we feared Cahill might do. Outstay his welcome.

Last season we saw that he struggled to complete 60-70 mins, this season he's struggling to complete 45 IMO. The game against Burnley he was fairly anonymous for most of the game, I only realised he was on the pitch when he kept getting caught on the ball around the 60 minute mark. The biggest gripe of mine is how when it gets to that point of a game and we're under a bit of pressure, and he's played on the Left, Baines just gets left out to dry and gets doubled up by the opponents RB and RW simply because Ossie doesnt have the legs to get back and if he does get back, they beat him like he isnt there because he's blowing out his arse.

He's never really had the pace or stamina to compete when he was in his prime, so its becoming a massive hinderance now he's getting on.

He's been a great servant to the club, and i'll never forget that goal he scored against Larrisa but he's tarnishing all that for me at the minute. Call it a day Ossie.

one year extension... keeps him until end of next season.

I personally wouldn't have extended him beyond the end of this season, legs have truly gone.

I honestly thought Dunc meant a book contract :lol:

His legs have gone and shouldn't be started. However, he has done well when coming off the bench, is a big part of the dressing room and is an experienced body. More than enough to justify another year around the first team

I don't think there are many that don't realise it at this moment. I've always found him a very frustrating player but have always thought he was a good squad player.

I never understood this, at least, I never understood the finger pointing at him specifically. Under Moyes he was constantly played out of position on the RW or in a DCM role, under Martinez its been the same more or less. When given his opportunity behind the striker he has had good to excellent games, even dominated a game on a couple of occasions, before being moved back to the wing.

This goes back to my argument that you will only ever get the best out of a player if you play to their strengths. I don't agree that he is a frustrating player, I would say that how he is played is incredibly frustrating.

I never understood this, at least, I never understood the finger pointing at him specifically. Under Moyes he was constantly played out of position on the RW or in a DCM role, under Martinez its been the same more or less. When given his opportunity behind the striker he has had good to excellent games, even dominated a game on a couple of occasions, before being moved back to the wing.

This goes back to my argument that you will only ever get the best out of a player if you play to their strengths. I don't agree that he is a frustrating player, I would say that how he is played is incredibly frustrating.

I found him frustrating because one game he'd show quality but most games he just drifts through, not offering much at all. Not to mention he's always been invisible when it's a big game.

I'm a bit miffed that he's been given a new contract before Mirallas as well, tbh. It's not like Osman would have any other suitors so it wasn't a big need to get him signed up right now.