IGNORED

**The Vaults**

MC11

Personally I would have Naismith over him. And I may cop stick for that. But Naismith works incredibly hard plays for the badge, and regardless of what people may think he is one of our better finishers in the squad. Eto is just looking for a pay packet I'm afraid...

John Stones

We need a dominating midfielder and a striker and we look like bringing in a right back... makes perfect sense.

i can see this being coleman back to right mid

We've gone from Leroy Fer and Negrado to fucking Josh Stones. I'm slightly pissed off that we are spending precious deadline day time buying a right-back when we desperatly need an attacking midfielder and a striker.

So hard to get excited about this but welcome to him.

i'm so disappointed this is all we have done

Martinez

I don't want this to be a "Your not giving him a chance thread" so I honestly believe we will be poor next season a bit like a villa last year. But Martinez won't last the bad spell. I think because of the indifference towards the appointment ppl will be on his back very quick. If the total of his transfer dealings is Kone Alcaraz and even Redmond Then everyone will be there saying I told you so. I want him to prove me wrong a get us sixth but the stats don't lie and her relegated a team that Steve Bruce kept up. I am very nervous about next season and the quality of the players we are most linked with are average to poor

Edited by MC11

Hahaha! Brilliant.

I was a bit worried by MC'S opening post about 'big up a player' or 'gets something wrong'...With such a lose timescale....nothing but trouble ahead!

Anyway, it's back on track now. Should be good.

If ever there was was a time to just 'sit on the fence' and avoid calling 'a spade a spade' it's now...could end up in The Vault (said in a deep menacing voice, kind of a cross between Darth Bader and Cilla Black).

Much (man) love!

Tbf in regards to Stones, it's not that I didn't rate him (I knew fuck all about him), I just thought we were looking at bringing in a player in the wrong position.

So not really sure why you brought that post up. But hey ho.

Eto'o I hold my hands up to. Dead wrong.

But I'm happy to put my opinions out there at the risk of being wrong, rather than get splinters sitting on the fence. So I'm sure I'll appear in this thread again and again in the future.

I'm happy to say to say i've got more "he will be a good player" right, than I have got "he is useless wrong". Just for the fact that it means we are a better team for it.

Fellaini was the one where I needed to adjust my stance on, however over time it appears that much of what I have said was true. Its just that Moyes had to shoe horn him into the side in a way that would increase his impact. It worked but at the expense of strikers prospering.

Unfortunately I do not think Lukaku will prove me wrong, it may just be that like Fellaini the manager finds a way to use him where his limitations aren't as damaging. At the moment it appears we have spent £28m on a 6ft 4 Tony Cottee. The irony may well be that we need to sign a target man smaller than Lukaku to do the work he can't do and allow him to be a penalty box operator.

McGeady will prove me right - much to MC's dismay. Playing in leagues far slower and having an extended break from football means that we will see the best of him in the New Year. He is getting sharper, more decisive and fitter with each game. He will have the occassional stinker like all wingers do, but at nthe moment we don't have a chalk on boots player like him.

McGeady will prove me right - much to MC's dismay. Playing in leagues far slower and having an extended break from football means that we will see the best of him in the New Year. He is getting sharper, more decisive and fitter with each game. He will have the occassional stinker like all wingers do, but at nthe moment we don't have a chalk on boots player like him.

If by proving you right is playing 1 game in 20 "well", then maybe. People have critisised Mirallas for being a 1 in 3 game player, McGeady is even more inconsistent. He's been f*cking dreadful before the last game.

He's had long enough to prove it imo. And if he's our best winger, we have got to clear the lot of them out and get in some new blood.

If by proving you right is playing 1 game in 20 "well", then maybe. People have critisised Mirallas for being a 1 in 3 game player, McGeady is even more inconsistent. He's been f*cking dreadful before the last game.

He's had long enough to prove it imo. And if he's our best winger, we have got to clear the lot of them out and get in some new blood.

I think if you look at Naismith and how long it took him to get used to the pace after being in Scotland there is an element of patience required.

I think its fair to say that in the past two games the difference in McGeady hasn't been his "quality" as I believe that is there, more the physical sharpness.

The position of a winger is all about very fine margins, being 90% of capacity versus 100% capacity is far more noticable in that position than any other. The reason is that little extra speed off the mark, that little bit more speed of feet is the difference in beating your man or not.

McGeady has been judged whilst not being fully up to speed. There is a player there, and one that is a game changing player. Look at the types of passes he makes, he threads diagonal balls between the lines. He stands a man up and tries to beat him.

Yes he gets tackled, Suarez was the most tackled man at Liverpoool last year....

Guest blueboy122

If we had a forward who could get in the box and attack his crosses we would be applauding Mcgeady.

Often his best work is wasted as nobody has the aggression to get up and attack his crosses.

If we had a forward who could get in the box and attack his crosses we would be applauding Mcgeady.

Often his best work is wasted as nobody has the aggression to get up and attack his crosses.

How often did this happen last year? Deulofeu hit the by line and hamered in a low ball across the 6 yard box to not have a player take a chance.

:lol:

McGeady's shit = Lukaku's fault

Teams shite against Sunderland = Lukaku's fault

Win 3-0 against Lille, why wasnt it 4-0? = Lukaku's fault

Global warming = Lukaku's fault

Recession = Lukaku's Fault

Honestly bored of the Lukaku arguement now and its been done to death but to suggest McGeady's Ineffectivness is down to him as well is just bollocks.

How often did this happen last year? Deulofeu hit the by line and hamered in a low ball across the 6 yard box to not have a player take a chance.

Oh come on haf. I can count on one hand the amount of times Gerry did that, thats what we all wanted him to do! Unfortunately, Gerry just got to the line and had a shot from ridiculous angles.

We do have a forward who can get into the box. Unfortunately he is being asked to be a hold-up player whilst others join the attack, the job of an AMC. That goes for all of our strikers, whoever is leading the line; all are expected to hold the ball up and link up play rather than do their actual job, which is to be in the box to score. They cannot do both jobs at the same time.

It's the "Paddy" bit that's worrying me tbh but also my name appearing often when I've not even posted in the theead. All classic signs :D

Oh yes, the guy has serious issues :D. He's like leach. Once he's dug his teeth in he doesn't let go.... I'm not sure if he suffers from BPD :D.The battles I've been involved in over the last 10 months have been really messy. I've had a few but Newtys just go on and on. I had to block him it was that bad.

He still throws his hook out from time to time but I try to ignore it now. It really isn't worth it. The worst thing is he tries to make out it's you who's being difficult.

Edited by MC11

:lol:

McGeady's shit = Lukaku's fault

Teams shite against Sunderland = Lukaku's fault

Win 3-0 against Lille, why wasnt it 4-0? = Lukaku's fault

Global warming = Lukaku's fault

Recession = Lukaku's Fault

Honestly bored of the Lukaku arguement now and its been done to death but to suggest McGeady's Ineffectivness is down to him as well is just bollocks.

I don't that its just Lukaku so in all honesty Mcgeadys performances are not Rom dependant. I've said elsewhere its his own fitness and sharpness which will improve over this season.

What is Roms fault:-

• Passes bouncing off him
  • Play breaking down because he can't hold on to the ball
  • Passes played to opponents
  • Not making the right runs
  • Lazyness

We do have a forward who can get into the box. Unfortunately he is being asked to be a hold-up player whilst others join the attack, the job of an AMC. That goes for all of our strikers, whoever is leading the line; all are expected to hold the ball up and link up play rather than do their actual job, which is to be in the box to score. They cannot do both jobs at the same time.

That really never did seem to bother Alan Shearer.... Drop deep, control, lay off, run into the box.... all 6ft and 12.5 stone of him.

Not sure why the 6ft 4 15st Rom can't do that. Doesn't seem to bother the likes of Costa, Giroud and Dzeko either.

Give this to Rom to read.... http://performance.fourfourtwo.com/technique/ibrahimovic-how-to-play-as-a-targetman

Oh yes, the guy has serious issues :D. He's like leach. Once he's dug his teeth in he doesn't let go.... I'm not sure if he suffers from BPD :D.The battles I've been involved in over the last 10 months have been really messy. I've had a few but Newtys just go on and on. I had to block him it was that bad.

He still throws his hook out from time to time but I try to ignore it now. It really isn't worth it. The worst thing is he tries to make out it's you who's being difficult.

Oh come on. We're just having a laugh. The :D don't hide the intent of the full post.

Behave.